Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Howdy all :)

So my little baby girl was born last night :) Mammy and baby doing great. Us men have it so easy.

Ah mate, delighted for you! :) bet you're feeling fantastic :) is she gorgeous??

Glad to hear mammy and baby are doing well.

So happy for you :)

Just had a snoop on your fb, and she's beautiful, marty. Hope you're all well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Congrats Marty.

I have 2 girls you will end up playing with dolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

dinorebel wrote: »
    Congrats Marty.

I have 2 girls you will end up playing with dolls.

Your doing it wrong :)
    My little girl comes fishing and carries the dead rabbits I shoot :)
    Congrats Marty. Delighted for ya. Be prepared to be wrapped around her little finger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Congrats Marty! Make sure to let us know what ye decide to name her :)

• Advertisement

Your doing it wrong :)
    My little girl comes fishing and carries the dead rabbits I shoot :)
    Congrats Marty. Delighted for ya. Be prepared to be wrapped around her little finger
    Trying to get them into boxing but no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Howdy all :)

So my little baby girl was born last night :) Mammy and baby doing great. Us men have it so easy.

Congrats buddy!! Delighted for you!!! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats Marty delighted for you both :) Enjoy every second, even the trying times!

January wrote: »
    Congrats Marty delighted for you both :) Enjoy every second, even the trying times!

I thought the birth of the baby meant they already enjoyed the 'trying' times ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Congrats Marty!! Got sent home myself today. Been given a preliminary 'all clear' but need to pop in in a few weeks time to get the official results. Relieved isn't the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Congrats to both Marty and P_1!!! :D

Good news all round!

dinorebel wrote: »
    Trying to get them into boxing but no luck so far.

Sure they'd only be punching the head off ya then :)
    My little one loves fishing with me. Waiting for decent weather before I being her out again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Congrats Marty! Delighted for you!

I've been doing a serious amount of thinking and I think I'm going to change my number. They haven't contacted me in a few days so I think they are bored already. After a good chat with the gardai, they said it could go on for over a year and because they are kids, it's going to be really difficult to even trace her, so I don't think it's worth the stress. I'm already stressed out over it!
    It's not good for me health wise either, I'm already at high risk of developing more ulcers and I'm about to start my second masters, so that's going to be even more stress! Ugh I hate making big decisions like this, but I think it's better for me now to just cut my losses and change.

I've spent the evening drinking some IPA and also Paulaner, eating take away and watching documentaries with the boyfriend. I'm enjoying my day off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Thanks for all the congrats everyone :). Bring on playing with dolls and pink everywhere :pac:.

Delighted to hear your news P1 :).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Congrats Marty! Time to be a grown up now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Marty she is just gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

P_1 wrote: »
    True! I'd imagine people being much more interested in the meat than the veg ;)

(Watch from 38 second on.)

In all seriousness though glad to hear you got the all clear.

Congratulations Marty she's gorgeous.

So how is everyone. Been busy busy with work and moving and the like but more or less settled now. Missing my friends and family a bit and depression has been at me a bit of late but other than that life's going really good. I did stand up comedy last night and had a ball with it. Definitely going to do it again soon.

Was just out having a smoke and heard the cries of a kitten. There under me she'd were 5 little heads poking out from under me shed. As much as I hate cats they're pretty cute little feckers.
    Grown up pretty quick aswell. Reckon they're about 5 weeks old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

hey congrats marty.nobody can understand the extent of how much one can love until they become parents.we're saps man

sorry to bring down the mood guys but we found my younger brother dead tuesday evening i'm so lost i dunno what to be doing.i'm trying to stay strong for my poor mam and dad yet need an outlet to vent for myself.my wifes normally my rock but she's worse than i am and i end up comforting her when i try to talk.my close friends are so socially awkward that we can just share a beer in silence or chat about menial things and ignore my feelings.i'm just so fcucking lost and need to know its going to be ok in the end.i don't mean to be ranting but i need to get it off my chest somewhere and this is the only other place i can think of

• Advertisement

hey congrats marty.nobody can understand the extent of how much one can love until they become parents.we're saps man

sorry to bring down the mood guys but we found my younger brother dead tuesday evening i'm so lost i dunno what to be doing.i'm trying to stay strong for my poor mam and dad yet need an outlet to vent for myself.my wifes normally my rock but she's worse than i am and i end up comforting her when i try to talk.my close friends are so socially awkward that we can just share a beer in silence or chat about menial things and ignore my feelings.i'm just so fcucking lost and need to know its going to be ok in the end.i don't mean to be ranting but i need to get it off my chest somewhere and this is the only other place i can think of

Oh god, I'm so sorry for your loss *hug*

It will be okay, eventually. Not now, probably not for a long time, but it will, eventually.

Spend time with your family. You sound like a fantastic support to your parents and wife, but you need somebody to talk to, too.

Maybe have a look at the bereavement forum here on boards, but feel free to talk here when you need to. You don't have to always be strong for your family. You're hurting, and you're allowed to show and feel it. X

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Feel free to rant away man. Really sorry about your brother, losing a family member is a terrible thing to have to deal with, and it's not unusual to just feel numb or to feel you have to be strong for the rest of them, just remember that you need your own time to grieve and to deal with how you're feeling too.

Like G_S said, the bereavement forum here is a great resource here too, and people there may be able to help you deal with it and help with things you may not even have thought of yet.

And we're here too any time you need to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Thanks guys i didn't even know there was a bereavement forum I'll head straight over

Thanks guys i didn't even know there was a bereavement forum I'll head straight over

Still feel free to talk about it here, mate. We're here to listen.

I never posted in it, but read the bereavement forum a lot when two people close to me died, aand I found it really comforting to know others understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

baron, first of all my sincere condolences on your loss. You're among friends here so feel free to vent away. As others have said there's a Bereavement forum here under Soc > Personal Issues.

Look after yourself man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Oh my god, I'm so sorry for your loss Baron. I'm not so good at consoling people but I can only imagine the pain you're going through right now. We're all here for you if you need to get anything off your chest x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Condolences Baron. It's not easy to lose someone and unfortunately time is the only healer.

Make sure you find some way to express your own emotions, being strong all the time doesn't help.

Can only repeat what others are saying here try not to hold it in I did when my brother died and it makes things harder.The bereavement forum is great for talking things out if you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Really sorry to hear about your loss Baron.

Just to echo what other have said feel free to pm or vent here if needs be whatever helps.

• Advertisement

Chest infection is fecking off.

I was feeling so bad that I had to go home sick from work yesterday, so went to the gp today.

Turns out that although my chest infection is almost gone, I now have a viral infection. So, bedrest, water and paracetamol. I've been signed off work, but can't afford to miss anymore work, so I'm still gonna go to work tomorrow.

Advertisement