Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Haha, I got an itchy spot right on my wrist lol.

Same Here! got my whole forearm done and my elbow!! :(:mad::rolleyes:

On the plus side after 3 yrs, 9 sessions and 7 artists my sleeve is finally finished :D now to start on the left arm haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

You will never know an itch until you get an armpit tattoo itch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah, 2 weeks since I got my tattoo, so poped in to my artist to show the healing process so far. In 2 weeks will have to come in to do tiny bit of fixing and its all perfect then. :)

Opened up a little piggy bank for my second tattoo now. Will be putting away a few quid every week there and hopefully in a month or two month ill be there again doing my second tattoo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Despite knowing what happens, watching the replay of the France game and seeing the French player not kick to touch at the end is horrifying :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

I kept thinking that England would get the try and I was having flashbacks to 09, of the kick right at the end. I don't think I could have taken it.

What a day of rugby though. Fantastic matches all round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Long time no chat in here. Seems to be alot of cobwebs have built up, everyone seems to have got busy :)

Still waiting to try and get an appointment with Andy Engel but it's becoming relentless. Think I'm three years looking now!
    Heading to Oz for a wee holiday though. Any good artists in Perth spring to mind who I might drop a bit of cash on?

No artists in Perth jump out at me. If you really want to get something, could go with a classic swallow for the travel.

I get the feeling everyone's grown up, not as much drunken madness. That and people having babies :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

No, don't want to get just anything. It's only a short holiday so thought I would splash out if any artists jumped out at me but I couldn't think of any. I'll just keep hounding Andy Engels studio :)

Seems that way alright :) Everyone has more important things to be at nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I have not grown up, stopped getting drunk or had babies.

My 4 hour daily commute is destroying me, so I'm not online as much as I used to be. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I had babies before I started posting here lol

Just life getting in the way as per usual.

Hope everyone is well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Hello!! How are ya all?

I've barely been on in months, teaching takes over when you pair it up with college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I just heard Ed Sheeran's song "Small Bump" for the first time and oh dear Jeebus, I was not prepared at all for those last two lines.
    It's a sad song, yes, but it hit me like a punch in the gut at the end.
    Excuse me while I weep forever.

It's funny how everyone pops up when you say no ones been around :P
    My 4 hour daily commute is destroying me, so I'm not online as much as I used to be. :(

I've done that before. Not fun at all. Takes a toll on you.

Long days are what's killing me. Ya think it's worth for the short week but just don't want to do anything on my days off.
    McChubbin wrote: »
    I just heard Ed Sheeran's song "Small Bump" for the first time and oh dear Jeebus, I was not prepared at all for those last two lines.
    It's a sad song, yes, but it hit me like a punch in the gut at the end.
    Excuse me while I weep forever.

Haven't heard that one but I just find Ed Sheeran so bland. Probably cause I don't really listen to lyrics. I just expect them to blend with the music.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Cant stick Sheeran...but that's only cos the kids are saying I look like him since I grew a beard..This is my viber pic.

Yep the one on the left.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Have another 4 hours session on the sleeve this weekend aswell.

All the white is done and the 3d effect.Starting on the colours now.

Going with teal (wtf) and orange!!

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Have another 4 hours session on the sleeve this weekend aswell.

All the white is done and the 3d effect.Starting on the colours now.

Going with teal (wtf) and orange!!

Looks good. Pic looks so very stock though. Expect to see a big Shutterstock watermark across it.

Orim wrote: »
    Looks good. Pic looks so very stock though. Expect to see a big Shutterstock watermark across it.

More to show you the idea...I've had the tribal bit or 10 + years.Wanted colour in it and saw that somewhere.Mine is more tribally whereas the pic there is more swirly.

More to show you the idea...I've had the tribal bit or 10 + years.Wanted colour in it and saw that somewhere.Mine is more tribally whereas the pic there is more swirly.

Ah clears that up. Wasn't sure :pac:

Good idea and the colours look interesting.

Howyaz! :D
    Got lucky on a horse at Fairyhouse today. Came in first place so that's a cool €50 in the ink fund.
    Good stuff! I'm debating a somewhat drastic change of hairstyle as the weather warms up.
    Torn between a pixie crop or a mid-length bob with a shaved section underneath. Hoping to get the chop within the next two weeks as me birthday is coming up soon and I'm sick of all this boring grown out hair. Looking for something a bit funkier, don'tcha know? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Remis just finished on my ribs, he said he could probably do a bit more detail in the future if I want but for now it's a finished piece.
    Happy enough to leave it at that too as I was bolloxed (ribs is bad).

Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't forget to pop up a pic in the show you mine thread (assuming you wish to share it) for us to see!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Don't forget to pop up a pic in the show you mine thread (assuming you wish to share it) for us to see!

He took some pics but as half was healed and half was fresh, it looks a bit weird so not sure if he'll put those up. When it's ready I'll definitely put a healed one in the thread though, I'm well happy with it.

Im in absolute shock.My 6 year old got her ears pierced in Claires today and do you know how much it was??

70 ****ing euros.70 euros!!!!!

Seriously 70 euros with a ****ing gun.

Now my other daughter wants them done.Are there any piercing shops that will pierce kids ears??

Ill be broke if this keeps up!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Im in absolute shock.My 6 year old got her ears pierced in Claires today and do you know how much it was??

Now my other daughter wants them done.Are there any piercing shops that will pierce kids ears??

I would go in and having ****ing words, 70 ****ing euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

€70?!

Were they solid gold diamond earrings or something?

That is crazy

Word on the grapevine (read: Skin City Ink's FB page) is that Atilla Bona has left Wildcat Ink Stephen's Green to take up residency in SCI.
    I've heard good things about this studio though I'd like to know, for my own clarification, how much they generally charge per hour.
    When he was in Wildcat Ink, Atilla was so kind and gracious in taking his time talking me through the overall placement, shading and detailing of my proposed tattoo idea (A black and grey human skull with a purple rose). I was quoted between €200-220 which for Atilla's calibre of work is a very good deal indeed. I'm hopeful about getting the tat done before the year's out but if Atilla is unavailable, can anyone recommend a good artist who can do as realistic a skull as possible? Preferably in the Dublin City area.

EDIT: Just poked around on the website- Pawel's stuff is quite good. What's his bedside manner like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He did the bio-mech heart on my chest way back, when he was in Snakebite. He's a good artist, and pretty fast, but he's fairly quiet while he's working. At least he was then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I hate this bedside manner craic, if someone is skilled as **** i dont care what their attitude is like once they do the work, that being said my artist is good craic, actually on that anyone going to belfast tattoo con? roberts bringing my sis up to try finish her backpiece at it, so road tripping

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    He did the bio-mech heart on my chest way back, when he was in Snakebite. He's a good artist, and pretty fast, but he's fairly quiet while he's working. At least he was then!
    Sounds good. Chances are I'd be in too much pain to talk to him. Regarding the whole "bedside manner" malarky, I only ask out of politeness as I don't wish to come across as rude if I opt to listen to music whilst being inked to distract myself from the pain. I'm hoping to pop into Skin City Ink during the week provided life doesn't get in the way so I'll see how things go.

In other news: I just found out that Amanda ****ing Palmer is going to be touring Ireland! :D

Advertisement