Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***** Leaving Cert Ordinary Level Maths - both papers ****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

I thought it was D.. I put the function into my calculator and the values matched...

I really have to stop analysing all my papers :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

If i guessed the correct company that was cheaper for the car loan thingy would I get marks even if my calculations were wrong? And you know for the first part of the question was it F=20000(1-0.15)to the power of 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sienna_xo

If i guessed the correct company that was cheaper for the car loan thingy would I get marks even if my calculations were wrong? And you know for the first part of the question was it F=20000(1-0.15)to the power of 4?

Why did you say to the power of 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭cferry3

Was the graph not D??

I said D for the graph also. (:

• Advertisement

sienna_xo wrote: »
    Why did you say to the power of 4?

for 4 years depreciation

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

Graph was indeed D. U shaped because of the +x squared

It was graph D not C ;)

how was the function question the g:(x) stuff I didnt understand that one

Can we just pretend it was C.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

Did anybody find the value of n in the sequences and series question?

• Advertisement

for 4 years depreciation

Oh darn, I don't remember doing to the power of 4. Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mystery_who

Coming on here really shatters your confidence haha

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

crolekka wrote: »

I ended up with 0 or -12 :/ not sure if they were right though

I think I did a decent attempt at it and I got n = -14 I think not quite sure I need to see the paper again to find my mistakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

I put 1 and the sum came out as 0

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ejg96

Do the superintendents check if all exam numbers are On all scripts? Ive a terrible feeling i forgot To put mine On :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

It was graph D not C ;)

how was the function question the g:(x) stuff I didnt understand that one

I guessed that one, for the first I moved all the already plotted points up two, and for the other one moved them all across two? Seemed accurate enough haha

its up on EXAMINATIONS.IE all GO and check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 35 crolekka

A7XGirl wrote: »
    I ended up with 0 or -12 :/ not sure if they were right though

Well those values sound better than what I got anyway! I ended up with a weird discombobulated fraction :L

I'm literally kicking myself for some of the stupid mistakes that I've just now realized that I made.

Maybe reading this thread was a bad idea. :p

• Advertisement

You know for Q3 A(i) was x equal to 5

• Registered Users Posts: 18 scareyc

Was better than the mocks, which I failed and not as project mathsy as I thought...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Badwulf

LINK PLS

Was the maximum height of the rocket 25m? I just read it from the graph but I'm not sure if there was a trick question in there.

I differentiated it and got 75m? im **** at maths though so..

Badwulf wrote: »
    Was there anyone here who could actually do that cardboard box question? no one in my school could get it either :P HELLO NICE BELL CURVE, also I need to know guys do they give out attempt marks easily?

i said the length and width were both = 12-h because it said in terms of h..i then proceeded to draw a lovely 3-D box for the examiner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blue bear

Where can I find this on examinations.ie?

blue bear wrote: »
    Where can I find this on examinations.ie?

Examinations Material Archive and then tick the box.

examinations.ie/archive/exampapers/2014/LC003GLP130EV.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

My Initial Thoughts

Q1 - Not too bad, could be done with common sense and bit of knowledge of percentages.
    Q2 - Bit tricky, a(ii) requires you to tidy up a bit before putting into square root to find modulus. The (b) part involved division but the formula had to be manipulated first which was hard to spot for some.
    Q3 - Lovely algebra question.
    Q4 - (a) and (b) okay but (c) a bit more difficult. All graphs were u shaped. One looked the same but was 2 slots higher and the other was moved two to the left.
    Q5 - Very fair question about cutting axis (letting x and y = 0) and max and min (differentiating and letting = 0)
    Q6 - Formula question. Looked more confusing than it was. Part b used Sn formula from tables with a=13 and d=-2
    Q7 - Part (a) okay of you remembered that the depreciation formula in the tables. P=20,000, i=0.15 and t=4. Part (b) was fair but a good bit going on. Probably a bit wordy for some.
    Q8 - (d) part was nice in that you didn't need to have worked out previous part (c) which was a bit hard for some to visualise. Just take the Volume formula given and differentiate and let equal to 0. 2 answers 2 and 6 of which 6 not possible. This is actually identical to 5(b) which is a little unfair in that it punished people twice for not realising how to find max and mins.
    Q9 - Lovely question to finish. 75 marker with (a) to (c) drawing and reading a nice graph. The other page (e) and (f) was all differentiation and not bad if you spotted that differentiating a height function gives you the speed function.

Was a fair paper but certainly had spots that could trick people up. It's only easy if you know them..best of luck for paper 2.

• Advertisement

skippy1977 wrote: »
    My Initial Thoughts

Q1 - Not too bad, could be done with common sense and bit of knowledge of percentages.
    Q2 - Bit tricky, a(ii) requires you to tidy up a bit before putting into square root to find modulus. The (b) part involved division but the formula had to be manipulated first which was hard to spot for some.
    Q3 - Lovely algebra question.
    Q4 - (a) and (b) okay but (c) a bit more difficult. All graphs were u shaped. One looked the same but was 2 slots higher and the other was moved two to the left.
    Q5 - Very fair question about cutting axis (letting x and y = 0) and max and min (differentiating and letting = 0)
    Q6 - Formula question. Looked more confusing than it was. Part b used Sn formula from tables with a=13 and d=-2
    Q7 - Part (a) okay of you remembered that the depreciation formula in the tables. P=20,000, i=0.15 and t=4. Part (b) was fair but a good bit going on. Probably a bit wordy for some.
    Q8 - (d) part was nice in that you didn't need to have worked out previous part (c) which was a bit hard for some to visualise. Just take the Volume formula given and differentiate and let equal to 0. 2 answers 2 and 6 of which 6 not possible. This is actually identical to 5(b) which is a little unfair in that it punished people twice for not realising how to find max and mins.
    Q9 - Lovely question to finish. 75 marker with (a) to (c) drawing and reading a nice graph. The other page (e) and (f) was all differentiation and not bad if you spotted that differentiating a height function gives you the speed function.

Was a fair paper but certainly had spots that could trick people up. It's only easy if you know them..best of luck for paper 2.

For part 7 was the formula F= 20,000(1-0.15)to the power of 4?

Advertisement