Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clarisonic

• 05-06-2014 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭

I know there has been a thread on this...but it was year ago!

So, anyone have one of these? Few people at work were raving on about them. My first thought was nahhh, just another silly gimmick. Then I researched them a bit and the reviews are generally brilliant!

Are they worth it? They just seem so expensive!

My skin is actually pretty good in general. Still though, I have blackheads around my nose that annoy me. I sometimes get a few spots around my chin (period time!), but not so much in recent years.

Recently my skin has got pretty dry. My makeup often gets kinda flaky. Which is weird, because I always used to have oily shiny skin! I'd say a lot of it is down to the aircon at work, my hair is so dry since I started there also.

Anyway, I am thinking of getting a Clarisonic and just want to know what peoples experiences with them are. And what kind of skin type you have..

They seem like a lot of money, but I would spend it if they helped my blackheads and flaky skin :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I've posted on here about mine - I bought one second hand on ebay and then just bought brush heads for it. I find I notice when I don't use it. I would live without it though - the brush heads are really expensive so I just get the generic ones from ebay which I find fine. Its not as life changing as I hoped but its a nice addition to the routine I suppose.

Recently I must have dropped it though and one of the nodges in the side has kind of broken off so I need to hold the brush on with my finger which is a bit of a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

I have the Mia, which I rarely use anymore. When I got it I thought that it would be amazing and there was no way that it would live up to my expectations. I have oily dehydrated skin and I thought it would clear up my skin and TBH it only made it worse and I got loads more break-outs. I know people talk about the purging stage, but this never ended for me.

I got mine in America so it was probably cheaper than here, but I was buying one again I'd get the No7 one to see how I'd get on.

I have moved on to the Hot Cloth Cleansing method and find this way better and way cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

OP, my skin sounds exactly the same as yours. I bought my clarisonic mia 18 months ago and am still in love with it. It does amazing things to the previoudly perma-clogged pores on my nose - I had previously had some success with oil based hot cloth cleansing but now I combine both and use the Mia before I wipe off with the hot cloth and it has done wonders for my skin. I also use it with just facewash in the shower. I never experienced any of the breakouts that some people report upon first using it. The sensation is a bit weird and tickly at first - I used to sneeze using it near my nose and found keeping my mouth a little open helped with the weird buzzing when using it on my forehead - but now I am entirely used to it and love the feeling. I even notice my skin disimprove if I go on holidays without it for a week. I know I sound pretty evangelical but it has made such a difference for me, no more period-chin-spots, nose blackheads vanished, etc. They are dear but not massively so when you consider what a few items of premium cosmetics or a facial to extract your blackheads can cost and so I would say it is worth the gamble. You coukd also try to pick up a second hand one, or sell it on yourself if it doesn't suit you but I say go for it, it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Nice one lads, thanks for replies! I can't see my skin "purging" much. It never really gets very spotty. Only blackheads that are there all the time anyway. And the odd period spots.

Probably will get one alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I would check out the No 7 one as well - I think its 35e - and I noticed you can get replacable heads for it now (well I think I saw them on the shelf beside it in Stephens green)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Got the Mia2 there a few days ago! There was an offer in BTs, got a free extra head with it! Love it so far. Makes my skin so smooth and so CLEAN! Makes me realise how bad I was at cleaning my face with cleansing cream...

And the blackheads on my nose are fading already :D No purging yet anyway...will see how it goes with a bit more usage!

Advertisement