Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Good to see ya PKM! Longford? Oh dear... ;)

The Alien Vs. Predator sleeve couldn't turn out as bad as the movies did, so at least there's that! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Good to see ya PKM! Longford? Oh dear... ;)

The Alien Vs. Predator sleeve couldn't turn out as bad as the movies did, so at least there's that! :pac:

Ah..I have no neighbours so I'm happy enough. :pac:

As for the sleeve, if he does it half as good as the horror sleeve, I'll be happy enough. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

My urge to get suspended again is growing alarmingly high!!

Fiona it's about time you and mark did it! ye still have posted one of my favourite things on boards !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

Fiona it's about time you and mark did it! ye still have posted one of my favourite things on boards !

What's that?!

What's that?!

bahahahaha the time he threatened to do something and then did it!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

PKM, you're in the same county as me so :D Enjoy our terrible internet, there's really no escape from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Angron wrote: »
    PKM, you're in the same county as me so :D Enjoy our terrible internet, there's really no escape from it.

It's feckin' brutal!! Had a nightmare even getting the terrible coverage we have. Nobody could do anything for us.. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Alright, PKM! Long time no see! Hope everything is merry in sleepy Longford. Sure, the wind is rattling the windows here in Dublin. At one point, I genuinely thought the roof was going to blow off! D:
    So, how's everyone?
    Quick question- After I get Comic Con out of the way, I'm hoping to get inked. I just wondering- since it's going to be a fairly large piece on my calf area, what would work best in regards to wrapping it up and protecting the fresh ink/open wound?
    I'm of the understanding that clingfilm is regarded with mixed reviews. I was poking around the First aid section of Boots the other day and looking at the gauze-type sterile dressings. Would these be any good for sleeping in? I only ask as I'm not comfortable with having the fresh tattoo exposed while I sleep.
    When I got my first one (a relatively small design on my wrist), I took the clingfilm off after about 2-3 hours as per my artist's advice and let it air out for a bit before taking a very hot shower and gently cleaning the area with just warm water followed by a generous application of Bepanthine cream every 2 hours or so.
    I didn't cover it up for sleep and aside from slathering it in Bepanthine every so often, I did little else to it. That being said, I imagine that a more detailed/larger tattoo would require a slightly different approach.
    Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I've found Dermailzepro quite effective on my most recent work. I think it actually speeds up the healing process and it is great for sleeping. Otherwise if you need to cover it in bed or under clothing any crepe bandage should suffice.

Cheers, Sam. I'll take that advice on board. :)

• Advertisement

Had a brief consultation with the good folks in Color Works. As much as I like Atilla, I'm now torn between him and Marcin in regards to who will be doing my calf piece. I got quoted €400 for 4 hours of work which is not bad considering the high standard of work Marcin produces. All I need to do now is watch my funds. Hoping to get inked before August is out but I need to get Comic Con out of the way first. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Probably the best place to ask this:

Anyone who has a sleeve, how much faith did you put in the artist to design it. And did you start the upper or lower arm first?

Looking at getting a start on mine around October and plan on using the next few months really researching artistes, their styles etc. have the idea in my head of what the theme will be and that I want it full of colour. Past that though, design etc will be a process with the artist. Just as a newb to this I am unsure how much input I can give (if any) in terms of design

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Anyone who has a sleeve, how much faith did you put in the artist to design it. And did you start the upper or lower arm first?

Looking at getting a start on mine around October and plan on using the next few months really researching artistes, their styles etc. have the idea in my head of what the theme will be and that I want it full of colour. Past that though, design etc will be a process with the artist. Just as a newb to this I am unsure how much input I can give (if any) in terms of design

I went to my artist at the time with a theme and a few images that i liked, and left them away with it to design. Was delighted with the outcome. i started on lower half first as this had most of the detail.

Do you know what is bloody genius? Getting a back of the knee tattoo after another tattoo session

Is anyone going to the belfast con?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

Anyone heading to Midleton next weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

I'm nearing the end of my first sleeve with Steve from Galway bay tattoo. I put a tonne of faith into him (too much perhaps but I guess that's always going to be the way!), and we went for a whole sleeve in one go (upper and lower arm). My advice would be to find an artist who is not only talented, buy who also specializes in the style you want and most importantly, try and find one who is just a really decent person. Apart from his mad skills I've loved getting my work from Steve done because he is such a warm, welcoming and caring person. He is so passionate about his work and genuinely loves making friends with his customers, so for me it has made the whole experience amazing. I would say when they get the drafts drawn up for you, ask for a hard copy to take home with you of the design and for a few days to mull it over in private. You need some time to process the ideas and make sure you are 100% comfortable with it.

Guess who's getting a new tattoo next Wednesday! :D I'm booked in with Barry in Swords Ink for a simple script tat on my left arm. It's a small piece- one to tide me over and quell the tattoo itch until I can get my bigger piece- but I am excited as hell!
    Wooo! New tattoo day is coming soon! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

McChubbin wrote: »
    Guess who's getting a new tattoo next Wednesday! :D I'm booked in with Barry in Swords Ink for a simple script tat on my left arm. It's a small piece- one to tide me over and quell the tattoo itch until I can get my bigger piece- but I am excited as hell!
    Wooo! New tattoo day is coming soon! :D

Nice one Im getting my sleeve-the tribally blue/green/orange one hopefully finished on Sunday--Fathers day pressie!!!

I'm in starting my calf piece in 10 or 11 days, been a great year for tattoos and me

• Advertisement

I miss that new tattoo/planning feeling. Need more ink...

I miss that new tattoo/planning feeling. Need more ink...

sleeve, thigh, back of knee so far and soon to be calf. Say I've had 8-10 sessions over the last year or so :D

sleeve, thigh, back of knee so far and soon to be calf. Say I've had 8-10 sessions over the last year or so :D

:( why must you all tease me so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It appears that I'll be getting my coverup done next month :)

:( why must you all tease me so?

Also decided to do my armpit down to join up to my FF piece, starting with more black negative space stuff fading out to more detailed black and grey stuff. Fecking tattoo's man, who needs to do anything else XD

Sounds good! :D I have to save for other stuff though, need to replace my 5/6 year old PC, and to save for getting married etc.

Sounds good! :D I have to save for other stuff though, need to replace my 5/6 year old PC, and to save for getting married etc.

I just build my pc, Pc's are important, marraige not so much!

980Ti going in??

Couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a graphics card! :eek: Most likely a 970! Could always SLI them in future when the prices have come down and I might need better performance.

Couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a graphics card! :eek: Most likely a 970! Could always SLI them in future when the prices have come down and I might need better performance.

970 is a great card have it myself, but the ti is looking sexy, will have to wait a month or two though and be sensible despite the strong want

• Advertisement

Considering I'm running off a 7870, the 970 is a huge step forward as it is, but it's the rest of the system that's left behind in the dust at the minute!

Advertisement