Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSA insurance

Options
  • 05-06-2014 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Has anyone made a home insurance claim from RSA (bank of ireland home insurance)? if yes, were they coopperative? efficient?

Any hints tips on how to deal with them before I make a claim would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭joeguevara

I just had a claim go through with them. House next door was on fire and fire brigade went through my front and back door.

Didnt really deal with RSA at all as they passed me on to the assessor, coningham lyndsey. Found them great and very helpful. Guy came out, looked at the damage and sent in his report next day. I then got quotations and sent them in and they had a cheque sent out to me within 2 days. In total about 2 weeks since the damage, as it took 7-9 days for assessor to come out. They were really busy after the storms.

Only annoying thing was they kept a retention of 600 as the claim was over 1k. Once I sent them photos of the new doors and a paid invoice, they released the retention immediately.

Since the claim, I have renewed for another year and my insurance only went up 3 euro a month.

Very happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

yes, we had a 14000 euro claim for fire(shed in back garden) It took a while to get a assessor out as it was dec 2010 when the big freeze was on. All in all I am happy with the way it was dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quinn1

Thanks for reply. Very much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 quinn1

Another related question...

Does anyone know if RSA cover the effects of damp? Its fairly significant damp, i.e. doors do not close properly, mildue on furniture... I have accidental damage insurance included in my policy and pay a fairly significant premium.
    The house is heated by a range/backboiler. Range could not be light becasue of cresoste leaking from chminey breast and into wall. This is why house became so damp. Chimney specalist came to view house recently and said there was significant cracks in chimney, probably casued by a fire we didn't know we had.

Any ideas/suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,900 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd be pretty certain that no insurer is going to cover that - the damp is due to not heating the house, its not their concern why its not heated and its your responsibility to ensure that it is. Not doing it and then trying to lay it on an insurable issue from god knows how long ago won't wash.

• Advertisement
Advertisement