Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question to HL LC maths students re: JC Maths results

• 05-06-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

In your JC HL maths exam, what grade did you get?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

It's worth noting that if you're doing your Junior Cert this year then the [majority] of comments here would be from people who have just started the Project Maths curriculum.

I got a C in the JC and chose HL Maths for the Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 K6Y

I got an A in the JC but for the LC I've been constantly getting Ds and Cs.. hopefully I'll get a B today though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭Mario95

K6Y wrote: »
    I got an A in the JC but for the LC I've been constantly getting Ds and Cs.. hopefully I'll get a B today though!

I am the complete opposite of you. I got a D in JC and now I am getting As and Bs :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,774 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got a B HL in JC.

Not doing the best in OL now

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭yoyojc

I got an A in JC I'm getting A/B but mostly B's at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Help1997

I got a B in the JC

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Hello 1996

I got a B in the JC. :)

In my opinion, it dosent matter what you get in the JC-there are people in my class that got As in the JC that arent doing great, while others got Bs and Cs and are doing really well! Its all about how much work you are prepared to put in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Ompala

OP you might not find the greatest correlation here between JC and LC
    JC maths is a lot easier, so people may do well in it but struggle with the jump to LC
    Others may have been lazy for JC put put the work in and do better at LC
    I got an A in JC and an A in LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Did the LC last year and got a C2 in Higher Level, was very happy with it tbh.

Got a B in the JC Higher Level, was shocked at the time. Failed most class tests. I remember a lot of people who always got A/B in the class test got the same as me in the exam. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I did the LC in 2010, got a C in JC maths.

Did TY and got the messer out of me, got an A1 in the LC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

(TY put the messer in me :P)

Got an A in OL JC

Am hoping for a D1 in HL LC

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I've liked maths ever since I was little but I really messed up around 2nd and 3rd year. I got a C in JC.

I was so disapointed but I turned everything around during TY. Been getting As and Bs since TY. I wanted an A for LC but I don't think that's a realistic goal after today's paper. Hoping for a B now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I got a D in honours in the JC, my junior cert teachers really let me down though. I actually love maths but I only went back to honours after doing pass for TY, I reckon if it wasn't for my absolutely shocking Junior Cert tuition I'd be towards the top of my class at this stage.

HL maths for the LC isn't as bad as they make out to be imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MikeSD

I got an A in HL JC. The two mocks I did at HL, I got D2 both times.
    At the best, that's what I got in paper 1 yesterday. I've worked so hard this year bit maths is a constant struggle. I let it slip a bit in 5th year. Remember it's a 2 year course, I wish I worked much harder in 5th year.
    You know what's sad, I actually was praying I'd sneak a pass before the exam lately.
    I blame the cross-over of curriculum. Like we only started project maths in 5th year.
    I'd say most JC students this year are in a better position to go on and do better though.
    You have been doing project maths much longer. All of you learnt the basics first. I, like many others, was thrown in at the deep end in 5th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Got an A in both my JC mock and real thing and have to say they were the easier A's I ever got. I had an incredible teacher and loved maths.
    Had a different teacher for LC, got A1's the whole way through 5th year and then dropped to B's in 6th year. I did an awful lot of work in the last few months, was really hoping to push my 84 in my second mock up to above 90 for the A1. After yesterday I don't think that's at all a realistic goal, but still hoping for a B1.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

A in JC and B's in HL now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭aleatorio

A in the JC ( in the top 0.2% of the country according to some letter I got :rolleyes:)
    Generally an A1 student now, aiming for an A1 in the LC provided Monday morning goes to plan :)
    That said, I've always had a natural affinity for Maths and Science :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Hello 1996

MikeSD wrote: »
    I got an A in HL JC. The two mocks I did at HL, I got D2 both times.
    At the best, that's what I got in paper 1 yesterday. I've worked so hard this year bit maths is a constant struggle. I let it slip a bit in 5th year. Remember it's a 2 year course, I wish I worked much harder in 5th year.
    You know what's sad, I actually was praying I'd sneak a pass before the exam lately.
    I blame the cross-over of curriculum. Like we only started project maths in 5th year.
    I'd say most JC students this year are in a better position to go on and do better though.
    You have been doing project maths much longer. All of you learnt the basics first. I, like many others, was thrown in at the deep end in 5th year.

Im the very same! Its really unfair!

Advertisement