Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone RUINING MY LIFE!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ok my advice is to ring Apple Directly

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1559?locale=en_GB&viewlocale=en_GB

Ring them and say that you are covered under your consumer warranty however meteor want to send it back to an unauthorised Apple repair agent for fixing.

Having had experience with Apple, they can take over then, Apple sometimes will go beyond what is expected of them, and other times perhaps not.
    However It is worth a try.

My own issue I had with the phone after 14 months, I said this story with three wanting to send to fonemenders, and they agreed saying it was not an ideal solution for me so they offered to do this through themselves and take over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.htmlConsumer contracts are protected by the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act, 1980.

Under this Act the purchaser of goods has a number of rights - the main ones are:

Goods must be of merchantable quality – goods should be of reasonable quality taking into account what they are meant to do, their durability and their price
    Goods must be fit for their purpose – they must do what they are reasonably expected to do

Quote this at Apple / Meteor, you're protected, you just may need to stand your ground on it. Solicitors letter would be the right way forward rather than SCC IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

My iPhone 4 is approaching said many of years, ie Four years with more falls and abuse that you can shake a fist at, it never got wet though, even a tiny bit damp, I was anal about that.

Just mentioning as a comparison. I also know my iPhone 3 is still going strong too, that's six years in service ~ and I hammered that phone.

Advertisement