Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation Ideas?

Options
  • 05-06-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Planning on moving in with 5 other people next year, we don't mind sharing, but just wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to where might be a good spot, and as to when we should start looking? By the way 2 of us are in UCD, 2 of us are in Trinity and 2 in DIT, which kind of complicates matters! thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omicron

If there are 6 people, prepare to share rooms or pay enormous money for a place.

Realistically for trinity and DIT, you'd need to look on the ranelagh/milltown/rathmines side of UCD, prob near the luas line.

And as to when to start looking, I'd say about now! Prepare to have to pay rent for an empty place all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Start looking now, the rental market in Dublin is gone a bit crazy.

I really feel sorry for incoming first years who don't get campus.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jack258

Paying rent for 3 months for absolutely no reason would be soul destroying

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭omicron

jack258 wrote: »

9 month leases are non existant in south Dublin, and subletting is more or less impossible, so you'll more than likely end up with a house empty this summer or next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

jack258 wrote: »

You could always just live in the place through the summer. I did that from 3rd year onwards, was much better than moving back in with the parents.

• Advertisement
Advertisement