Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion: Summer/Autumn/Winter 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

there's a lot of lightening out in the atlantic right now. pity we're not gonna see any down here in cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭dmc17

Nice bit of thunder & lightning around 4am in Clare too

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Still a few rumbles in castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

Thunder in Ballinrobe since around 7.40 a.m.
    Haven't heard any rumbles in a few minutes but the ominous sky doesn't look like it's passed.
    Saw several flashes of sheet lightning and one fork around 8 a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Looks like i was wrong ... Still can't see anything organising so just pulse type cells troughout . Dublin shield will hold firm as per usual though lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

sf_na_1d.gif?

Wow , really wasn't expecting that... quite a lot of strikes will this hold up throughout the day?

Just coastal action really , lapse rates over land won't be that great to keep things going inland .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Massive bang of thunder here in Achill now, from out of nowhere. Power is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Seriously is there lightening on the way to cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    Seriously is there lightening on the way to cork?

There have been a few strikes off the Cork coast in the last hour, but Mayo seems to be the hotbed at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Just watching thunderstorm pass south of kinsale at the mo. Saw three strikes in the distance. Too far away to hear thunder yet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clav

A rumble and a flash just now in Shankill, Dublin..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Ya sky lit up at stillorgan too

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Brasso

Flash over Killiney just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I just saw two flashes to the east far out at sea - no thunder.

Knew i feckin saw flashes out walking the dog , even the dog noticed the first one!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Knew i feckin saw flashes out walking the dog , even the dog noticed the first one!

Were you out looking for crows...to eat? :D

Saw a distant streak of lightning here, to my east, across the sky travelling south to north. No thunder.

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Were you out looking for crows...to eat? :D

Saw a distant streak of lightning here, to my east, across the sky travelling south to north. No thunder.

Dunno about eating crows but yeah... flashes at the corner of my eye and no thunder... too far away and must be elevated. But better than nothin , i suppose ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Noticed a flash out to the east over the sea, didn't hear thunder but I did hear a distant rumble a bit before. You can see where it was at the time by the path this plane took to avoid it

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Quite a number of strikes on the Wexford coast now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Big showers and Thunder here on the Kerry coast today, quieter evening.

Took this shot of a Cb at 18.10 on the way home.....

35irg2x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Flash here in Bray just now, saw another one about 20 minutes ago. Must be out to sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭vickers209

Seen 3 flashes out to sea off wicklow coast in last 5 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Thunder then 2 lashes together in greystones just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Just saw a flash in Terenure, looked to be coming from the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Just seen a flash here from Naas to the east

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

nothing to do with ireland but a friend of mine is in aberdeen and its snowing 6inches already she says!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Think your friend is pulling your leg! No snow...

Came down to the harbour to have a look, flashes going off quite regularly both south and east of bray, must be quite far away though

• Advertisement

Trogdor wrote: »
    Came down to the harbour to have a look, flashes going off quite regularly both south and east of bray, must be quite far away though

Actually the storm to the east isn't too far out, some of the forks are visible from the harbour

Advertisement