Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Id get it done on the side of my head just to see if Id win.

I reckon you'd be pretty much guaranteed. Strong chance that would go viral.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I moved into my new place today. Bedding is stupid expensive. I don't even have a cover for my quilt or pillow cases 'cause all the ones I saw cost too much. Will have to wait till I'm paid next week I think (I hate getting paid monthly!). Still just happy to have a place of my own rather than staying with a colleague like I have been.

Other than that nothing excisting has really happened. I served a lady from Coronation Street last night and her and her family were some of the nicest customers I've ever had...yeah my life is boring.

Could be worse. At least it's "celebrities" you get to serve.

You get used to being paid monthly. At this stage I don't think I could go back to being paid weekly. It's handy because you can get your bills out of the way in one fell swoop and don't have to worry about keeping back money each week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

No work till Tuesday thank fcuk. Heading into town tomoro to get myself a suit.
    Effort f it but gotta admit I love me a good suit

Spent all day in town looking for a suit but finally found one thank fcuk. Was in jervis, was in Stephens green basically everywhere but found one just before I was about to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Don't know why it bothers me but seeing people getting tattoo's done by scratchers tends to really grate on me.

Myself and herself are looking to get a dog went on a Clondalkin Animal Aid facebook page and there was some puppies went on to your ones Facebook page to try have a look at more pics of the dogs or parents and there a pic of her getting tattoo'd in a kitchen.

Nice puppies though :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm so fcuking tired. I'm sick of not having days off. I also had too much wine and beer last night.

But I'm off tomorrow, finally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A puppy and a baby together :eek:

You're mad... I have two dogs, one of them was 6 months old when Addison was born and it was mental but we did survive it.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    A puppy and a baby together :eek:

You're mad... I have two dogs, one of them was 6 months old when Addison was born and it was mental but we did survive it.

:pac: I know but the girlfriend would love a pup thinks it's great to have a pup and baby the same time and I won't lie kinda like the idea myself :).

See what happens, she has had two dogs herself I've never had one so will be trusting her judgement and decision.

Anyone know any other good sites or pages to look for adopting a dog?

Head over to Dogs Aid in Finglas they have a puppy centre there.

I got my little brat in Dog's Aid. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Dog's Trust has a new puppy unit newly opened. Bit of a drive to Ashbourne but they have some really lovely little critters. Even though I've a long wait before I can get my own gaff and not have to worry about upsetting my bitchy Jack Russell, I still occasionally check their website to see if any rescue Pugs pop up.

I did actually mean Dog's Trust but Dog's Aid are good too.

Cheers folks, went to Dogs Aid today to have a look at a dog there today.

Not a puppy a two year old German Shepard/Doberman cross a beautiful and friendly dog.

Were going to take her once they approve after inspection of the house.

Just spent a good ten minutes fighting with a bloke selling charity scratch cards on the street, after he followed my (minor) sister screaming at her for not buying one.

I'm literally shaking with rage right now.

Just spent a good ten minutes fighting with a bloke selling charity scratch cards on the street, after he followed my (minor) sister screaming at her for not buying one.

I'm literally shaking with rage right now.

Jaysus you do have a knack of drawing the attention of some weirdos.

Hope yeas are alright.

Jaysus you do have a knack of drawing the attention of some weirdos.

Hope yeas are alright.

:pac: it was her, not me! Poxy hanly center. I used to always buy a scratch card from them too. Googled the number, rang and left a very angry voice mail. I think i scared the bloke with my anger, though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Anyone got any tips on getting money back from someone who borrowed it? My mother borrowed €100 off me a year ago and has still not paid me back despite my many pleas. I've tried being assertive but she keeps fobbing me off and I'm getting sick to my back teeth at her getting shirty at me whenever I raise the subject. FFS, I even said she could pay me €25 a week for a month but she wouldn't agree to it.
    I'm annoyed as I want to put that money towards my next tattoo but I can't do anything until she pays me back.
    Urgh. I hate loaning money and regularly get painted as a "stingy bitch" for having a tough stance on borrowing/lending but can you blame me? It's been a ****ing year already. GIVE ME MY GODDAMNED MONEY! :mad:

• Advertisement

McChubbin wrote: »
    Anyone got any tips on getting money back from someone who borrowed it? My mother borrowed €100 off me a year ago and has still not paid me back despite my many pleas. I've tried being assertive but she keeps fobbing me off and I'm getting sick to my back teeth at her getting shirty at me whenever I raise the subject. FFS, I even said she could pay me €25 a week for a month but she wouldn't agree to it.
    I'm annoyed as I want to put that money towards my next tattoo but I can't do anything until she pays me back.
    Urgh. I hate loaning money and regularly get painted as a "stingy bitch" for having a tough stance on borrowing/lending but can you blame me? It's been a ****ing year already. GIVE ME MY GODDAMNED MONEY! :mad:

You live at home, right? And you're on a training/unemployment/disability allowance of some sort?

