Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Geography 2014 ***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Hotale.com wrote: »
    Is there dams on the Rhine? Most in my class seem to have wrote about the Rhine for the effect of dams on river processes, I looked over the Three Gorges this morning and wrote about that :D

I'm actually delighted with that paper.

I went through first how dams interfere with processes of erosion, deposition and transportation and then wrote about a half page on the Aral Sea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

Poliana.xo wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure levees are to do with the Rhine :pac: and dams is the three gorges :P

So if you wrote about the Rhine you'd get no marks..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

peekachoo wrote: »
    I went through first how dams interfere with processes of erosion, deposition and transportation and then wrote about a half page on the Aral Sea!

I did that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Kyro

You'd probably get the marks for the actually describing of what the dam does and how it effects the processes, etc.

Geography didn't go too bad for me but I ran out of time. But its all pointless now seeing as I failed maths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭Poliana.xo

Well I actually don't know but if there actually is no dam on the Rhine and someone wrote about it, I don't see how they would get the marks :rolleyes:

Maybe there is one I know nothing about :pac:

My option really screwed it up for me. Definitely not expecting for an A or even B1 now, unless a miracle happens..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Geoecology essays were worded so strangely I dont even know if i did the correct one lol...

Apart from that the questions were fine.
    For the question 'describe the development and population distribution in a continental region' I did kolkata, india. Its more of a city than a region though. Is that okay do you think?

Well I actually don't know but if there actually is no dam on the Rhine and someone wrote about it, I don't see how they would get the marks :rolleyes:

Maybe there is one I know nothing about :pac:

I wouldn't have thought you'd get any marks for it either.

Anyone do question 10? Was the second part about changing urban functions in Drogheda or changing land use in Dublin?

Did anyone do the question about the population growth influenced by income levels/technology or something for the human elective?

• Advertisement

Are we able to get the scripts online? Would love to read over the questions

bb1234567 wrote: »

They'll be up tomorrow I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lizzmurph

Did anyone else to the question on growth and distribution in a sub continental region? I wrote about agriculture and manufacturing in sw USA , worried I messed not up cause it isn't exactly human processes

They'll be up tomorrow I'd say.

Up now :D

It's up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

Up now :D

What do ya think?

peekachoo wrote: »
    What do ya think?

I'm taking a look at OL maths first because I was tutoring my friend for it last night :o

Kyro wrote: »
    It's up now.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scareyc

Did anyone do the question about the population growth influenced by income levels/technology or something for the human elective?

I did. Just rambled on about the paris basin with made up statistics of income levels and how people then wish to migrate there because of jobs and therefore pop. growth..

lizzmurph wrote: »
    Did anyone else to the question on growth and distribution in a sub continental region? I wrote about agriculture and manufacturing in sw USA , worried I messed not up cause it isn't exactly human processes

I did Calcutta in india, but thats what my class learnt so..

• Advertisement

scareyc wrote: »
    I did Calcutta in india, but thats what my class learnt so..

SAme here

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

I'm pretty sure levees are to do with the Rhine :pac: and dams is the three gorges :P

There's 13/14 dams on the Rhine.

JD244 wrote: »
    There's 13/14 dams on the Rhine.

Does it mention that in any books though? I'm sure there wasn't one mention of dams on the Rhine in our book (Planet & People)

Did anyone do the 'human activity' geoecology biome essay? I wrote a smashing essay on it (if i do say so myself) about the coniferous forest biome in sweden and how industrial activity affects it, but when I talked to people in my year who did it, they all did multiple biomes :O

It said ''Biomes are altered by human activity.Discuss.''. I took that as a general statement while others took it as talk about multiple biomes affected because of the 's'. Thought it was pretty ambiguous and now im freaking out that im gonna get like no marks on my essay.. :S

Did anyone do the 'human activity' geoecology biome essay? I wrote a smashing essay on it (if i do say so myself) about the coniferous forest biome in sweden and how industrial activity affects it, but when I talked to people in my year who did it, they all did multiple biomes :O

It said ''Human activity can alter biomes. Discuss''. I took that as a general statement while others took it as talk about multiple biomes affected because of the 's'. Thought it was pretty ambiguous and now im freaking out that im gonna get like no marks on my essay.. :S

I only did one biome. I'm worried now haha! I doubt they meant plural though

It said ''Human activity can alter biomes. Discuss''. I took that as a general statement while others took it as talk about multiple biomes affected because of the 's'. Thought it was pretty ambiguous and now im freaking out that im gonna get like no marks on my essay.. :S

Just dont freak out, even if that did happen youll get plenty of marks . Put it behind you its over now and you cant do anything to change it so shh take a rest its friday :)

No, I would think you are correct. They would hardly expect you do discuss multiple biomes - we've only studied one anyway I don't see why you would do any more. Don't worry though you did it correctly.

I also wrote a beautiful answer to that question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 JD244

lizzmurph wrote: »

I did India just said why it grew because of agriculture and technology and where the people live. If you linked that pollution grew because of manufacturing and agriculture you should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2014/LC005ALP000EV.pdf

Link to the higher level paper.

Does anyone know what the right labels are for A-F on question 2? I did that and I only took that question on because I liked the other parts.

• Advertisement

Just dont freak out, even if that did happen youll get plenty of marks . Put it behind you its over now and you cant do anything to change it so shh take a rest its friday :)

Thanks haha :) Feck it sure it'll be grand..

Advertisement