Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Cycling Championships 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Anybody doing a twitter feed (like the RAS) for the senior on Sunday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Anyone have any suggestions on how best to go about getting a quick photo with Dan Martin on Thursday evening in Rochfordbridge? Wonder would there be an opportunity before the TT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions on how best to go about getting a quick photo with Dan Martin on Thursday evening in Rochfordbridge? Wonder would there be an opportunity before the TT?

More likely after than before, don't interrupt someone's warm-up routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭scooters

Anybody got a map of the road race route.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Mos Eisley wrote: »

It would be very poor form to approach some one before a race especially the TT when they are mentally focusing and preparing.
    Best bet would be to hang around the finish but tbh I don't think it's the time or place to be looking for photos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

RobFowl wrote: »
    It would be very poor form to approach some one before a race especially the TT when they are mentally focusing and preparing.
    Best bet would be to hang around the finish but tbh I don't think it's the time or place to be looking for photos.

I'll pose for a photo after I'm finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭rosscollins 1988

Anybody doing a twitter feed (like the RAS) for the senior on Sunday ?

UCD should have a live feed going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

I've a poor flash on the phone and its likely to be dark by the time you finish :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

If only someone were interested :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Can I get one of these?

20rlhjl.jpg

I've a poor flash on the phone and its likely to be dark by the time you finish :-)

I'll be sure to give you the finger as I whiz past you...
    MPFG wrote: »
    If only someone were interested :P

...and it'll be aimed straight in your direction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

I'll be sure to give you the finger as I whiz past you...

...and it'll be aimed straight in your direction!

Now now...that's not the way to build your fan base :)

Seriously I hope you have a cracking ride and fair play for giving it a go

MPFG wrote: »
    Now now...that's not the way to build your fan base :)

Seriously I hope you have a cracking ride and fair play for giving it a go

I used to be all about the fans until post number 59!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I used to be all about the fans until post number 59!

This is for a book isn't it?

"From Couch to Racing fitness, the Lusk_Doyle way".

Chapter 1. Cover TDF distance in 1 month.
    Chapter 2. Enter national time trial championships.
    Chapter 3. ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Sorry if this has been covered but can't be reading all this thread on my phone it's bad for the eyes ;)
    What time is everything kicking off on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Date Location Race Stage Stage All Race Types KM Miles Category Sign On Start Time: :
    26/06/2014 Rochfortbridge 1 TT A,A1,A2,A3,A4 37 23 Time Trial 17.00 18.00
    26/06/2014 Rochfortbridge 2 C1-C5 A,A1,A2,A3,A4,Wn,Vt,Mst 37 23 Time Trial 17.00 18.00
    26/06/2014 Rochfortbridge 1.5 Women TT A,A1,A2,A3,A4,Wn,Vt,Mst 37 23 Time Trial 17.00 18.00
    26/06/2014 Rochfortbridge 3 H1-H5 A,A1,A2,A3,A4,Wn,Vt,Mst 37 23 Time Trial 17.00 18.00
    26/06/2014 Rochfortbridge 4 Tandem TT A,A1,A2,A3,A4,Jr,Wn,Vt,Mst 37 23 Time Trial 17.00 18.00
    28/06/2014 Multyfarnham 5 Women A,A1,A2,A3,A4,Wn,Vt,Mst 114 71 Road 9.00 14.00
    28/06/2014 Multyfarnham 5.5 Vets A,A1,A2,A3,Vt,Mst 114 71 Road 9.00 11.00
    29/06/2014 Multyfarnham 6 Elite & U23 RR A,A1,A2 190 118 Road 9.00 11.00

From CI site
    http://www.cyclingireland.ie/page/events/competitive-events-calendar1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

stecleary wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been covered but can't be reading all this thread on my phone it's bad for the eyes ;)
    What time is everything kicking off on Sunday?

http://www.lakesidewheelers.ie/national-championships-2014/national-championships-2014-events

11am start on sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Junior

godtabh wrote: »
    Can I get one of these?

Funny, three lads from Blarney stopped him on Sunday and asked for a Selfie, he did see the funny side of it ..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Any results.coming through? Miserable night for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

godtabh wrote: »
    Any results.coming through? Miserable night for it

http://www.irishcyclingphotos.com/?p=37643

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Himself started anyway.

BrE7H16IEAA29D2.jpg:large

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Is he there yet?

Did Ryan Mullen win?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Jaysus..46 seconds..absolute animal

I presume Mullen is only U23 Champion ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Junior wrote: »
    I presume Mullen is only U23 Champion ?

He doesn't get the main title and U23 goes to next in line in that cat?

Yeah I'm kinda confused, I thought he could only be entered in one category not both ..

