Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Well they've let me go home for the afternoon. T'was a tumour they took out but they seem confident nowt has spread. Mobility is a bit of an issue but its getting better today. Cheers for all the well wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Did they remove the whole testical or just the tumour?

Did you know they can fit prosthetic ones? (My dad didn't opt for a prosthesis but I know someone that did)

It's really good that you caught it early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Love the new username Damo :), what a film.

January wrote: »
    Did they remove the whole testical or just the tumour?

Did you know they can fit prosthetic ones? (My dad didn't opt for a prosthesis but I know someone that did)

It's really good that you caught it early enough.

They removed the whole testicle. To be honest it all hurt an awful lot less than I thought it was going to do. Yeah they mentioned that I can get a prosthesis fitted but to be honest I don't think I'll bother (sure who's going to see).

They seem to be happy enough with how I'm progressing, they only want me to stay till Monday so I'm not waiting months to get a CT scan done.

It's amazing how your mindset can change over time though. If it had happened 6 months or so ago chances are I probably would have done nothing about it and used it as a pretext for a one way ticket to Zurich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Love the new username Damo :), what a film.

Has she gone into labour yet?? Isn't she due around now? :)

• Advertisement

P_1 wrote: »
    They removed the whole testicle. To be honest it all hurt an awful lot less than I thought it was going to do. Yeah they mentioned that I can get a prosthesis fitted but to be honest I don't think I'll bother (sure who's going to see).

They seem to be happy enough with how I'm progressing, they only want me to stay till Monday so I'm not waiting months to get a CT scan done.

It's amazing how your mindset can change over time though. If it had happened 6 months or so ago chances are I probably would have done nothing about it and used it as a pretext for a one way ticket to Zurich.

I'm so glad it all seems to be going so smoothly. :) i doubt many people would care about one testicle being removed if you're getting, er, intimate, anyway.

Has she gone into labour yet?? Isn't she due around now? :)

Due today :), in the Coombe yesterday she was told 24 to 48 for labour going by the doctors judgement so were hoping arrival is imminent :).

I'm so glad it all seems to be going so smoothly. :) i doubt many people would care about one testicle being removed if you're getting, er, intimate, anyway.

True! I'd imagine people being much more interested in the meat than the veg ;)

Also one batch of the 6 week lack of mobility will do me fine thank you very much!

Due today :), in the Coombe yesterday she was told 24 to 48 for labour going by the doctors judgement so were hoping arrival is imminent :).

Oh god, properly on baby-watch now! Hope it all goes smoothly for you both :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSytQS7Y9GIcyiso4TVsGoCHpGnJdY0_m-vSelfiABqOd5_guBf

In advance chief. Hope it all goes well for ye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

All the best for it Marty. How's mammy doing. I remember my little one been born. Was most disgusting yet beautiful moment of my life. Once they cleaned her off there she was. Little pink purpley thing wrapped up in blankets and had little smile on her face.
    Jesus think I'm gettin bit broody here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Day One of Dublin Comic Con and I had an absolute blast. Tired from wandering around but raring to go for tomorrow. :)
    Here's a pic of me with a stormtropper! :D
    317811.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

You didn even recognise me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Good luck Marty!! I know someone in labour as we speak, so it's all excitement!!

Glad to hear you are doing well P_1, can't be an easy thing but sounds like it's all very positive, so onwards and upwards!

Not long in, spent the evening looking up the new surface. Himself is getting me it as a joint anniversary/birthday/going-back-to-college-and-qualifying as a teacher pressie! He's amazing! I'm very excited! It's not out until the 28 August, but that will fly in! Sure I start in the school on 22 August and in college on the 26 August...that is terrifyingly close...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

So no one knows me here but also no one realy cares about this in real life but...

I just confirmed a booking with Chris Crooks for a sleeve! Wooooooo!

I'm being prank called since January by two young teenage girls.
    It's getting ridiculous, I have been called about 5 or 6 times today alone. Let her ramble on for 25 minutes last night. I was called every name under the sun.
    I think it is time to change my number.

So no one knows me here but also no one realy cares about this in real life but...

I just confirmed a booking with Chris Crooks for a sleeve! Wooooooo!

If you want to jump in and start posting, we'll know you soon :)

Nice one! What you getting done (something japanese, i presume!)? I'd say that'll cost a pretty penny :)

If you want to jump in and start posting, we'll know you soon :)

Nice one! What you getting done (something japanese, i presume!)? I'd say that'll cost a pretty penny :)

Aye will cost a bloody fortune but I've ages to save. Gonna go for a Koi and possibly a Hannya mask somewhere in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Aye will cost a bloody fortune but I've ages to save. Gonna go for a Koi and possibly a Hannya mask somewhere in there as well.

What's his waiting list like these days?

I'm booked for Feb 2016.

• Advertisement

Jebus that's some waiting list! It'll be well worth the wait though I'd imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

kellief wrote: »
    I'm being prank called since January by two young teenage girls.
    It's getting ridiculous, I have been called about 5 or 6 times today alone. Let her ramble on for 25 minutes last night. I was called every name under the sun.
    I think it is time to change my number.

Is the number withheld?
    Maybe have a word with the Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Why is it that when I'm off work it rains but back in work it's sunny and birds are fcukin chirpin

Star Lord wrote: »
    Is the number withheld?
    Maybe have a word with the Gardai?

It's a withheld number, I'm going to head to the Gardai I think. I was hoping to get down this morning, but it will be tomorrow. It's just getting beyond irritating at this stage, you should hear the voicemails she is leaving!

Anyone here familiar with Barry "Jazz" Finnegan?
    He was at Comic Con last weekend and I've just spent the last hour fawning over his art. Absolutely gorgeous stuff. I hope to find out how much he charges for comissions and possibly get some artwork done up for my bedroom.

Anyhoo, how're ye all? I'm worn out from having too much fun but I'm happy. Right now, I have to air the house out as we recently got the sitting room ceiling repainted and sweet Jebus, the reek of paint fumes!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

been a fan of his work for ages.feckin deadly he is

Just heard Robin Williams died. :(:(
    7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

I've seen barry jazz do work in real time, he's unreal!

Went down to the garda station yesterday, they said it does constitute harassment (she called me 8 times the day before!!!). They can make a case but I need to put up with it for 3 weeks, keep records of everything. I think I may just change my number!

Totally shocked about robin Williams. .m

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

kellief wrote: »
    Went down to the garda station yesterday, they said it does constitute harassment (she called me 8 times the day before!!!). They can make a case but I need to put up with it for 3 weeks, keep records of everything. I think I may just change my number!

TBH, I'd just put up with it and keep the records, rather than let them just get away with it.

• Advertisement

Howdy all :)

So my little baby girl was born last night :) Mammy and baby doing great. Us men have it so easy.

Advertisement