Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah Domantis is great, and with Bam's style I'd see him mashing pieces together is no problem it'll look great.

Saw he's doing a convention in the UK so I'd say he'll come over eventually, probably looking to travel a bit now that he's not at Kult Fest and looking to raise a bit of publicity for his own place.

I'm heading straight to Prague and then Berlin after Bielsko Biala, I don't know many artists working out of Prague but I could get several full body suits from artists in Berlin alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Just saw on instagram that a girl I went to college with got a finger tattoo. Pretty bad move I think since she works in the hospitality industry and as far as I'm aware doesn't have a long term job yet. Each to their own though I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm getting ready to go to school :O really excited to start. I have my induction day today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Happy birthday, PKM. have a wonderful day :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

January wrote: »
    How is baby girl doing Marty?

She's doing great such an animated little face and constantly hungry waking up more and more now looking around at the world.
    Yeah Domantis is great, and with Bam's style I'd see him mashing pieces together is no problem it'll look great.

Saw he's doing a convention in the UK so I'd say he'll come over eventually, probably looking to travel a bit now that he's not at Kult Fest and looking to raise a bit of publicity for his own place.

I'm heading straight to Prague and then Berlin after Bielsko Biala, I don't know many artists working out of Prague but I could get several full body suits from artists in Berlin alone.

Yea think Bam could easily mash them together with the style he has. My biggest problem is there are to many artists I want to work on me.

Yea think he will Dublin Ink really seem to be pushing for him to come over more than I have seen them do for any other artist.

Nice trip yea Berlin I can think of a few myself not many in Prague or Czech Republic for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Happy birthday PKM!

Decided I'm joining a gym once the scar from the surgery has healed up. I'm not too unfit but I could do with getting the belly a bit flatter. Not too keen on bulking up with muscle though.

P_1 wrote: »
    Happy birthday PKM!

Decided I'm joining a gym once the scar from the surgery has healed up. I'm not too unfit but I could do with getting the belly a bit flatter. Not too keen on bulking up with muscle though.

Most won't bulk up with muscle unless they train for it, just eat clean train well the belly will go and you will tone up a bit in the process :).

Getting a belly is what edged me towards going the gym to.

You healing up ok? I'd imagine it's a bit of a nuisance area for healing :cool:.

Most won't bulk up with muscle unless they train for it, just eat clean train well the belly will go and you will tone up a bit in the process :).

Getting a belly is what edged me towards going the gym to.

You healing up ok? I'd imagine it's a bit of a nuisance area for healing :cool:.

Ah I'm healing up grand, the scar is at the scabbing stage and I'm fighting the urge to lash a load of Bepanthin on it. Feel grand physically and the mobility seems to be fully back so for now its a case of resisting the urge to push myself too hard which is much easier said than done.

On the plus side my guitar playing skills are improving immeasurably thanks to the enforced layoff :pac:

Happy birthday PKM!!
    Today was brilliant, really enjoyed my induction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Happy birthday PKM :)

Glad to hear the baby is well Marty and that you're healing well P_1.

kellief, good luck! Great to hear you enjoyed your induction.

4 months to the wedding lads... still a few bits left to do :eek:

• Advertisement

My mam is back in hospital :/ bad reaction to a blood infusion (how it differs to a transfusion is not something I've look into). Supposed to give her an immune system (she has none due to how ill she is), but she's reacted badly to it. Joy.

Had a row with the bf last night, which was sorted within a few hours, and he texted me today to tell me he has a present for me when i go over to his tomorrow :)

It sounds like an infusion adds something to the blood while a transfusion swaps old blood for new blood if that makes any sense, might be worth asking over on one of the health science forums though, either way I hope your mam gets well soon.

P_1 wrote: »
    It sounds like an infusion adds something to the blood while a transfusion swaps old blood for new blood if that makes any sense, might be worth asking over on one of the health science forums though, either way I hope your mam gets well soon.

If i researched everything wrong with my mam, I'd never be offline :pac: I think you're right though that iinfusions add blood, transfusions replace lost blood

Hopefully it'll be nothing serious :)

If i researched everything wrong with my mam, I'd never be offline :pac: I think you're right though that iinfusions add blood, transfusions replace lost blood

Hopefully it'll be nothing serious :)

It sounds like her body having a WTF moment trying to process the added blood but hopefully the docs will be able to give you a more educated answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I did that ice bucket challenge thing...... Most unpleasant!!! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Just back from recruit camp with the army reserves. Shattered but very happy.
    And my friend has moved in as my flatmate with all his homebrewing equipment. Woot

My mam waited nearly 18 Fcuking hours before a doctor saw her, because they FORGOT about her.

