Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by VISA - If I do not sign up am I still covered?

Options
  • 05-06-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭

I find VISA's fuction for confirming online transactions 'Verified by VISA' a nuisance.

Got a new card recently and it often tries to get me to sign up for the Verified by VISA facility before completing an online transaction. I have declined it every time so far.

Then I started to wonder. If I do not sign up for Verified by VISA, am I still covered if my card details are stolen and used by unauthorised persons online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Yes. Verified by visa solely protects merchants, it shifts the liability from them to the credit card company in the event of fraud. If you can get away without signing up don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Eventually you'll run out of chances to skip the process, and you'll have to sign up.

However as the poster above says, makes no difference to you as cardholder.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

The problem with VbV is that if you don't remember your password you have an option to change it and the questions needed to change are too simple. date of birth, your credit limit and something else I can't remember.
    It should be a much more complicated process using email verification at least.

Advertisement