Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

January wrote: »
    Do you even remember what you might have been trying to say??

Based on what i had in my sent texts list, I'm 99% certain that I just got bored and whacked my keyboard repeatedly, because texts to mmy boyfriend, while terribly written, were legible :pac:

I'm still recovering. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Star Lord wrote: »

...and a happy new year!

Watched it last night, great movie!

Happy Damomas for tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Feels like ages since I watched that but I'm fairly certain it was last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

`newntattoo is looking good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Star Lord wrote: »

LOL - was watching that this morning!

Happy Christmas all. Between the two jobs (yes, I'm back at the bouncing for the Christmas, they pleaded!) and moving house, I'm not around much. Hope to get back to some kind of normality in January. But in the meantime, hope you all have a great day with family/friends/loved ones.

Take care. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey guys. I was just wanted to hear your opinion on this.

I came across this website and it really intrigued me.

http://www.tattoodo.com/custom

I have an idea in my head and I have not came across any designs online. This would be perfect for me to get design made and then I could just go and have it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Hey guys. I was just wanted to hear your opinion on this.

I came across this website and it really intrigued me.

http://www.tattoodo.com/custom

I have an idea in my head and I have not came across any designs online. This would be perfect for me to get design made and then I could just go and have it done.

Or just, you know, talk to an artist?

What Adiboo said.
    It's the artist that's going to be putting it onto/into your skin, if you don't trust them to design it right for you, then you're not looking hard enough for the right artist!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Well, thats why I asked for opinion. It is my first time ( gigidi ) and I like to know my options and find a best way.

I am now on 8 days 12h shift binge and only god knows whats after. As soon as I got at least few minutes spare ill pop in to Studio that I have my eye on and will have a chat in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

How's everyone doing? Hope ye all had a lovely Christmas.

Had a quiet one myself which was nice. Spent some time with friends and family. Flying back to York tomorrow morning. I know York is the right place for me right now but being home causes a little bit of doubt to creep in. I miss the people definitely. :( (But then if I came back here I'd miss my friends in York so...)

I got my nipples pierced today. Expected them to hurt to much more than they did. Still have the plasters on but from what I remember they look cool. I've got €20 left on my AWOL voucher now. No plans on how to use it yet but might not be back for a while so have time to think about it. :P

Speaking of AWOL, while Áine and Sarah are great was gutted to find out Marcello left, definitely my favourite piercer. If I wasn't using a voucher I would have gone to him in Victor's I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Aside from lovely presents from him on Christmas day, my boyfriend surprised me massively on the 27th... He asked me to move into his apartment :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Oh, I didn't realise Marcello was gone, that's a shame. It's been a good while since I was in AWOL I guess.

And that's cool Balls.

Happy new year my fellow inky/metally people!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

And a fine new year to you sir.

Now there's a bunch of 18 year olds that were born the same year as Men in Black was released. Oh and Toy Story is 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Happy newmas!
    Hope ye are all well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

All good here!

Wedding was amazzziiiiing! I am now a married woman! Would seriously love to do it all again but being on the go all day is exhausting literally the only time we got to ourselves during the day was the five minutes before we were introduced before the meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

January wrote: »
    All good here!

Wedding was amazzziiiiing! I am now a married woman! Would seriously love to do it all again but being on the go all day is exhausting literally the only time we got to ourselves during the day was the five minutes before we were introduced before the meal.

Yay!! Congratulations!!! Glad you enjoyed yourselves! x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Howdy all.

Just a quick PSA, just cropped up on my facebook that Remis has a cancellation slot going in Dublin this Thursday, so if anyone has the funds/time now may be an opportune time to pop him a quick mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

P_1 wrote: »
    Howdy all.

Just a quick PSA, just cropped up on my facebook that Remis has a cancellation slot going in Dublin this Thursday, so if anyone has the funds/time now may be an opportune time to pop him a quick mail

Not any more :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

nm wrote: »
    Not any more :)

Great news, what are you getting done? He'll do a great job with whatever you're thinking of.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Great news, what are you getting done? He'll do a great job with whatever you're thinking of.