She's been admitted now, so has to stay in and has to get a brain scan done soon

gregers85 wrote: »
    I did that ice bucket challenge thing...... Most unpleasant!!! Ha

Ha I'd imagine so I just got nominated for it by one the lads in work normally I'd say fcuk off but it's for a good cause so ill give it a bash tomorrow with a hangover just to make it more interesting ha.

Hope you man is ok green screen :(

Ha I'd imagine so I just got nominated for it by one the lads in work normally I'd say fcuk off but it's for a good cause so ill give it a bash tomorrow with a hangover just to make it more interesting ha.

Hope you man is ok green screen :(

It might shock the hangover out of you :) my little sister is doing it tomorrow and nominating me :( i already donated through text, but I suppose it'll do no harm to soak myself.

Thanks marty :) how's the little one? The collage pic your missus put on fb is lovely :)

I was thinking same yesterday but taught it'll make or break the hangover so didn't chance it got it out of way last night before I went out haha

• Advertisement

My mam waited nearly 18 Fcuking hours before a doctor saw her, because they FORGOT about her.

She's been admitted now, so has to stay in and has to get a brain scan done soon

Health system is a disgusting joke!!! Had a similar situation with the OH's father few weeks ago, left him on a trolley over night without being seen, then when the doctor seen him said he should have gone in sooner he could have died!!
    What difference would it have made he would still been on a trolley without care ffs!!
    Rant over!

Really hope your man is ok GS!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Was welding today and for short period I didn't use mask and I possibly have arc eye now.
    Eye is really sore and I have a small black dot on my cornea.
    I may end up in A&E later over it. Keep tearing up and my eye and around it is swollen. Was welding under a bin truck and some parts I couldn't see what I was doing with the mask on so had no choice.
    Wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. In fcukin agony now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ouch DA... get yourself to a&e just in case.

(As an aside, I hope it was an Oxigen bin truck... those bastards keep telling me their trucks keep breaking down on my collection day, it's happened 3 times in a row now.)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

January wrote: »
    Ouch DA... get yourself to a&e just in case.

(As an aside, I hope it was an Oxigen bin truck... those bastards keep telling me their trucks keep breaking down on my collection day, it's happened 3 times in a row now.)

Was an Allied waste. They're all cocks anyway.
    Currently sitting in my bed with the little one and watching Peter Pan. I'm wearing sunglasses and it's helping my eye anyway

Ouch Dodder!

I'm in school tomorrow for a full day, going to be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Did the Bucket challenge today as did my 6 yr old daughter she handled it better than I did.

Done the ice bucket challenge today with a hangover not good at all couldn't get the clothes off me quick enough ended up starkers in the back garden ha.
    It might shock the hangover out of you :) my little sister is doing it tomorrow and nominating me :( i already donated through text, but I suppose it'll do no harm to soak myself.

Thanks marty :) how's the little one? The collage pic your missus put on fb is lovely :)

Sure you might as well soak yourself :)

She's grand spending more time awake now looking around at the world nearly all done with visitors now thank god :)

Yea was a good collage she done of her people keep commenting on how animated she already Defo going to daddy wrapped around her little finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Bought another decorative skull to add to my admittedly very modest collection. It has a little divet in the top to pop a tealight in it. :)
    That said, my dream is to own a real, bleached and stripped horned goat's skull. They look ****ing amazing and I don't care if it makes me look like a devil worshipper- so help me I will have one mounted on my wall. Some day.. yup.
    So, yeah- I'm obsessed with skulls. :P
    Anyways, how're y'all doing tonight?
    I've been gleefully grooving to a variety of music on the auld Spotify and wracking my brains wondering what movie to go see tomorrow if the weather is dour enough.
    Lucy looks interesting enough...
    Anyways, how's everyone? Marty, I saw that pic of your babba on the Kow Your Forumers thread. She's gorgeous! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Flatmate is teaching me to brew beer. Yup.

Advertisement