Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*** Leaving Cert Geography 2014 ***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

Then you didn't need to do one from 10-12. You only do 1 elective.

http://examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2014/LC005ALP000EV.pdf
    OR!!!! :p

Oh my God that sigh of relief almost took my lungs with it. Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Look at you with your sexy authoritative mod bold font ;)
    Actually, I was just reproducing the way it was on the paper as closely as possible! :D

But always nice to know you still find me sexy, bbz! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Did anyone else run out of time? I completely rushed part B and C of human environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

jazz101 wrote: »
    Oh my God that sigh of relief almost took my lungs with it. Thanks lads.
    Lug! :D:D

I'm on the Cap Morgans, Aaron will probably have a pint. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I only wrote 2.5 pages aswell , it was kind of educated bluff. Id say Ill get about 50/80 Im sure they dont expect too high a standard considering how long the essay is :)
    Hopefully My was just educated guess too xD Suppose even if I did know It id only have time for another page anyways..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

In the mocks i accidentally Did a question from both the 1st and 2nd elective but didnt run out of time and came out with a C1 :confused: I dont know how I managed that but I barely even finished in time today just doing one elective today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

My year is going ballistic saying it was so hard and they could barely answer any questions!
    I honestly thought it was grand, the short questions were a bit tricky but other than that!
    I did;
    The first physical question about igneous rocks and river processes
    Q5 in the regional
    Q9 in the Human Elective and
    Geoecology - biome question about human activities .. it was worded terribly but i wrote a very decent 3 1/2 page answer and had 10 minutes left at the end to read over everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 forevergold22

Does anyone know how much marks would be lost of you wrote a page and a half about the formation of levees and waterfalls but drew no diagrams? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Guys, I did my LC last year. Got my only A1 in Geography. :o This is my post from this time last year. :o
    Did anyone else think the short questions were difficult? One of the questions with 4 pictures? I couldn't make them out at all.

Very disappointed with how I performed. Would be lucky to get a B, and I was aiming for an A.

So, if you under preformed, move on. I got on a lot better than I thought. They usually mark easy, because it's answered poorly.

Does anyone know how much marks would be lost of you wrote a page and a half about the formation of levees and waterfalls but drew no diagrams? :(

I didn't think diagrams were necessary they just count as a srp so if you have 15 srps your grand

• Advertisement

I didn't think diagrams were necessary they just count as a srp so if you have 15 srps your grand

Really :o even though it said "with the aid of a labelled diagram"? :) happy out now so!

Really :o even though it said "with the aid of a labelled diagram"? :) happy out now so!

2-4 max!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭FHB

It didn't say that though. No diagrams necessary. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bb1234567

You dont need diagrams unless stated

FHB wrote: »
    It didn't say that though. No diagrams necessary. :)

Ok thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rainydays212

hey guys,
    I did my geoecology question on the human activities affecting biomes, and discussed acid rain and deforestation, in total around 5 pages. Was this ok? Thank you :)

hey guys,
    I did my geoecology question on the human activities affecting biomes, and discussed acid rain and deforestation, in total around 5 pages. Was this ok? Thank you :)

Acid rain? How did you link that with human?

hey guys,

did you link acid rain to humans? it was human activity and acid rain may be caused by humans but it's not a human activity!
    Deforestation however is grand!

Acid rain? How did you link that with human?
    Industrial activity by humans causes acid rain , burning of fossil fuels etc...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scareyc

Industrial activity by humans causes acid rain , burning of fossil fuels etc...:/

I did that, made sure I kept repeating that the acid rain was caused by industrial activity and therefore human activity

• Advertisement

scareyc wrote: »
    I did that, made sure I kept repeating that the acid rain was caused by industrial activity and therefore human activity

yeah I learnt my essay from the book that has all the sample answers, it was '' human influence on biomes'' I think we are safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Did you have to refer to more than one biome? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scareyc

Did you have to refer to more than one biome? :)

I didn't but most of my year did, I hope you could do both the question was phrased weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pa95

For the biome question, my headings were 1: how natives have been altered
    2: how soils have been altered
    3: how climate has been altered
    4: how flora/ fauna has been altered
    I linked human activities into each heading, but everyone else I've talked to seemed to have the actual activities as the headings...I suppose it's ambiguous enough, but also I only spoke about 1 biome. The geog teachers in my school were saying that it was so general, so I should be ok...any thoughts on this?

pa95 wrote: »
    I linked human activities into each heading, but everyone else I've talked to seemed to have the actual activities as the headings...I suppose it's ambiguous enough, but also I only spoke about 1 biome. The geog teachers in my school were saying that it was so general, so I should be ok...any thoughts on this?

That's like exactly what i did, some of my headings were more human based but i talked about the same stuff and i only talked about one Biome also!

pa95 wrote: »

That's like exactly what i did, some of my headings were more human based but i talked about the same stuff and i only talked about one Biome also!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Johnjoeboy

I choose ranching/agriculture,logging of trees,expoloiting minerals and HEP

You only lose 4 marks. That's the maximum

Did any do question on the MNCs and the impact of EU policy in irish economy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 geneskinner

did anyone do the human activity on a biome question on the sahel? if so what headings did you use

Advertisement