Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Mad Ultra

Options
  • 05-06-2014 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Anyone else signed up for this?

Choice of Ultra, Marathon or HM on both days and a 10k on day two. Pick and choose your own race.

I'm doing the HM both days. Did the same last year as a start to DCM training and absolutely loved it. Flat as a pancake on day one and hilly on day two.

Fantastic routes and the weather was just glorious last year. A nice change from your normal road races, small numbers and a friendly bunch plus the river to cool off in at the finish. Bliss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Yeah, I might be free for this race. I'm thinking the Ultra both days could be a nice challenge. Or, maybe the 2xMarathon...we'll see. I must be mad.

It looks like a nice race with a good camaraderie about it. Day one looks fairly easy, but day two looks really hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

See this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89668917

Did 2*42k last year, was thinking about joining the big boys this year and do ultra..
    But lack of time has restricted LSRs and there is only 5/6 weeks to go.
    If i can do a back-to-back 30kms over a week-end in the next few weeks, then i'll be in..

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭mithril

I am doing it as a training exercise for CCC. Using the same kit, even though I think it will be a bit over-kill for this race, and trying to get used to carrying a fairly heavy pack for a very long time.

Advertisement