Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Geography Papers - Fri. June 6th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

For the question on the cold climate, I used Greenland as my example but when I was checking over my answers at the end, I realized that I had written Green Day instead! :p oops! Paper was OK, thought it was much more specific than usual with singling out Basalt and a Cold Climate

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Emmie123

All my answers were ridiculously long.. I suppose that way I've covered my bases a little bit to ensure I get a load of marks c: not long as in pointless, just explained in great detail

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

For the question on the cold climate, I used Greenland as my example but when I was checking over my answers at the end, I realized that I had written Green Day instead! :p oops! Paper was OK, thought it was much more specific than usual with singling out Basalt and a Cold Climate
    Yeah our Geography teacher told us only our warm climate (the Mediterranean) would come up in the long questions...:rolleyes: didn't do that question though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I'd like to think I got an A or B but last time I did that I got a D. So..I'm happy with whatever. :D

I went with questions 1,3 and 5.. I would have done the other 2 but I didn't have time.. I'll be seriously annoyed if I don't get an A..

• Advertisement

Yeah our Geography teacher told us only our warm climate (the Mediterranean) would come up in the long questions...:rolleyes: didn't do that question though :P

Yeah our teacher told us we only needed to know one in detail so I only really knew hot deserty! I kinda made it up though "it's cold because the sun is above the equator" :') and same with the vegetation ! How much did anyone write for Formation Of Basalt

Yeah our teacher told us we only needed to know one in detail so I only really knew hot deserty! I kinda made it up though "it's cold because the sun is above the equator" :') and same with the vegetation ! How much did anyone write for Formation Of Basalt

I wrote a third of a page.. didn't think that part required much more than that

Emmie123 wrote: »
    I wrote a third of a page.. didn't think that part required much more than that

Yeah, I did about the same, couldn't think of anything else to write tbh :p

Yeah, I did about the same, couldn't think of anything else to write tbh :p

I wonder how many people made to mistake of saying lava cooled slowly to form basalt rather than quickly

I wonder how many people made to mistake of saying lava cooled slowly to form basalt rather than quickly

Was actually thinking that! Or saying that it has crystals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Ferrotype

Did anyone do the q on a place that experiences drought? What did you say about how it influences people? I said the sahara desert and said that people are nomadic and herd cattle and also that eqypt have adapted by doing the irrigation scheme.

Was actually thinking that! Or saying that it has crystals

I know my friend accidentally wrote slowly instead of quickly aha

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Liordi wrote: »
    Really?
    I presumed each one was only worth 2 marks and then life expectancy was 4 marks/each

I knew that . I just wanted to guarantee full marks :)

Ferrotype wrote: »
    Did anyone do the q on a place that experiences drought? What did you say about how it influences people? I said the sahara desert and said that people are nomadic and herd cattle and also that eqypt have adapted by doing the irrigation scheme.

I'm not sure but what I said was crops fail and animals die, this leads to famine, bother these things prevent economic development ?

If you got the picture for basalt right surely you would've seen there was crystals in c and not b.. oh well. :/
    I wrote about 1/2 page for that one, but it was about basalt in general not just the formation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Haha ye all think yer all smart saying basalt doesn't have crystals but it does they are just large due to the fast cooling.

Haha ye all think yer all smart saying basalt doesn't have crystals but it does they are just large due to the fast cooling.

"large"?

I wrote in my answer they can be seen using a microscope..

nanook5 wrote: »

Yeah. :)
    I got into a fit of panic at first because I didn't know what the rocks looked like but thought it rationally through since I had only learned one rock off I went with that. :p

"large"?

I wrote in my answer they can be seen using a microscope..

Small sorry I'm wrecked after all the exams that's should have been small.

• Advertisement

Yeah. :)
    I got into a fit of panic at first because I didn't know what the rocks looked like but thought it rationally through since I had only learned one rock off I went with that. :p

Phew :p

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

In question 1C was it asking about freeze-thaw action? ('Explain, with the aid of a labelled diagram, how rocks are weathered
    by frost action.' I got a bit confused

emersyn wrote: »
    In question 1C was it asking about freeze-thaw action? ('Explain, with the aid of a labelled diagram, how rocks are weathered
    by frost action.' I got a bit confused

Yeah, it was. :)

Yeah, it was. :)

Phew :p again ...... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TypicalAsian

I found that test pretty easy. Expecting a low A (since I don't get high As)

I also happen to live in Dungarvan.

I found that test pretty easy. Expecting a low A (since I don't get high As)

I also happen to live in Dungarvan.

Make sure you didn't say anything that wasn't evident from the make cause in one of our house exams the local town came up and everybody went off and said stuff that you couldn't clearly tell from the map and so we lost marks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure you didn't say anything that wasn't evident from the make cause in one of our house exams the local town came up and everybody went off and said stuff that you couldn't clearly tell from the map and so we lost marks.

Yes, that happened a class of mine a good few years ago where the map was of their area and they had to discuss tourist attractions which could be identified on the map and they named a whole load of tourist attractions they knew about but none of them were on the map, so no marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Me for f*cks sake!!!!! My answer to that question was total guesswork but it was probs only 8 marks (got the 2 other parts right) and ill pick up a few marks I hope lol

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

And basalt has small crystals, I could remember that much ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 auzzue

Did everything except population. Hopefully I pulled an A, the paper was much harder than any I've done before but still. Should be grand.

Advertisement