Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap empty fitness gym in Dublin

Options
  • 05-06-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hello

So I'm looking for cheap gym (I need to gain some muscles) the problem is I dont know which one would be for me the best:

-The membership for 6 months for maximum 150 euro or even less
    -In Dublin Area (D1,D15,D12)
    -Jacuzzi or bath would be nice...
    -Empty or not full from 9am till 14 o clock (I dont have schedule for my training programme yet)
    -Good equipment that will allow me to gain some mass and muscle (and also burn some fat)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Why would any decent gym be empty most of the day and still have good equipment and facilities ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Igor2155 wrote: »
    Hello

So I'm looking for cheap gym (I need to gain some muscles) the problem is I dont know which one would be for me the best:

-The membership for 6 months for maximum 150 euro or even less
    -In Dublin Area (D1,D15,D12)
    -Jacuzzi or bath would be nice...
    -Empty or not full from 9am till 14 o clock (I dont have schedule for my training programme yet)
    -Good equipment that will allow me to gain some mass and muscle (and also burn some fat)

Sounds like your describing a home built gym.

Cheap gym = busy
    good gym = more expensive

you need a balance of both, or else you can suck it up, and just go when its busy and get on with your workout :D

No I mean empty like no waiting in cue if you know what I mean :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

If you're planning on attending between 0900 and 1400, most gyms will be relatively empty during this time, most places will also offer off-peak membership rates, where you have to attend between 1000 and 1800 or something like that, so you're in luck on both counts. I'm not too familiar with the area you specified, so can't help you there, but you should be able to find something that fits the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

if I remember correctly The Iveagh (in D8) has an off peak rate, i think it was for 9 - 3 week days for about 40 per month.
    they have a jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and a pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Most of the local swimming pools (Dublin City Council) have gyms, steam room, sauna etc and they are nt extremely busy during the day time plus they are very reasonably priced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

The gym in westwood is 200 for the year and has all the facilities you can want...it (like any gym) will never actually be empty but you stand a better chance by avoiding peak times eg monday-wed.

The corpo gyms have very basic facilities and work out at around 7 euro per visit...if you want to build muscle you'll neeed better equipment and to be going at least three times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

Carlisle gym on kimmage road sounds like what your after

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The Gym in Rathgar (Orwell Road) are doing crazy cheap offers at the moment. A friend got 2 months for 40 euro or something mad?! I believe it's also always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Thomas D

Piliger wrote: »
    Why would any decent gym be empty most of the day and still have good equipment and facilities ?

It depends on the area and the local market. The gym I'm in now is top notch and quite often I'm the only person there.

Thank you all I need to think which one

Advertisement