Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB 4.0 - Banter rebooted!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Star Lord wrote: »
    Considering I'm running off a 7870, the 970 is a huge step forward as it is, but it's the rest of the system that's left behind in the dust at the minute!

1200 beans will soup that right up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

RE: Computer speak

:D I jest! Seriously, though, all this talk of graphics cards has reminded me of the fact that I need to update my desktop gaming rig in anticipation of Fallout 4. E3 has made me super excited. THEY REMADE FINAL FANTASY 7! *cue massive squeeling*

McChubbin wrote: »

:D I jest! Seriously, though, all this talk of graphics cards has reminded me of the fact that I need to update my desktop gaming rig in anticipation of Fallout 4. E3 has made me super excited. THEY REMADE FINAL FANTASY 7! *cue massive squeeling*

you saw the graphics right?? a 2001 pc could run 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm saving up monies to replace my mobo and buy a bit more RAM. My CPU and graphics card are fine, but the other bits are holding me back.

Could do with a new HD too, nearly have my 1TB one filled up. I'm reluctant to delete games from my HD cause my net is so awful it takes forever to re-download them.

Tattooing has been moved to Thursday on account of my artist having to attend a funeral. No worries- rescheduled for Thursday 12:30pm so should be all groovy in the garden. I bought a tube of Bepanthiseptic to have on standby- used it in the past on my first tattoo and it really helped speed up the recovery time. No scabbing or itching either. Also picked up a crepe bandage to protect the tat while I'm sleeping.
    Not long to go now! :D I feel like a kid at Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Havint been on this in ages been so busy with work and phone not actin right and yesterday the arrival of my newborn baby girl harper rose. Arrived at half 12 yesterday afternoon at 9.1lb. She huge and beautiful :) happy out. Next is to get her name tattooed on me on my other bicep so gonna get drawing tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Congratulations. Lovely name that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congratulations! Love the name!

Congrats, Dodderangler! :D

Thanks guys. Mammy and baby coming home tomoro. Been looking online at tattoo ideas and lettering fonts for the name. I like the Celtic style with the Celtic knots in the letters. Any good tattoo sites to get ideas?
    Don't just want the name. Want some designs around it aswell

• Advertisement

Something like Pinterest or Instagram is probably your best bet these days.

Aer Lingus is doing flights to New York for 380 return. So I started thinking this might be something I could do. Then I started to thinking that maybe I could hit up Gene Coffey while I'm there. And now I'm playing the waiting game.

Waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry, Hungry Hippos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm sad to note that I've seen a recent upsurge of 'tattoo artists' advertising for house parties on Facebook and people looking for said 'tattoo artists' to do house parties.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Getting antsy to get a new tattoo, I really wanna get a Mewtwo one.

Angron wrote: »
    Getting antsy to get a new tattoo, I really wanna get a Mewtwo one.

I'll be knocking one out in the same vain as my sleeve somewhere between hip and armpit myself, booked in for the end of the month XD

Seen as my tattooist is no longer in the country I've booked myself in for the 27th of July to get my daughters name tattooed on my left bicep.
    Booked it with gunsNtattoos in Lucan. Anyone any experience?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Seen as my tattooist is no longer in the country I've booked myself in for the 27th of July to get my daughters name tattooed on my left bicep.
    Booked it with gunsNtattoos in Lucan. Anyone any experience?

You'd be better off venturing into town, IMO. Not that he's terrible, but by no means the best either.

Getting my lobes repierced next week. My mother offered to reopen the holes using one of her "unused" earrings but since I don't fancy getting an infection (and politely told her so), I'll be popping into Swords Ink to get it done. I also have some light scarring on my left lobe which could do with getting looked at. I also ordered a basic stretching kit from Amazon and once I can find the thread on here with all the sound advice, I'm hoping to start back on gently sizing up my jewellery until I eventually get to 00g. Don't want to go too big but I think that will suit me. :)
    As for my latest tattoo, it's pretty much healed, though it is flaking a tad around both "M"s. Nothing a bit of lotion can't fix. :)
    Already craving a new one! I'd love to get something relating to the movie Death Becomes Her- one of my all-time favorites!
    It's very early days and sure my views could easily change with time but I'm flirting with the idea of a fancy-pants potion bottle and an elegant "Siempre Viva" (Live Forever) script.
    Even so, one for the idea bank! If money was no issue and the pain was minimal, I'd be covered in tons of ink! Heh.
    So, how's everyone?

McChubbin wrote: »
    So, how's everyone?

Went to England to see Korn (Played the first album through. Was amazing. Best gig I've been to in years.) and I got stuck. My bank cancelled my card without telling me and I couldn't get the train. Ended up spending a fortune and ~24 on buses and boats to get home.

Y'know, same old same old really.

Awesome that you got to see KoRn! I missed out on the Welcome To Hell tour they did with Slipknot back in January due to being utterly broke after Xmas but I saw them in the Olympia during the Path of Totality tour and they were excellent!
    Sorry to hear about your bank woes- that was pretty crappy of them. :/

Yeah it was a nightmare but at least I got a bit of story out of it.

Don't remember them in the Olympia so I don't think I saw that one. Seen em a bunch of times and this was without a doubt the best. Plus the Brixton Academy is an amazing venue. I heard about how good it is but it totally lives up to the hype.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Quiet in here!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Any how--Need some ideas for new ink..Im getting the itch for a full back piece but I don't want anything "small"

Thinking of something along the lines of

http://skullappreciationsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Carlos_Torres.jpg

Really want something as big as possible to cover my whole back.

Any recommendations of who`d be good in Dublin/Kildare / Meath for something like this?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Any how--Need some ideas for new ink..Im getting the itch for a full back piece but I don't want anything "small"

Thinking of something along the lines of

http://skullappreciationsociety.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Carlos_Torres.jpg

Really want something as big as possible to cover my whole back.

Any recommendations of who`d be good in Dublin/Kildare / Meath for something like this?

I know its outside the stated area but Robert Litcan in kilkenny would ****ing crush that.

I know its outside the stated area but Robert Litcan in kilkenny would ****ing crush that.

Wow his work is amazing.
    Thanks Raze--gonna give him a call tomorrow.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Wow his work is amazing.
    Thanks Raze--gonna give him a call tomorrow.

Do seriously, the guy is a beast. Done my shiva, heart, knees, neck, elbows and right sleeve,actuily all ym tattoos since I was like 20, my mates half sleeve, 3 on another mater and my sisters backpiece so far. I recommend him a lot because I really think he is one of the best in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

6 months til I start my sleeve with Chris Crooks. Cannae wait.

I managed to halt all talk in that tattoo thread in AH by saying they are only for knackers ha

Genuinely having fun with AH pointing out tattoos are only for convicts and sailors now, The sheer amount of people defending the tattoos that don't even know this forum exists XD

Best post in Ah ever raze!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Well played on that thread.

Advertisement