Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** Leaving Cert Ordinary Level Maths - both papers ****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

miissjuly wrote: »
    I cannot post images or URLs because I am new user (?) been using more than a year thanks boards!!
    Unfortunately, because of some REALLY disturbing stuff spammed on to Boards a couple of months back by someone who kept creating new accounts to do so, a restriction was introduced that images etc. couldn't be posted by a user with less than 50 posts and a months use of Boards (if I remember the details correctly).

Unfortunately, it does sometimes catch genuine posters as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

How disturbing are we talking Randy? I'm a curious kind of guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

jazz101 wrote: »
    How disturbing are we talking Randy? I'm a curious kind of guy.
    Very, jazz, and I'm not exactly the most easily shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

There are solutions online on the official exam paper site for one of the exam papers,Does anyone know if there are more solutions available for the other ones on another site?Handy to see exactly how they're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sienna_xo

This probably sounds really stupid, but what is everyone studying for Paper 2?

I feel so unprepared for P2 in comparison to P1. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

I made a good attempt at nearly every question bar the last one, would that be enough to pass? Obviously I did get a few of the parts a and b right!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gal555

Just lots and lot of shapes and **** :L
    Well like Geometry and then statistics and probability
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I can't figure out how to construct the incircle of a triangle :( This book makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I can't figure out how to construct the incircle of a triangle :( This book makes no sense

Bisect two angles, where the bisector lines cross is the centre of the circle.

Bisect two angles, where the bisector lines cross is the centre of the circle.

Without trying to sound stupid where do I place the sharp part of the compass to bisect an angle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Without trying to sound stupid where do I place the sharp part of the compass to bisect an angle?

Place it on the corner of the angle, mark off a point on each of the two sides that make up the angle, make sure the points are of equal distance. Then place your compass on each of these points and draw an arc. Where these two arcs meet, draw a line from the corner of the triangle through the point made by the arcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sienna_xo

It's really sad that I'm dreading my only OL subject more than the six that I'm sitting at HL.

But anyway, hopefully this is the last Maths exam that I (and everyone like myself) ever have to do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

The constructions on mathopenref are really good you all should watch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

anyone know where I can get a solution to paper 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

neonmaria wrote: »
    anyone know where I can get a solution to paper 1 ?

http://www.leavingandjuniorcertanswers.org
    It's the second pdf

You can find the answers to paper one on leavingcertpredictions . com

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭neonmaria

thanks so much been looking everywhere for it although after looking at that solution I feel sick

How do I get my calculator of radien mode :( Its a casio one

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭RAnderson1995

I have a terrible feeling that if i look at the answers i'm going to want to cry ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gal555

I don't get the point in looking at them anyway!...
    Just get in the mindset for paper two without stressing about what cant be changed :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭HauntedGhost

What should I concentrate most on for paper 2?

not as bad as i thought on paper 1!!
    have the whole course for paper 2 studied, feeling confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭jazz101

A7XGirl wrote: »

I have a terrible feeling that if i look at the answers i'm going to want to cry ...

It's certainly made me pessimistic.

What should I concentrate most on for paper 2?

If you go over these you will be sorted
    Probability
    Statistics
    Co-ordinate geometry of the line and circle
    Trapezoidal rule
    Theorems/proofs (I don't know if you have to prove anything for ordinary level)
    Know your Constructions
    Trigonometry

Well that's everything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

What do I need to KNOW for tomorrow?
    Im grand and can do all the sums on probablility, co ordinate geometry etc etc but what do I actually have to learn?
    The unit circle? The constructions? That it??

jazz101 wrote: »
    It's certainly made me pessimistic.

Made me more Optimistic!

scareyc wrote: »
    Im in the same boat as you, just want to pass. I got 38% in the mocks which is a fail. 40% is a pass, but some say that if you're at 38% they'll boost you up to a pass. Im just gonna completely cram paper 2 this weekend and hope to raise my grade..

Do you ever get that feeling of regret? How is 38% considered a pass? All I heard was that this year they are going to review project maths so they don't many failing and if you get around 38/39% they will try to look for marks or mark easier so you could just pass. If I knew that 38/39% would be considered as passing I would have taken the risk. I feel horrible now. There were some parts in the ordinary level paper I thought was ridiculously easy and some project maths element was tricker but not as much as higher level. I had two mocks one I failed by 1% and the other I passed yet I took the OL paper. I know people that are just like me but stuck to HL and might just pass get the 70 points and I'm badly in need of points. I feel dumb and angry at myself I should die under a bus! Many of you won't be counting ordinary maths while I will be.. arghh

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hontheroyalz

In state exams if you get 38% or higher the computer automatically counts it as a pass..fact

In state exams if you get 38% or higher the computer automatically counts it as a pass..fact

Fabulous 70 points gone! Never going to college. Hurray!

• Advertisement

Is this correct?

Mean: = The number which appears the most

Median = Put them in order from lowest to highest and get the middle number

Mode = Add up all the numbers and divide by the amount of numbers.

Advertisement