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,282 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Junior wrote: »
    Yeah I'm kinda confused, I thought he could only be entered in one category not both ..
    Following what happened to the vets in the track championships last year that must be right. Not seen any official results - Stickybottle were saying earlier in the week he was going for both, but if his licence is for U23 then he surely only gets that title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Stickybottle page now says "The 19-year-old takes the U23 national title but the elite title goes to second fastest on the night Michael Hutchinson (InGear)"

• Advertisement

What happened Dan Martin?

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Stickybottle page now says "The 19-year-old takes the U23 national title but the elite title goes to second fastest on the night Michael Hutchinson (InGear)"
    They tend to rely on us to put them right on occasions:pac:

Ok SB page updated, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet that's some ride from Sean Hahessy.....

What happened Dan Martin?
    Not on the official results so assume he DNS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

Beasty wrote: »
    Following what happened to the vets in the track championships last year that must be right. Not seen any official results - Stickybottle were saying earlier in the week he was going for both, but if his licence is for U23 then he surely only gets that title
    Its an odd one and must be specific to TT as im 99% sure you can collect both medals in R/R Champs??

wav1 wrote: »
    Its an odd one and must be specific to TT as im 99% sure you can collect both medals in R/R Champs??
    Not after last year's ruling at the track championships. You can only enter one category, and that's as specified on your licence. The ruling was made very clear last year, and caused a lot of consternation as certain riders were prohibited from riding the nationals at the last minute (well the Wednesday before the weekend races anyway)

EDIT - I would add that if they do allow anything like this in the RR championships I would not be surprised if legal action is taken as very nearly happened last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

How many under 23s took part? .
    Were there sufficient to qualify for a full set of medals?

Eamonnator wrote: »
    How many under 23s took part? .
    Were there sufficient to qualify for a full set of medals?
    There were 8 on the provisionsl start list published earlier this week

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

Never mind how the kids did, what about Lusk Doyle?

• Advertisement

ian_rush wrote: »

56.44. Last from what I could see. 37.3kph average speed. 58kph max. Windy and rainy and a poor Lusk_Doyle had to hightail it to Mullingar to get some emergency surgery done to his bike to satisfy the mean CI man!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

ian_rush wrote: »

Still out there I think, on course to finish midday tomorrow if the conditions hold up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

What did the nasty man not like about your bike?

Lusk_Doyle had to hightail it to Mullingar to get some emergency surgery done to satisfy the mean CI man!
    You hadn't signed up for the women's race had you?:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭J Madone

Great event, there were marshalls on every junction (loads).Weather made it tricky. New tech specs from Uci made for a few changes to the bike incl having to move my brake levers to horizontal!
    The advertised 37km turned into a shorter 35.5km.
    Didnt get a chance to chat with Lusk D but did say hi to him coming into the finish. 52.44 for my efforts.
    Delighted for Colm Cassidy on his Silver medal, 4 seconds off Hutchinson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

56.44. Last from what I could see. 37.3kph average speed. 58kph max. Windy and rainy and a poos Lusk_Doyle had to hightail it to Mullingar to get some emergency surgery done to his bike to satisfy the mean CI man!

What did they not like about the bike? and can we retrospectively disqualify him from the Swords TT as he was clearly non compliant! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭ian_rush

56.44. Last from what I could see. 37.3kph average speed. 58kph max. Windy and rainy and a poos Lusk_Doyle had to hightail it to Mullingar to get some emergency surgery done to his bike to satisfy the mean CI man!

Sabotaged by the man.

Inquitus wrote: »
    What did they not like about the bike? and can we retrospectively disqualify him from the Swords TT as he was clearly non compliant! ;)
    No he 's not DSQ'd as I reckon I'm just about the only one with a compliant bike, but I didn't have it with me that night - may be a bit stricter next time, depending on who the timer/chief marshal/starter/bike scrutineer is;). However the fact he's taken part in the National Championships does automatically mean a 10 minute handicap is applied.....

Handlebars were too long. I'll provide greater detail shortly.

J Madone wrote: »
    Great event, there were marshalls on every junction (loads).Weather made it tricky. New tech specs from Uci made for a few changes to the bike incl having to move my brake levers to horizontal!
    The advertised 37km turned into a shorter 35.5km.
    Didnt get a chance to chat with Lusk D but did say hi to him coming into the finish. 52.44 for my efforts.
    Delighted for Colm Cassidy on his Silver medal, 4 seconds off Hutchinson

Did we? I don't even remember that!

Well done btw. I know that I plan on being back again next year but in my better shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

^^^ so your not selling the bike so?

• Advertisement
Advertisement