Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Geography 2014 ***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adamcahill

do you reckon language as a cultural indicator will come up? it has come up as a question every second year since 2006?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dylan_1996

I just need to get a d3 if im being perfectly honest, I know a few things in detail, but some will just be waffle, ill be hoping to get everything right in the short q's, with a few good detailed essay questions, the short q's and the project would i squeeze a d3 out of the exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AmbiiSmiley

ANYONE HAVE ANY HOT DESERT BIOME SAMPLE ANSWERS?! I am in dire neeeed and I have a feeling I am gonna be up all night with the stress of geography :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8 HassanNat95

brazil anyone? culture etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 feckin priests

Half one and I've learned characteristics of brown earth soils and rainforest biomes completely. I have sample answers for soils if anyone needs them. And colonialism for Brizil as i seen someone asking about there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Can't sleep fml fml fml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

Just did characteristics of a biome. If that doesn't come up I'll cry. Covered a few things in physical - will do one or two more and move into regional. Hoping I'll be alright for the elective as one of the B parts is normally just settlement patterns on the map and I'll just have to give the C part a go.

And I've done nothing for maths yet.

It's going to be a long night.

Bullet points or essay style for the geoecology question?

Kyro wrote: »
    Bullet points or essay style for the geoecology question?

Essay style. Did you sleep? I only got an hour and I'm freaking out. Brain doesn't work on no sleep :(
    How do ye prepare for short questions?

oncex wrote: »
    Essay style. Did you sleep? I only got an hour and I'm freaking out. Brain doesn't work on no sleep :(
    How do ye prepare for short questions?

Nope I haven't slept and I still only managed to get a small amount done. There's just too much.

• Advertisement

Kyro wrote: »
    Nope I haven't slept and I still only managed to get a small amount done. There's just too much.

As long as physical and geoecology are covered we'll be okay. Regional and elective can be winged to an extent. Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

I only slept an hour and have a headache now, ugh :(( Still need to go over all the regional and elective... why do I find this so much more stressful than english p2..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

You guys weren't joking when you said you'd be cramming like mad.....

I need an A and I feel like I won't get it if what I want doesn't come up.. Hotmale, are you ready for the elective?

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    I need an A and I feel like I won't get it if what I want doesn't come up.. Hotmale, are you ready for the elective?

Kind of.

I've 3 essays out of 15 learned off to 80 mark standard, about 7 to 60ish marks. If the other 5 come up I'm going to hurt myself.

Can I just learn central place theory? Or do I need one of burgess/Hoyt etc??

I only know central place :(

How do you apply central place theory to a map? Just using common sense?

I usually have an intro kinda thing about central place and that high-order services are provided only in large settlements, the town seems to be the only large settlement on the os map, it seems to fulfill the functions of a central place etc.
    Then I talk about commercial services it provides, high order transport services and educational.. And always bring it back to the fact that it provides these services for the hinterland

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    I usually have an intro kinda thing about central place and that high-order services are provided only in large settlements, the town seems to be the only large settlement on the os map, it seems to fulfill the functions of a central place etc.
    Then I talk about commercial services it provides, high order transport services and educational.. And always bring it back to the fact that it provides these services for the hinterland

Okay, so how many different services would I have to mention and describe?

• Advertisement

Depends how many you see really, in the last one I did there was only CBD and something that looked like a shopping centre for commercial, then I just named the roads for transport and waffled about how people who travel would have to travel through the town.. Really just wing it if there isn't enough info. My teacher said even if say for educational you have 3 schools, 1 in the town and 2 in the hinterland you can interpret that the 2 in the hinterland would be primary, and the main one would in in the town, etc :P As long as you talk a lot about high order services and hinterland youll be grand

Just realised my geometry set has an Irish map on it's case... Surely they'll leave me bring it in...? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hannah098

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Just realised my geometry set has an Irish map on it's case... Surely they'll leave me bring it in...? :pac:
    Nope they'll consider it cheating you can only have ear plastic pencil cases/bags or just bring in what you need separately !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭accountname

Don't forget the colours lads :P

Best of luck everyone! So jealous of everyone who didn't do this heart-breaking subject and actually get a chance to study Maths!

Hannah098 wrote: »
    Nope they'll consider it cheating you can only have clear plastic pencil cases/bags or just bring in what you need separately !

We don't need them, we just use our own....

I'll just throw all the stuff into my pencil case :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My geography teacher last year told us to get a maths set with Ireland on it.

Good luck everyone, hope we get a nice paper :P

Good luck everyone! If you hear anything of a lad from Cork who had a nervous breakdown in the exam centre it's probably me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Hannah098 wrote: »
    Nope they'll consider it cheating you can only have ear plastic pencil cases/bags or just bring in what you need separately !

This isn't true . Plenty of people bring in their pencil cases .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 pixiedustx

Cramming since 6am and am now watching cat videos because I'm about to lose my mind with stress

Advertisement