Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****Leaving Certificate: Higher Level Maths Discussion****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Smash The House

That went brilliantly....really happy with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

Q1 - lovely
    Q2 - if the angle was 2.5 radians, then lovely q, if not, **** :(
    Q3 - can't tell of I liked that or not..
    Q4 - EWEWEW (c) with the finding m and c was impossible
    Q5 - lovely trig q, found it nice and handy I think :) was the value of b or whatever it was in the Sin(b)theta 2pi for when it was to be 60 periods per second?
    Q6 - beautiful <3

The statistics Q was ok, I think :/ very opinion based ><
    The probability was meh, couldn't work out the last part :/
    Last q was lovely except for the verrrryyyy last part, ran out of time so it was a bit dodgy and half finished :( did anyone else get 17 for l in the square question? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭TooMuchStudy

aleatorio wrote: »
    Q1 - lovely
    Q5 - can't remember this..
    Q6 - beautiful <3

Last q was lovely except for the verrrryyyy last part, ran out of time so it was a bit dodgy and half finished :(

Absolutely lovely paper! Pretty sure the angle was 2.5 radians btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

Beatiful paper, I'd say I probably got around 250 marks out of 300, as opposed to 150 in paper 1. Now.. probably gonna fail ordinary Irish :(

That went brilliantly....really happy with it :D

...how.. What... No...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭LaughingOwl

I got 2.5 too :)

AWHHH yeahhhhhh :D:D thank you for making my day :pac:

Overall the paper was accessible, but it was a lot harder to get an A in than paper 1 was, depending on how the marking scheme goes..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gcc ct96

Really happy hoping for around 280 paper 2 about 260 paper 1 going for that A1

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭BlueWolf16

those who are confident with what they did, any chance you could say what the answers were? Feeling quite confident I passed it, but as I failed paper 1, I'm hoping I did enough to pass overall.

Also, on q6(a), the second part where you are asked to draw an angle of 60degrees without protractor, would I get any marks if I just drew it with a protractor, and added some bullcrap working lines? That's what I did anyways.

BlueWolf16 wrote: »
    those who are confident with what they did, any chance you could say what the answers were? Feeling quite confident I passed it, but as I failed paper 1, I'm hoping I did enough to pass overall.

Also, on q6(a), the second part where you are asked to draw an angle of 60degrees without protractor, would I get any marks if I just drew it with a protractor, and added some bullcrap working lines? That's what I did anyways.

Think you had to show the lines from your compass to gain full marks

• Advertisement

Ummm in the last q one of the radii was root2 and the other was 4root 2,
    And I'm hoping against hope that the length l in the square part was 17 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Beautiful paper, question 6 was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ian5005

for the question to do with the sine graph, was the range [511.-511] or something like that? it was a good paper as opposed to paper 1.

ian5005 wrote: »
    for the question to do with the sine graph, was the range [511.-511] or something like that? it was a good paper as opposed to paper 1.

The range was whatever was infront of the sin in f(x), I can't remember it but 511 sounds familiar :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Did I dream that..?

That did happen, right?

WOOOOO :D

Didn't finish it but still a lovely paper, possibly easier than Examcraft P2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

That was way harder than either of the mock paper 2s :/

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    Did I dream that..?

That did happen, right?

WOOOOO :D

Didn't finish it but still a lovely paper, possibly easier than Examcraft P2.

No it wasn't. Omg Nim stfu I got an A1 on examcraft p2 and feel violated by whatever the hell it was we just sat :pac:

No it wasn't. Omg Nim stfu I got an A1 on examcraft p2 and feel violated by whatever the hell it was we just sat :pac:

But it was so lovely :( Granted, there were a few tough parts but in general, I thought it was good.

What did you find hard about it?

No, not that >.<

Edit: Just saw your post on the last page. Hang on, I'll read it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I am honestly amazed at the people who thought it was a good paper.

There was NO full question that I was happy with other than the theorem one.

They expect you to think for a load of those and yet don't give you time to?
    I was making up random nonsense for some of it and left a few parts half done... puts me in a really bad mood for the rest of exams :(

What did you guys get for q7 (i think), the last part, about Drug B? in the previous part I said that Drug A treats more patients than the generic drug, (I think it was something around 57%-63%).. If I remember correctly, I just took the maximum value I got in the previous part, which was like 63.xx % and multiplayed that by 500..

also in the q6, what did you say about the statement "something something, government's income and expenditure, something". Myself, I did this part with like 30sec. left, and said that as the numbers changed from 2006 to 2011 it would be more difficult to calculate the income and expenditure as numbers changed. Also noted that the gov. income was tax, and expenditure was social welfare..

