Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messed up Irish

Options
  • 05-06-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

So both papers in my opinion were tough.
    Not to mention the terrible fuzziness in our CD for our listening. Couldn't understand a word Aodh said :(
    But Paper 2 was a complete screw up. I spent so long on all of the questions that I completely forgot about the Litir.
    That's a whole 30 marks down the drain :( Someone care to do the math and tell me what I possibly could get? I'm hoping for a B. I reckon I got about 70% in paper 1, 70% in listening and between 60% and 70% in paper 2. What are my chances of getting a B?
    And please try cheer me up and tell me all of the things you messed up on and questions you forgot. It would be nice to know none of us are alone in this :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jc2014

Don't worry; I made a complete and utter mess of Paper 2 as well. That unseen pros and poetry is going to haunt me forever... I don't think I even managed to answer any of the questions, let alone correctly :/
    As for your chances of getting a B, I worked it out based on what you said and it is possible. Don't lose hope yet, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Honestly put it behind you! I was so upset with myself after paper 1 I wrote my prepared accident eachtra but couldn't think of anyway to include a funny school incident so I just said I was going to a comedy show in school then everyone visited me in hospital and it was a laugh, looking back it was so ridiculous and I could've done something more on topic but what can I do now eh? Anyway I went for a walk with my friends after and going into p2 I had practically forgetten about it! Do something nice for an hour or two this evening whether that be watch tv or have a bath I don't know hahaha and you did better than you thought! That paper definitely wasn't my ideal one but I still think I got a B and you probably did too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭VG31

Fwiz wrote: »
    Not to mention the terrible fuzziness in our CD for our listening. Couldn't understand a word Aodh said :(
    But Paper 2 was a complete screw up. I spent so long on all of the questions that I completely forgot about the Litir.
    That's a whole 30 marks down the drain :( Someone care to do the math and tell me what I possibly could get? I'm hoping for a B. I reckon I got about 70% in paper 1, 70% in listening and between 60% and 70% in paper 2. What are my chances of getting a B?
    And please try cheer me up and tell me all of the things you messed up on and questions you forgot. It would be nice to know none of us are alone in this :(

Did you not inform the superintendent about this? :eek:

I messed up he unseen pros and poetry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

VG31 wrote: »
    Did you not inform the superintendent about this? :eek:

I messed up he unseen pros and poetry.

It was her third time trying to fix it and we had already lost 5 minutes of exam time. It was quite embarrassing for her. You think she would have noticed the look on all of our faces. Shock, disappointment and confusion -.- I missed out on maybe 3 questions because of this though, the only questions I missed out on too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It was her third time trying to fix it and we had already lost 5 minutes of exam time. It was quite embarrassing for her. You think she would have noticed the look on all of our faces. Shock, disappointment and confusion -.- I missed out on maybe 3 questions because of this though, the only questions I missed out on too.

She will have written that in her daily report (or should have) and examiners will know there was a problem with the sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Fwiz

spurious wrote: »
    She will have written that in her daily report (or should have) and examiners will know there was a problem with the sound.

Reassuring, but I don't think she really noticed just how hard it was to hear certain parts. She may not have it written down, but my optimism outweighs my pessimism :) I know I got all the other listening questions right, so really it's only 3 questions :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Reassuring, but I don't think she really noticed just how hard it was to hear certain parts. She may not have it written down, but my optimism outweighs my pessimism :) I know I got all the other listening questions right, so really it's only 3 questions :)

Ask her tomorrow to report it, or get your Principal/Irish teacher to insist she does so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 beccatw

I did the same, our supervisor said we had 15 minutes left before I even looked at the letter question, so I just picked the first letter which was a bad choice because I had no idea what to write and I only got one of the points down so I lost a tonne of marks there, in paper one I'm pretty my eachtra wasn't an eachtra, I just wrote about a girl who showed up to school when there was no school so I don't think it's an eachtra, I'm really annoyed by it cuz I'm usually good enough at Irish but now I just hope I pass with that mess I made, so your not alone :') :/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭phog

Put out behind you and concentrate on the exams ahead of you and best of luck with all your exams.

Advertisement