Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog fun / enclosed area - Munster?

• 05-06-2014 2:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭

Howdy peeps... I've just posted in the limerick forum, trying to suss out an enclosed area where we, and like minded dog owners could meet to let our dogs loose, but confined, in an enclosed area.

Not wanting to double up posts - and bending that rule ever so slightly... Does anything similar currently go on in the Munster area?

We're in Limerick but would happily travel to give the boys a break 'off lead' if something existed in Clare, Galway or similar distance.

Here's hoping. Fingers and paws crossed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Maybe check out daycares - some of them do social hours at the weekend ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

There is a place in Shannon in Clare called EduPet, they do training there and have a pet shop, but you can also hire out their hall for some off lead fun time! I think it's €10 for 30 minutes or something along those lines but if you got a group of doggy people together to split the cost it could be worth while. Could be very handy for a rainy day as it's indoors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

There is a place in Shannon in Clare called EduPet, they do training there and have a pet shop, but you can also hire out their hall for some off lead fun time! I think it's €10 for 30 minutes or something along those lines but if you got a group of doggy people together to split the cost it could be worth while. Could be very handy for a rainy day as it's indoors!

Thanks a MILLION!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

No problem :) They also said I could hire it out for my kitties but I think that maaaay have been a bit too much for the poor cats! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

No problem :) They also said I could hire it out for my kitties but I think that maaaay have been a bit too much for the poor cats! :P
    Step 1) Hire hall
    Step 2) Fill ground with cat nip
    Step 3) Get local cat shelter to let cats in
    Step 4) Record it and put it on the Internetwebz
    Step 5) Live as a millionaire on the add revenue

Anyone doing this I demand a 15% cut :p

• Advertisement

Did they not close down a while back? Maybe I'm getting mixed up :confused:

tk123 wrote: »
    Did they not close down a while back? Maybe I'm getting mixed up :confused:

Facebook page seems a bit quiet the last few months... I'm calling them on the morrow.

Hooked wrote: »
    Facebook page seems a bit quiet the last few months... I'm calling them on the morrow.

I'm sure I saw something on FB a while back and they were selling off stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I know they were trying to sell the business there a while ago - not sure what happened after that.

mel.b wrote: »
    I know they were trying to sell the business there a while ago - not sure what happened after that.

Ah shoite... Not sounding too promising.

• Advertisement

Ah shoite... Not sounding too promising.

Sounds like there's a market for you to open a daycare - "Hugo and Jack's Fun House" :pac:

mel.b wrote: »

No answer from either mobile (calls not connecting). Looking likely.

But rather than jump the gun... Does anyone on here know if EduPet in Shannon is still operating?

No answer from either mobile (calls not connecting). Looking likely.

But rather than jump the gun... Does anyone on here know if EduPet in Shannon is still operating?

Bev Truss would know for definite! ;)http://petproblems.weebly.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

It might be too far for you, but Creedon's Doggie Daycare in Cork are starting an indoor dog park - their first session is June 21st:

http://www.creedonsdoggiedaycare.com/index-6.html

I'll be there with my two. :)

It might be too far for you, but Creedon's Doggie Daycare in Cork are starting an indoor dog park - their first session is June 21st:

Not too far... We'd deffo make the trip BUT 'dogs older than 6 months having to be neutered'? Jack is 6 months today, and he'll need those 2 particular items for the show ring, should we show him. And IF we neuter him (like his brother) it won't be for another year at least.

That rules us out. Pity - as he has fantastic temperament and loves to play with his big brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This facebook page was opened by a member in the thread on the limerick forum, if you guys want to share this or join and support the cause for a Dog park in Limerick

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dogparklimerick/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

You've actually just made my day with this!! Can't wait to take my two monkeys along!

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

There's a small dog club in Tipp (stay 2 play) who do obedience, trick training and ringcraft and have off-lead time after each class. They hold meetings in an equine arena (sand floors). It's not huge and each group only has between 6-10 dogs, but mine love it :)

Advertisement