Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Summer/Autumn/Winter 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Very angry looking sky with rumbles of thunder south of Clara, Co. Offaly, I'm rushing to get the grass cut :(

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

Very lively around Ballinrobe area of Mayo again, lots of flashes and rumbles and heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Sum angry looking clouds around cork city at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

First rumble in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Round 2!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Red Nissan wrote: »

That's pretty, seen anything yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

What's the chances of some thunderstorms on the east coast including the Dublin area on Saturday afternoon/evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

That's pretty, seen anything yet?

No, my wife said she heard a rumble and the flights into the airport are reporting activity in the cell in my snap. I'm just about at the edge of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Looks like it's splitting up a bit now just starting to get light rain here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

meanwhile in dublin...

BtU2w-6CcAAvz1U.jpg:large

• Advertisement

jimmynokia wrote: »
    meanwhile in dublin...

BtU2w-6CcAAvz1U.jpg:large

Although I like storms I would much prefer that , it's been weeks since we've had a sky that clear in the sw

Red Nissan wrote: »
    No, my wife said she heard a rumble and the flights into the airport are reporting activity in the cell in my snap. I'm just about at the edge of it.

In the city centre at the moment pitch black looking west. Clear blue skies looking east. On the upside we have sum glorious wind. After cooling down the place.

Please let cork city get sum action

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lesmanic

Couple of lightning strikes seen from birr, Offaly . Lots of distant thunder .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

chris2007 wrote: »
    What's the chances of some thunderstorms on the east coast including the Dublin area on Saturday afternoon/evening?

Some showers but unlikely to be thundery. Only a very slight chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

chris2007 wrote: »

Pretty low as the CAPE and lift index isn't going far as dublin thats not to say its not impossible just unlikely coupled with the picture of just cirrus clouds I don't think so. I go to weatheronline and look at the expert charts there

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

If only if I could drive, have a perma license, had lots of money and have a car with livestreaming equipment I would totally chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

No thunder, no lightning, just light rain now :( Wonder will we see more action? :confused:

Sat picture says it all.

315783.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Some pics from Cork. ...

I hear thunder on the northside of cork city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lesmanic wrote: »
    Couple of lightning strikes seen from birr, Offaly . Lots of distant thunder .

Please track up to Athlone. We're desperate for a good thunderstorm up here to clear the air out!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Just North West of Cork City. Had several flashes of lighting over the last 20mins or so. Seem to have cleared now.

Looking south towards the airport there looks like more is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

I hear thunder on the northside of cork city

Clouds seems to be out West and N West , i am on the Southside looking North seems clear enough to the East , I haven't seen anything yet .

Stargate wrote: »
    Clouds seems to be out West and N West , i am on the Southside looking North seems clear enough to the East , I haven't seen anything yet .

Saw no lightning, definitely heard thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sunflower3

Met eireann have issued an orange warning for thunder at 18:00 this evening

sunflower3 wrote: »
    Met eireann have issued an orange warning for thunder at 18:00 this evening

Was there an earlier warning? If not it's a bit late.

Met eireann issuing a orange warning at 6 o clock in the day.... Basically a couple of hours before the storms die out sometimes it makes me think what do they be doing in that office of theirs , a lot of us spotted the potential for this a few days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Was there an earlier warning? If not it's a bit late.

Very late on this as usual at 4_30 Galway Bay FM was jammed with reports of flooding, lightning strikes and hail the station itself was hit by lightning , all of this on the East of the City and County when you went West over the Corrib it was dry, some very big lightning and loud thunder

Thanks to Maq and MT who got this spot on, way ahead of ME in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Blue skies here but can see some cb towers going up to my west here in Naas

CF945BC8C25649E9B2B28427B6707E7C-0000334566-0003614819-00800L-E2E6514CB1F44E44B79A488E264B0082.jpg

Advertisement