Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q for the butchers Re Venison

Options
  • 05-06-2014 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm getting my hands on some deer soon, all legal. and this might be happening a few times. Just wondering if there are butchers out there to hire for this job. Would I be able to take it into a butcher to do his handy work?
    I

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Clubman

Clubman wrote: »
    I'm getting my hands on some deer soon, all legal. and this might be happening a few times. Just wondering if there are butchers out there to hire for this job. Would I be able to take it into a butcher to do his handy work?
    I

sorry. Not sure I made myself clear. hire to cut up the Venison. There will only certain parts I'll want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Not many butchers will take it in because it's not a certified animal as in it's not from a farm. I asked a friend of mine same question cuz he shoots and he said he's not allowed bring them in work.
    Question though. How are you getting a deer carcass this time of year?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Clubman

friend of mine has a licence to shoot deer off season.

so by the sounds of things there is nothing I can do. looks like I'll have to do a bit more research outside of boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Clubman wrote: »
    friend of mine has a licence to shoot deer off season.

so by the sounds of things there is nothing I can do. looks like I'll have to do a bit more research outside of boards.ie

Section 42 I'm assuming he has.
    Best bet is to ask on the hunting section and ask the lads on that. If your nearby someone they may butcher the deer for you in exchange for few cuts off it. A lot of lads have their own freezers and butchering area to do it.

Advertisement