Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extend to three monitors;7850;Using Mini-DP slot + HDMI + DVI->VGA;windows no like :(

Options
  • 05-06-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭

I think I've fit everything in the title :P

Well, hi everyone. I've recently bought some toys. 2 Monitors, Mini-DP -> DVI cable, and some other stuff.

Basically my setup is:

Monitor centre = Mini-DP slot -> Mini-DP to DVI cable -> Monitor
    Monitor left = HDMI slot -> HDMI to DVI cable -> Monitor
    Monitor right = DVI slot -> DVI to VGA adapter -> VGA cable -> Monitor.

For some reason, windows is not allowing me to extend to my third monitor. I've also tried doing it through Catalyst Control Center and it's telling me that a display has to be disabled to extend a display. All my monitors work when I test them though. They are also detected both in windows 'screen resolution' window and in Catalyst Control Centre. I just want extended displays and not an eyefinity setup. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You probably need an active DP adapter for the third screen to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

You probably need an active DP adapter for the third screen to work.

The one with the Mini-DP cable is working though. Doesn't that mean that it's an active cable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

There are active and passive adapters. When you're setting up three screens, the card won't output via the DP unless its an active adapter.

Advertisement