• Advertisement

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    But it so lovely :( Granted, there were a few tough parts but in general, I thought it was good.

What did you find hard about it?

No, not that >.<

The last part of the coordinate geometry q had me stumped, as did the last part of the luna question, the hypothesis testing second part about drug B was like wtf and and there was way too much opinion needed that I'm not very good at doing :(
    My confidence in probability is also a bit shakey so I may easily have gotten all of the probability calculations wrong in the drug q and spinner q :/

Wehhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 LeavingCertee

I am honestly amazed at the people who thought it was a good paper.

There was NO full question that I was happy with other than the theorem one.

They expect you to think for a load of those and yet don't give you time to?
    I was making up random nonsense for some of it and left a few parts half done... puts me in a really bad mood for the rest of exams :(

hear, hear! The woman speaks sense! What about the 45 marks for waffling on about the economy, we still have that?..

• Registered Users Posts: 31 forlifebaby

Q1 - lovely
    Q5 - lovely trig q, found iYout nice and handy I think :) was the value of b or whatever it was in the Sin(b)theta 2pi for when it was to be 60 periods per second?
    Q6 - beautiful <3

Last q was lovely except for the verrrryyyy last part, ran out of time so it was a bit dodgy and half finished :( did anyone else get 17 for l in the square question? :o

I am sure I got 2.5 as radian too. :) the probability was pretty nice except for that 25 mark one. :/ I had no idea what was going on but you had to use Bernoulli's trial to get the answer.

The last question was rather lengthy. I think I got l to be 14.5 :/ I can't remember exactly. But I have a feeling that I might be wrong. As I had left that part for the last five minutes.

Overall this was a beautiful paper compared to part 1. paper 1 was a shock to my system. :/

ian5005 wrote: »

It was (311,-311)

It was (311,-311)

fairly sure it was -551,551.

What did you guys get for q7 (i think), the last part, about Drug B? in the previous part I said that Drug A treats more patients than the generic drug, (I think it was something around 57%-63%).. If I remember correctly, I just took the maximum value I got in the previous part, which was like 63.xx % and multiplayed that by 500..

also in the q6, what did you say about the statement "something something, government's income and expenditure, something". Myself, I did this part with like 30sec. left, and said that as the numbers changed from 2006 to 2011 it would be more difficult to calculate the income and expenditure as numbers changed. Also noted that the gov. income was tax, and expenditure was social welfare..

I said the same thing for the government q, I said the numbers in work had decreased which decreased income from tax, and the number unemployed had increased which meant more expenditure on social welfare :P

For the two groups who wouldn't be part of the labor force I said disabled people and people in full time education.. Any validity there? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Holy crap!!! Amazing except the end of the paper 9!!!! :D

are they gonna mark it hard now?? :(

Q1 - lovely
    Q5 - lovely trig q, found it nice and handy I think :) was the value of b or whatever it was in the Sin(b)theta 2pi for when it was to be 60 periods per second?
    Q6 - beautiful <3

Q1 - Grand
    Q2 - I got 2.5 radians as well.
    Q3 - I forgot what it was :o Probability? It was a bit iffy but I got 0.2 for the last part
    Q4 - Part 2 was horrible, didn't finish it
    Q5 - I didn't get the last part, rest was fine
    Q6 - Theorem 13. Need I say more?

Q7 - It took a bit of careful reading but it was fine. I didn't get to finish the prediction for 2014
    Q8 - It was fine. For hypothesis test, I got Drug A was more effective. What was the last part?
    Q9 - Nice question but same as you, I ran out of time and didn't get to the last part. I think I got 13 for the square one, I may have messed that up.

I said the same thing for the government q, I said the numbers in work had decreased which decreased income from tax, and the number unemployed had increased which meant more expenditure on social welfare :P

For the two groups who wouldn't be part of the labor force I said disabled people and people in full time education.. Any validity there? :o

yup, wrote the exact same thing, disabled people and those in school/college for those not in labor force.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 forlifebaby

Is that how you get that bit of drug b? Damn I think I used 49% cuz drug a was the successfully one t

Advertisement