Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Maths Paper One - Fri. June 6th 2014 - all levels***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bidonville2

Rises really fast at the start, the starts to level off in a smooth curve

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

yaEHya wrote: »
    What did peoples thing look like for when they had to draw how fast the cone would fill up?

I did a constant line going diagonally, and then when it nearly reaches the top it begins to slope downwards slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thetalker

for that Venn diagram i got 72 as the minimum (they could have been doing the same questions but team m just got a few more right ) that both of them answered and 110 as the maximum (add them together to find the maximum i.e 110 assuming we are counting there to be a total 200 questions team m and team n papers being separate in a sense)

If someone got a different answer or is confused by mine please reply as I want to understand this as soon as possible before p2.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

And what did people get for the first part of that question?

And what did people get for the first part of that question?

I think it spelt CAB, so 1-C, 2-A , 3-B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭yaEHya

Ya thats why I got aswell that was a fairly easy question for 20 marks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

Ya thats why I got aswell that was a fairly easy question for 20 marks

question 6 was 20 marks?/!??!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

Anybody know the mark allocation? Or how to work it out?

thetalker wrote: »
    for that Venn diagram i got 72 as the minimum (they could have been doing the same questions but team m just got a few more right ) that both of them answered and 110 as the maximum (add them together to find the maximum i.e 110 assuming we are counting there to be a total 200 questions team m and team n papers being separate in a sense)

If someone got a different answer or is confused by mine please reply as I want to understand this as soon as possible before p2.

I thought the wording was pretty bad on that question, but I did the amount in the intersection rather than all the correct question. So for the first, I got 10 and the second 38

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

I know the functions question was 50 marks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

I think it spelt CAB, so 1-C, 2-A , 3-B
    Got that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

For Jack I did: Tn = 23n +10, where "Tn" is the amount in sterling with every £20 increase raising the value of Tn by 1, ie. at £20, Tn = 1 and at £60, Tn = 3. "n" represents the cost in €.
    For Sarah I did: Tn = 24n, with the same explanation.
    My formulae work but would I get the marks for it?

That's what I did too, I mean, surely they have to give us the marks if the formulae work even if it's not what they were looking for? Seeing as they didn't specify that it had to be in any particular format. idk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Aoife012

What was the answer to question 11? It was of like two equations and its product was one?

emersyn wrote: »
    That's what I did too, I mean, surely they have to give us the marks if the formulae work even if it's not what they were looking for? Seeing as they didn't specify that it had to be in any particular format. idk

The good thing with project maths, is that you will get the full marks, if you are able to back up your answer! Just like English!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I wouldn't consider that a good thing - it's a maths exam not a bloody English exam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Liordi wrote: »
    I wouldn't consider that a good thing - it's a maths exam not a bloody English exam.

Ya I agree like why would should I be writing a paragraph on which method I think is better its not English like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daisykarmass

When will the answers be published on examinations.ie?? In September or something??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

After the results.

spurious wrote: »
    After the results.
    When abouts will we be gettin the results??

When abouts will we be gettin the results??

It says on the SEC website in mid September ?

• Advertisement

ECM1234 wrote: »
    It says on the SEC website in mid September ?

Oh right...I'm so nervous, hope I do good on paper 2 that's my weak point;(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would guess the 10th, based on previous years, but don't hold me to that.
    Might be the 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

I feel so stupid not knowing this but what was the answer to Q.4 c? I crossed off the x vaules I think:/

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

Our teacher told us that generally the marks available for a question are equal to 2x the "recommended time" stated at the beginning of the question.

So a "5 minute" question is worth 10 marks, a 10 minute question is worth 20 marks. (Major exception is the functions question which is worth 50 marks)

I know this isn't a perfect measure of the allocation of marks but it isn't far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciarsb98

for the question on how long does the ball remain in the air for did anyone use the an^2+bn+c formula? I used this and I got 6.2 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Does anyone know if proving a theorem will be a definite question on paper 2, and if so, approximately how many marks will be going for it? It's pretty much the only chapter that I've ignored so I'm trying to decide if it would be worthwhile to study them over the weekend or if I should just revise the things I'm already familiar with

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chloee98

It's the 10th, we got our pin for getting our results online from the SEC and on the letter it says the 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LaLeche

mayway wrote: »
    Has anyone got a copy of the paper to post up here?

No... because you have to hand it up

The papers go up on examinations.ie the evening of the exams.
    Paper One for all levels is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

I've an awful feeling that P2 is going to be very, very hard...

Advertisement