Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Summer/Autumn/Winter 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Skies look quite menacing to my south. Those showers seem to have brought their own 'plume' of warm air as it has just reached 22.0c here now!
    Not near the house so no idea of the temp but it was 20.2 at about 730 am with an overnight low of 19.6c :eek: have been a few short sharp bursts of rain here near Arklow
    Absolutely lashing now.

Not even mentioned in the morning radio forecast at 5 to 8. #welsh imports.
    I think these showers formed yesterday evening which shows how slow they travelled over.
    Not a breath of wind here.

Downpour ongoing.
    6mm and rising

8.1mm monsoonal

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

whitebriar wrote: »
    Not even mentioned in the morning radio forecast at 5 to 8. #welsh imports.

Dr Clara did say (in that forecast) heavy showers this morning over the south east. #selective hearing. :p

It was not mentioned in the forecast read out by the news reader after the 8 news.

Rain has not made to these parts (yet).

Wicklow is the east though :p
    No I did not hear that part,noisy background.
    When I posted last night about welsh imports,they were on the BBC graphics which I find deathly accurate at times.
    Easing now 8.4 mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Well the ground was dry in Bray when I opened up this morning at 8am. Looks like the cloud will clear off/burn off by noon for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

WRF showing some very intense rainfall from very heavy showers over the southwest today. Up to 90mm. More intense than SW England (which has a weather warning issued). And thats reflected by Estofex too, putting the level 1 area over western Ireland rather than SW England.

LX1Kvni.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Looking at the latest Met Eireann radar I cant see where this Thunder will come from, is it likely to bubble up in the Evening Maq

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Looking at the latest Met Eireann radar I cant see where this Thunder will come from, is it likely to bubble up in the Evening Maq

If the models are right, cells should start popping up around 2-3pm. Not something you'd see on the radar at the moment because it hasn't happened yet. Latest model still says it should happen, so we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Very heavy showers here in east Limerick, feels like there should be thunder with them, but nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Skies are dark around here atm. Felt a few drops of rain too while I was cycling. Seems to be bubbling up alright.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

First clap here a few minutes ago
    Edit . Second much louder but cell is still far away from me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Hey Video, wheres your location? any more rumbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Plenty of thunder outside Clonmel in Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Hey Video, wheres your location? any more rumbles?

Just across from shannon airport cell was just east of me , heavy rainfall mix in

Plenty of thunder outside Clonmel in Newcastle.

Torrential downpour now and still plenty of thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Shannon ATC advising of "a lot weather in the Shannon airport vicinity "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice cell starting to flare up around mitchelstown.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Hal1 wrote: »
    Nice cell starting to flare up around mitchelstown.

That's a real beauty!

None of those showers seem to be going anywhere quickly. If they keep going/growing I'd expect to here reports of flash floods later!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

A lot of lighting strikes coming from it

• Advertisement

What did I say, 2-3pm, like clockwork. ;)

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=lightning;sess=

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭ch20

A few claps of thunder with torrential rain last 15 mins in north Tipperary. Near limerick border.

Still rumbling away here outside Clonmel. Not much visible lightning unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

When outside in my home location outside the Tipperary side of Limerick City I am hearing faraway thunder almost continuously. There is a big cell on my northeast direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Sunny here in Limerick city, but I can hear constant rumbling. Also see some cells which are far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

sunny and warm in Cork City but huge bank of cloud visible to the North of the city

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Sunny here in Limerick city, but I can hear constant rumbling. Also see some cells which are far away.

Was wondering was that thunder... Very faint low rumbles to my East, looking at the lightning map there's a lot going on over there.

Some very intense rainfall rates from those thundershowers on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Some very intense rainfall rates from those thundershowers on the radar.

What's the chance of a storm in Galway this Evening Maq

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

In pretty sure I saw a funnel cloud west of cork city.

Advertisement