As harsh as it may sound, if I were in your position, I'd let it go. Even if you're giving your mam and step-dad money towards living in the home, it more than likely doesn't actually cover you. For that reason, I'd let it slide.

There's often been times my mam has borrowed from me, and although she tries to pay it back, I don't let her because I know the portion of my wages I give her doesn't cover me living there.

:pac: it was her, not me! Poxy hanly center. I used to always buy a scratch card from them too. Googled the number, rang and left a very angry voice mail. I think i scared the bloke with my anger, though :pac:
    I had some chung1 hassle me yesterday over scratch card I was like a look I don't do em and still followed me so I have her 3 euro t feck off.
    Out side the Stephens green shopping centre. Havint been In there in years.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Cheers folks, went to Dogs Aid today to have a look at a dog there today.

Not a puppy a two year old German Shepard/Doberman cross a beautiful and friendly dog.

Were going to take her once they approve after inspection of the house.

Good luck with that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Some of these agencies can be anal about home checks. I was actually refused having kept dogs all my life and having always been around dogs because....wait for it...neither of us are at home all day long to look after the dog-my wife would have been out for probably 3-4 hours.FFS what do they want???They want dogs rehomed instead of being put to sleep yet they make it hard for you to adopt one.
    I went out and bought my pedigree Newfie after that incident when I would have really really much preferred to rehome a dog. Sorry for the rant but my blood boils at the hoops some agencies make you jump through to rehome a dog.

:pac: I know but the girlfriend would love a pup thinks it's great to have a pup and baby the same time and I won't lie kinda like the idea myself :).

Its better to have a dog grow up with kids.Our 4 have all grown up with dogs.Our oldest was born 3 weeks after we got our first dog just after we were married.
    Our next oldest was only 2 weeks old when we got our second dog.
    In my opinion a dog that's grown up with kids is more accustomed to kids and is less likely to be aggressive.

I know you are looking at a 2 year old dog but personally Id advise a puppy.
    You don't know that 2 year old dogs history and especially with a baby Id be concerned.A puppy that grows with the baby is probably a better (and safer) option.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Good luck with that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Some of these agencies can be anal about home checks. I was actually refused having kept dogs all my life and having always been around dogs because....wait for it...neither of us are at home all day long to look after the dog-my wife would have been out for probably 3-4 hours.FFS what do they want???They want dogs rehomed instead of being put to sleep yet they make it hard for you to adopt one.
    I went out and bought my pedigree Newfie after that incident when I would have really really much preferred to rehome a dog. Sorry for the rant but my blood boils at the hoops some agencies make you jump through to rehome a dog.

Jaysus hopefully there not that anal about it, the one we were talking about in Dogs Aid said all they really want to check is the back garden is secure if that's all they want we be fine we have a big back garden and well secure and plenty of space. THe girlfriend has always had dogs as well so is well used to caring for them.

Don't blame you for ranting though if they end up being that anal I'll probably end up ranting myself.
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its better to have a dog grow up with kids.Our 4 have all grown up with dogs.Our oldest was born 3 weeks after we got our first dog just after we were married.
    Our next oldest was only 2 weeks old when we got our second dog.
    In my opinion a dog that's grown up with kids is more accustomed to kids and is less likely to be aggressive.

I know you are looking at a 2 year old dog but personally Id advise a puppy.
    You don't know that 2 year old dogs history and especially with a baby Id be concerned.A puppy that grows with the baby is probably a better (and safer) option.

Yea was thinking the same myself to be honest it was also the reason she wanted a pup initially but we both really liked this dog and the one we were talking to ( who I'm going to trust in the hope she knows her stuff) said the dog we were looking at is the only adult dog she would allow go to a house with young kids because she is so placid and has such a nice temperament. There was another Collie who she wouldn't let go to a family with young children.

Well see what happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I volunteer at an ISPCA place in Longford, love some of the dogs out there. My favourites probably are a German Shepherd called Bruce, a Rottweiler GSH cross called Tupac, or a Rottweiler Hound cross called T-Bone. I was out there today, I got more than a bit wet, my converse were waterlogged :pac:

We must be on baby watch now are we Marty? How long has the missus got left?

January wrote: »
    We must be on baby watch now are we Marty? How long has the missus got left?

Sure am on baby watch, was in the coombe today for a few hours because of no movement but got the all ok.

Full term now one week left her due date is next Saturday were both fed up of waiting her sister had her baby yesterday so jealous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Heading to look at a motorbike today, here's hoping it's in good nick as from the photos, it looks like a good one

• Advertisement

Sure am on baby watch, was in the coombe today for a few hours because of no movement but got the all ok.

Full term now one week left her due date is next Saturday were both fed up of waiting her sister had her baby yesterday so jealous :pac:

I had that too at the end, no movement and what happened when they hooked me up to the monitor? He went crazy lol. Sent home with a kick chart, they're handy, it makes you stop and actually feel for movement whereas when you're busy you don't really notice.

Good luck :D Can't wait to hear news.

Advertisement