Cheers. I'm not 100% sure what I'm getting yet tbh as it wasn't really planned, sort of a opportunistic tattoo coming up - have some space on my side (ribs) going spare so that's where it'll be, going for a consultation tomorrow to run through some ideas so will get it nailed down then.

Thanks P_1 for the heads up!

Cheers. I'm not 100% sure what I'm getting yet tbh as it wasn't really planned, sort of a opportunistic tattoo coming up - have some space on my side (ribs) going spare so that's where it'll be, going for a consultation tomorrow to run through some ideas so will get it nailed down then.

Thanks P_1 for the heads up!

He'll have plenty of ideas , and he will spend as much time as it takes getting the right one that will work in that area, and ultimately something you will want. Its actually a joy to watch his creative process as he puts images together and gets a really unique tattoo for you. Hes a very talented lad.You have chosen well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Orim wrote: »
    Toy Story is 20 years old.
    Well, sheet. I'm officially old. I was 7 when the first one came out and I remember how magical it was seeing it in the cinema for the first time.
    "What?! It was made in a COMPUTER?! What a time to be alive!"
    Easily the first fully CGI movie to get me started with my animation obsession. :)
    Anyhoo, got a quote from Fernando at Swords Ink for my next tattoo. A neat €200 for 2 and half to 3 hours of work on an Aku Aku mask with Hawaiian-style flowers and colors. When he saw the design and reference pictures I provided, he grinned and said "Ooooh, I like it!" which bodes well for me.
    I popped a few bob in the ink fund today. Just another €140 to go.
    Question: Is a €20 tip on a €200 tattoo standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

The standard is no tip. Tips are very rare. Anything extra will be appreciated.

Adiboo wrote: »
    The standard is no tip. Tips are very rare. Anything extra will be appreciated.
    Ahh, okay. Just wondering what the protocol was as it's been a while since my last tat.

Sam Hain wrote: »
    He'll have plenty of ideas , and he will spend as much time as it takes getting the right one that will work in that area, and ultimately something you will want. Its actually a joy to watch his creative process as he puts images together and gets a really unique tattoo for you. Hes a very talented lad.You have chosen well.

You weren't messing. I had a fair few ideas and we went into that dark room he has with the tracing board and the computer and spent no exaggeration about 3 hours going through images, him mixing and matching on photoshop and editing and all the rest. Was amazing being involved in that part, I've never had another artist include me (a customer) in that anywhere.

The result is attached, which I'm delighted with. Will take another session or two to finish so no point in poster the tattoo yet.

The ribs were just about as painful as I'd feared, as usual I was boisterously over-confident in the first hour, but come half way through hour 3 I was bolloxed, couldn't go much beyond that so jumped when he gave me the offer to finish up for the day.

Top artist, top bloke. Can't wait to get it finished.

You weren't messing. I had a fair few ideas and we went into that dark room he has with the tracing board and the computer and spent no exaggeration about 3 hours going through images, him mixing and matching on photoshop and editing and all the rest. Was amazing being involved in that part, I've never had another artist include me (a customer) in that anywhere.

The result is attached, which I'm delighted with. Will take another session or two to finish so no point in poster the tattoo yet.

The ribs were just about as painful as I'd feared, as usual I was boisterously over-confident in the first hour, but come half way through hour 3 I was bolloxed, couldn't go much beyond that so jumped when he gave me the offer to finish up for the day.

Top artist, top bloke. Can't wait to get it finished.

That's gonna look amazing, he'll do a great job with that, don't forget to post it when its finished.

Feeling very down at the moment due to a combination of being irritated over a family member and desperately craving chocolate.
    Had my first gym session on Thursday and went home with my stomach on fire from the 20 minutes of ab crunching I did.
    Still, early days and baby steps. :/ Back in tomorrow with a buddy for support so for now, it's bananas and yogurt to quell the hunger pangs.
    Also: I need a laugh. Someone post something funny to cheer me up. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Hey guys, does anyone know of anyone selling a standing ticket for Slipknot & Korn tomorrow evening by any chance?

Advertisement