Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cashing a cheque with two names written on it.

Options
  • 05-06-2014 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner have recieved a cheque with both our names on it. Would I be able to put it in my credit union account? My partner is names as next of kin or somethint to that effect on my account. Also should we both sign the back of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Yes both sign the back of it and you should be able to lodge to your credit union account. If the cheque is crossed it may have to be lodged to a joint account.
    PLL wrote: »
    Myself and my partner have recieved a cheque with both our names on it. Would I be able to put it in my credit union account? My partner is names as next of kin or somethint to that effect on my account. Also should we both sign the back of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Trish56 wrote: »
    Yes both sign the back of it and you should be able to lodge to your credit union account. If the cheque is crossed it may have to be lodged to a joint account.

It was lodged no problem, my partner was with me and we both signed in front of the clerk. Thanks for the help.

Advertisement