Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Summer/Autumn/Winter 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Lovely few rumbles heard in East Limerick City over the past few minutes. No strikes showing up on http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en though.

Might start setting up a lightning detector here.

Power gone here don't know if it's to do with lightning. Was only a few loud rumbles here. Might have struck something somewhere else.

Lucky my phone is charged!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Large Cb coming this way...for once!...over the Dublin Mountains.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Distant thunder now.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Power gone here don't know if it's to do with lightning. Was only a few loud rumbles here. Might have struck something somewhere else.

Lucky my phone is charged!

Were are you ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Best display of lightning I've seen around my neck of the woods in years( South Laois)..Was still a few miles from me but thunder was deafening for a good 40 minutes or so..I want more:)

30caqvp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Nice rumble in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

The cell at 15:45 on the ME radar over South Kildare was mighty impressive, heaviest precip over the whole country by the looks of it.

But just my luck, it literally passed a few hundred metres to a km or that down the road, just got the outskirts of the precip. Plenty of thunder but none directly overhead, but only a handful of seconds between claps so it was very very close.

Just can't catch a break with storms this summer. Watching them pass to my East, West, South and North for the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Storm South of Naas
    F8158FBB61DE4D6F986FC3DE4DFADAA5-0000334566-0003625564-00800L-B1D1A3A2205A483BBBC608FB345464B2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Dublin looking good :D:D

Bum56QxCMAASZ8B.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Lots of Thunder audible in Bray and caught a 10 minute downpour about 20 minutes ago that opened with about a minute of 15mm diametre clear Ice Hail (as opposed to the small 3mm white jobbies). Some racket on the roof from that I can tell you. I'm afraid to go and have a look at my car bonnet because of what I might find!

Hopefully i get something

Bum6olrIQAEfEBh.jpg:large

Thunder dublin 22

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

dexter647 wrote: »
    Best display of lightning I've seen around my neck of the woods in years( South Laois)..Was still a few miles from me but thunder was deafening for a good 40 minutes or so..I want more:)

Could hear the thunder coming from that here in Portlaoise, nearly a constant, distant rumbling (with a couple of slightly louder bangs) since just before 4 o'clock up until 10 or 15 minutes ago. You could actually tell from the sound the way it was travelling, started off to the south of here, then moved southeast and then off towards the east as the rumblings died off. Didn't see any of the lightning you did, though, dexter, too many houses and trees around here to get a clear view into the distance to spot any. The disadvantage of living in a built-up urban area as opposed to out in the countryside, I guess! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Thunder in Dublin 22 confirmed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

John.Icy wrote: »
    Just can't catch a break with storms this summer. Watching them pass to my East, West, South and North for the last few weeks.

Seems to be the same with Cork..

Just nothing happening here at all..

Lots of cloud gathering, but nothing from it.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

More claps from Naas, from Newbridge direction

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

MrFrisp wrote: »

beautiful sunshine here is west Clare too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

MrFrisp wrote: »

Yup, it bypassed us to the north :-(:-(:-( cork city shield working well

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Yup, it bypassed us to the north :-(:-(:-( cork city shield working well

Yeah, I could see very heavy dark cloud earlier this morning heading North, and I thought it might build and swing this way.

2 chances of that happening.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Ok, well, there hasn't been anything more since my previous post, but the wind has suddenly picked up a bit.

I have a few friends in Dublin now and they are just teasing the hell out of me on fb about it...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

any thunderstorms for north dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Just had a couple of claps of thunder here N/W Kildare, and one flash of lightning, the skies looking very threatening.

IMAG0341.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

serious thunder and lightening here in Johnstown, Kilkenny at the mo...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 avnol

Winds picking up and raining in dublin 9. No thunder or lightning yet

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Pea sized hail for 10 mins at Brittas Co Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

managed to snap this...

m8L5cIh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 44 avnol

Just heard a rap of thunder in dublin 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

NoelDoran wrote: »
    serious thunder and lightening here in Johnstown, Kilkenny at the mo...

I can hear it here in north east Kilkenny.

Advertisement