Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSAI closes Bray Take-Away

• 05-06-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

THE FOOD SAFETY Authority of Ireland (FSAI) has said that three closure orders and two prohibition orders were served on food businesses last month for breaches of food safety legislation.
    Businesses served with closure notices include Edward Harrigans public house in Kildare, the Dragon Boat Chinese and Thai Restaurant in Tipperary and Mizzonis take away in Bray.

Glad I didn't eat from there..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Not really surprised by Mizzoni's I ate there a few years ago and I found them to be very rude and their food was horrible. My mother tried ordering off them not too long ago until her favourite thing was taken off the menu so it's blind luck she never ate from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

There always seems to be burly characters hanging around inside or out whenever I drove/walked past. I always got a vibe that it was like the Soprano's. ie. Money laundering Front Business for organised crime :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Calibos wrote: »
    There always seems to be burly characters hanging around inside or out whenever I drove/walked past. I always got a vibe that it was like the Soprano's. ie. Money laundering Front Business for organised crime :D:D

I was only going back watching old episodes of The Sopranos so that comment really made me laugh, good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I walked passed there today and it looked open, have to agree about the staff, there like the Bray mafia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think it closrd for one day and then reopened.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Tippex

I think it closrd for one day and then reopened.

Yep closed on 7th May Reopened on the 8th
    http://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Monitoring_and_Enforcement/Enforcement/Enforcement-Orders-Closure.pdf

Most people I have spoke to about mizzoni's have never eaten from there or have and no longer do so I'm amazed how its still open but I suppose the town does have a population of about 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I think it does more business in the early hours. Wouldn't eat there if you paid me. Not even the food it's the heavies standing outside all the time would put anyone off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Are they actually Italians? I see them when I'm in the Greek restaurant opposite some times. Some interesting haircuts. At least one with a mullet if not two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Preusse wrote: »
    Are they actually Italians? I see them when I'm in the Greek restaurant opposite some times. Some interesting haircuts. At least one with a mullet if not two.

Oh yes, so that makes them Mafia etc etc. I think you should desist from these disgraceful comments in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The pizzas there are okay, as are the garlic and cheese chips.

I've always found them nice enough to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Cerco wrote: »
    Oh yes, so that makes them Mafia etc etc. I think you should desist from these disgraceful comments in this thread.

I never said they are Mafia or anything like that. Read the posts again, other posters mentioned the mafia. I am asking if they are Italians because were I come from most pizzarias are owned by Italians but some/few are owned by non-Italians and you can actually taste the difference, i.e., the pasta and pizzas in the restaurants owned and run by non-Italians are actually quite bad when compared to the real thing.

You shouldn't make assumptions and read the posts more carefully.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

I seen a scan of a letter on Facebook from the proprietor explaining the issue, it was down to a faulty fridge and he assured no customers where served produce from it and it was destroyed.

It only took a FSAI inspector to notice this! how long had it being broken?

Advertisement