Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Gang, have you noticed the increase in ads about making sure kids don't eat washing powder??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yep... I'd half laugh but it's happened here. My eldest got hold of one of those liquid tabs and squashed it and it squirted into her eye and burnt her cornea. She was in her grannies at the time and it literally happened in a split second, her gran was washing the dishes and she got into the press, grabbed it and burst it. We reckon it was defective because I tried to burst one myself a while after and it took me a good while to actually burst it.

If it can do that to an eye, I'd hate to see what it can do to an oesophagus.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I started playing xbox again and half my day disappeared :)
    Forgot how much I love mortal kombat.
    Was thinkin ages ago of getting scorpion an subzero tattooed on me legs. That'd look seriously cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I started playing xbox again and half my day disappeared :)
    Forgot how much I love mortal kombat.
    Was thinkin ages ago of getting scorpion an subzero tattooed on me legs. That'd look seriously cool

Seen this awhile back, blew me away!!
    314329.jpg

Was done by an Australian based Artist Kegan Hawkins!
    He has some nice realistic stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Haha. In the bf's apartment (it's next door to his mother's house) and his mam drops dinner in to us to be nice. Apparently she asked his 22 year old brother to drop it in, but he refused because he's intimidated by me because I'm female :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Awh, bless :P

Angron wrote: »
    Awh, bless :P

The first time he met me, he was bringing the wheelie bins out, and got so flustered that he knocked one over :pac: poor guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I'm thinking of getting tickets to see How Now Mrs. Brown Cow for myself and the auntie.
    We regularly go to comedy gigs together so it'd be a laugh. I just hope I don't get stung on the booking/handling charge. :/
    Feeling a bit iffy today- I slept like a log last night but I'm still tired. I blame the weather- need a decent thunderstorm to clear up all this humidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Email sent off there about getting my forearm done 'bout time I started a sleeve. Scary stuff :p

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

fewtins wrote: »
    Email sent off there about getting my forearm done 'bout time I started a sleeve. Scary stuff :p

awesome.who's doing it for ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Got a free pint for heroism!

Lies. Not really heroism. Was in a bar and two old guys started fighting(no idea why). Myself and a friend get between the two old fellas to stop them hitting each other and one leans over and bites the other guy's hand, blood everywhere. Eventually one leaves and the barmaid gives us a free pint for our trouble.

It's an old man pub so it was a great talking point for the bar's regulars who claimed it we broke up
    this rather than this (reality)

Oh god. Wearing a jumper to work in this heat is killing me. I wish they'd order our bloody summer uniforms :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Good news everyone. Gots me my new jobby :pac:

Well done! :)

Staying with the parents for the weekend. It's all fun and games until the cat decides 4am is a great time to demand belly rubs from me by waking me up/scaring the bejaysus outta me.

Lockstep wrote: »
    Staying the parents for the weekend. It's all fun and games until the cat decides 4am is a great time to demand belly rubs from me by waking me up/scaring the bejaysus outta me.

Sure no better time for a belly rub :pac:

My cat used to be a terror for attacking my feet when I was asleep if she was in the room.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One of the people I lived with before had a cat that would do something similar. There was no proper lock on my door, it could get into the room. Every so often she'd spaz out, and just start clawing my back.

My dog sleeps downstairs, but in the morning when I come down, she immediately runs upstairs, goes into my sisters' room and licks their faces til they wake up.

I'm so feckin' tired. :( hour and a quarter left in work, then 2 days off. Gonna spend them mostly sleeping

This song speaks to me on a spiritual level. This and White & Nerdy will forever be known as my personal theme tunes. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Well done on the new job, Orim and fair play for breaking up the fight Lockstep.

We're off to the zoo tomorrow with the kiddies if it's not raining! Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

My dog does this weird fetal position thing by the kitchen door some mornings when it's time to send him out the back to get fed and to do his business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Staying the parents for the weekend. It's all fun and games until the cat decides 4am is a great time to demand belly rubs from me by waking me up/scaring the bejaysus outta me.

D'aww! I miss my cat and dog :( Luckily I only live half an hour away from home though so I can visit when I like :)

My parents live just outside Galway so I see them often enough in town but don't head back to theirs that often. Not that it matters to the cat. Anytime I'm there, he ignores me unless he wants belly-rubs.

He's getting a lot more eccentric now though. There's a bathtub in the back garden and he'll now sit there for hours, just...staring.

10302169_799541786756616_6401888547128340369_n.jpg?oh=ea788df8f4255a2eb4b358154b74a156&oe=5459A3B9

Cats man. How do they work?

Cats man. How do they work?

However the f*ck they want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

This seems to be trending on my Facebook at the mo and I must admit its brilliant!! made me smile today :D

So, I just got back from seeing The Fault In Our Stars...
    Feels-routine.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

i actually got a new wee kitten last week.we had decided in the last few weeks or so that we'd get one for the kids and i was coming home from work last thursday night and i found a little kitten in the middle of town limping around.no idea how he got there but he was crying and staring at me with those little kitty eyes and hobbled over to me and i couldnt just leave him there so i took him home with me.i brought him to the vet the next morning.she seemed to think he might have fallen from an apartment balcony but he's on painkillers and seems to be doing fine now and the kids love him to bits.my wifes terrified of cats but i think she's coming round to him.she even briefly let him sit on her lap which is a big deal to her

Well done baron. Nicely played.

My head is melted at the moment. Combination of being checked out in work and just not knowing what to be doing with myself in general.

Just pinged my artist though, hopefully will be able to get some more work on my leg.

• Advertisement

i actually got a new wee kitten last week.we had decided in the last few weeks or so that we'd get one for the kids and i was coming home from work last thursday night and i found a little kitten in the middle of town limping around.no idea how he got there but he was crying and staring at me with those little kitty eyes and hobbled over to me and i couldnt just leave him there so i took him home with me.i brought him to the vet the next morning.she seemed to think he might have fallen from an apartment balcony but he's on painkillers and seems to be doing fine now and the kids love him to bits.my wifes terrified of cats but i think she's coming round to him.she even briefly let him sit on her lap which is a big deal to her

D'awww. Photos?

Advertisement