Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

jenizzle wrote: »
    Apparently getting drunk helps when answering these questions. It appears I found this a good tactic :p

That's your answer for everything.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Orim wrote: »
    That's your answer for everything.

Hey, I'll have you know it's been a couple of months since I've been hammered :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hey, I'll have you know it's been a couple of months since I've been hammered :D

Can't be the only one who read that different :)

Can't be the only one who read that different :)

Durtburd :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

McChubbin wrote: »

The Carlos Torres ribs/chest piece and Den Yakovlev back piece in there are probably my favourite tattoos on the internet.

Incredible work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Went over t my Artist to see his plans for me sleeve for next Friday and he's come up with a design that I think it's savage
    I know most aren't into tribal but it's a nice Piece of work. Gonna finally complete my half sleeve to full.
    Can't wait for next Friday and birthday weekend aswell.

So, I just discovered Nikko Hurtado's Instagram account. I sort of knew his work from seeing Jeffree Star promote him along with THAT infamous tattoo on Cheryl Fernandez-Versini's arse.
    Sweet baby Jesus, his stuff is INCREDIBLE. That Uncle Fester tat alone had me weeping happy tears as I love all things Addams Family. If I had a few thousand dollars at my disposable I would have him ink a portrait of Angelica Houston's Morticia on my left forearm as I am in love with his realistic style.
    This is was my exact reaction after looking through his portfolio:
    Jimmy-Pesto-Jr-Dancing-Gif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey guys. I did not wanted to make a whole thread just for few questions. I wondered if I could get an answer here.

I am planing on getting tattoo done. Was thinking about for good few months and now I got a design in my head. I cant really find even similar design online, so I would be going to artist with just pretty much "I got an idea in my head... :pac:" Is it acceptable to come to artist without even a sketch or example, and just describe your idea?
    I presume it will cost just to make a design it self, which is 100% fair enough, but I wonder how much would stuff like that usually costs?
    When I would have design done, could I still just have it on paper for a month or two just to "make sure" that I like it, with no pressure? I dont want to jump in with pants down, but I dont want to be a time waster for artist too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I cant really find even similar design online, so I would be going to artist with just pretty much "I got an idea in my head... :pac:" Is it acceptable to come to artist without even a sketch or example, and just describe your idea?

That's definitely fine, but you should spend time looking at the artists portfolios online and pick one that is familiar with the style, or at least will be comfortable interpreting, of the design you have in your head.
    I presume it will cost just to make a design it self, which is 100% fair enough, but I wonder how much would stuff like that usually costs?

It's going to vary but in my experience if you do put money down for the design during consultation, they'll deduct that from the total when you get it done. But as I said, it'll depend on the artist/shop.
    When I would have design done, could I still just have it on paper for a month or two just to "make sure" that I like it, with no pressure?

In my experience most won't let you leave with the design, you'll just view it there. I guess that might be so you don't end up going to another artist with it, but I don't know. Same as above, it'll depend on the artist, some probably will give it to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

nm wrote: »
    That's definitely fine, but you should spend time looking at the artists portfolios online and pick one that is familiar with the style, or at least will be comfortable interpreting, of the design you have in your head.

It's going to vary but in my experience if you do put money down for the design during consultation, they'll deduct that from the total when you get it done. But as I said, it'll depend on the artist/shop.

In my experience most won't let you leave with the design, you'll just view it there. I guess that might be so you don't end up going to another artist with it, but I don't know. Same as above, it'll depend on the artist, some probably will give it to you.

Thanks a lot. I will look in to work of a local artist more, then I might check a few artist in Cork.
    If anyone got any got recommendations in Cork, then feel free to shout out!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Long time no speak..Have my sleeve booked for the 18th..cant fecking wait--best part is its my Xmas pressie from my wife!!!

Thanks a lot. I will look in to work of a local artist more, then I might check a few artist in Cork.
    If anyone got any got recommendations in Cork, then feel free to shout out!

Love Hate Social Club is probably the best place in Cork.
    Hellrazer wrote: »
    Long time no speak..Have my sleeve booked for the 18th..cant fecking wait--best part is its my Xmas pressie from my wife!!!

This is why I hate being single. No awesome pressies. What's the plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Love Hate Social Club is probably the best place in Cork.

This is why I hate being single. No awesome pressies. What's the plan?

I'm starting my pant leg december 23rd, funded by not having to buy someone else stuff for xmas.

To me,

You deserve this

From, Me

This is why I hate being single. No awesome pressies.

As RayRay said, no money wasted on anyone not deserving of it :D Saving myself loads by being single this xmas :(

Anyone here know if Guinness' Dublin Porter is a seasonal thing only or actually available all year round?
    I'm on my 2nd bottle at the moment and loving every drop of the dark, malty goodness.
    Anyhoo, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas in my gaff! We got our yearly hamper of meat cuts, ice cream and booze today, the tree is going up on Sunday and aside from having to send a package to a mate in the States, I'm pretty much done with t'shopping.
    Also, this was on the radio today:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I can't seem to get into Christmas this year... I just keep thinking wedding wedding wedding...

This day 3 weeks I'll be married :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hi-de-ho neighbours!
    Sorry I've been absent lately, this teaching lark keeps you busy!! It's almost Christmas, I cannot wait! I have loads of plans to do nothing!! My sister is home for a week, tomorrow week!! I'm so excited!

January, I bet you can't wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I love my new job.
    I'm off smokes nearly a month.
    My boyfriend quit smoking 3 days ago, too.
    My sister came home for a weekend last month.
    I've somehow lost weight, probably because of the 9-10 hour work days + 4 hours commuting not leaving me time to eat anything really.
    All of my Christmas shopping is done, except my boyfriend's present, which I'm getting on Friday.

I love my life. Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Sounds amazing jingle balls!! :)

I am really enjoying teaching too. I don't get paid yet, but I know teaching is definitely the way I am meant to spend my life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

As RayRay said, no money wasted on anyone not deserving of it :D Saving myself loads by being single this xmas :(

wait till valentines when you realise nobody cares about you :pac:

Me tree is up! There's a ton of decorations strewn over every surface of my living room. It looks like Christmas threw up in it! :D
    I'm about to put my gifts down under the tree and get a takeaway. Good times!

wait till valentines when you realise nobody cares about you :pac:

Valentines pints, anyone? :D

Valentines pints, anyone? :D

How about some Monday pints instead? Preferably in my office cause I'm bored.

Tk nfjei mebrj oenehr nepamf I norm pw wldmrny s zee height fj bank ksnenrn

Speaking of ATMs, finished a bunch of night shifts yesterday and tried to get some money out. Took me a good minute to realise why my leap card wasn't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

You really have to stop turning off autocorrect on your phone!

Star Lord wrote: »
    You really have to stop turning off autocorrect on your phone!

I don't think I've ever used autocorrect on this phone.

What i need is to stop drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do you even remember what you might have been trying to say??

Advertisement