Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Summer/Autumn/Winter 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Something of a convergence forming along a line from Waterford to Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Some serious cloud build up approx 15 km east of Limerick City. Limerick leader reported some flash flooding around the village of Doon in the east of the county yesterday at around 4.30pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

None of the 'official' stations recorded more than 4mm yesterday :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

None of the 'official' stations recorded more than 4mm yesterday :D

You might have to wait a day or to see it, but I think Athenry recorded something like 28mm between 4 and 5pm yesterday (IIRC).

A few showers getting going now in west Cork/south Kerry.

The radar is starting to show something brewing, in the western half of the island again of course, not fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

This is the first day in weeks we've had proper sunshine, although it's hazy so i could do without any clouds moving in, quite sick of thunderstorms for now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Video wrote: »
    This is the first day in weeks we've had proper sunshine, although it's hazy so i could do without any clouds moving in, quite sick of thunderstorms for now

That sort of talk won't be well received by the weather -junkies hanging out here in the hope of a good fix of thunder & lightning... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

CB clouds building to the southeast of Galway city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/ - some strikes in the Dublin area i dag/today and the north midlands too and there isn't a cloud in the sky :rolleyes:
    did I miss something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭scream

First few rumbles of thunder here in Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 knewbie

Constant low rumble west of Shannon intensifying. Low white clouds have just come over the tree line and appear to be expanding in all directions. Wind picking up now also

Ok a few frequent loud claps and heavy rain here but I haven't seen any lightning yet

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

whats the chances for thunderstorms durning the night on the east coast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

chris2007 wrote: »
    whats the chances for thunderstorms durning the night on the east coast?
    probably not during the night but there is a possibility for tomorrow.
    The 1255 forecast on the radio said the front might reinvigorate when it arrives on the east coast where temperatures will still be high ahead of the front. I would do anything for a decent cloudburst - so envious of those further west!

Heavy rain now how did this even develop?

Tomorrow looked promising, but Met Eireann as usual has downplayed it. Was supposed to be thunder and spot flooding to just a few outbreaks of showery rain.

I really should take screen shots of their forecasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Lashing rain in Galway sadly no sparks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Tomorrow looked promising, but Met Eireann as usual has downplayed it. Was supposed to be thunder and spot flooding to just a few outbreaks of showery rain.

I really should take screen shots of their forecasts.

Sure at the 6 news they said the South West and the West were in for severe weather tonight, where the he'll is it its just heavy rain

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

A friend took the attached pic over Lough Corrib last Thursday evening during the thunderstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

R0C wrote: »
    A friend took the attached pic over Lough Corrib last Thursday evening during the thunderstorm.

Any idea which area of the corrib thats from?

• Advertisement

elvis99 wrote: »

It was taken from the Joyce Country area just outside Clonbur.

I don't know any more specific details but will find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

elvis99 wrote: »

The long island in the background looks like Inchagoill, so the funnel appears to be just north of it.

Zzippy wrote: »
    The long island in the background looks like Inchagoill, so the funnel appears to be just north of it.

Yeah, that is probably Inchagoill. Pic was taken from the R345 looking out toward Inchagoill and yes, the funnel would be on the north side of it.

Awaiting further details. Will share them when I hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Seeing potential for some storms next Monday as a trough makes its way east across the country. Still WAY out in terms of convective forecasting , I was only looking to see what the weather may be like for the Dublin half marathon that morning , i may not be able to walk afterwards but id still be up for a chase!! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

A chance of some showers turning thundery along eastern/southeastern coastal counties tomorrow afternoon.

PDZnbyB.png

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

2014080106_201407310030_2_stormforecast.xml.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 by the curragh

A chance of some showers turning thundery along eastern/southeastern coastal counties tomorrow afternoon.

That chance has become a rather noisy reality over Meath atm, and heading for North Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Sky turning quite black now over Swords. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

Thunder...... Yeahhhhhhhh.

Advertisement