Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps4 updates?

Options
  • 05-06-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. I have always had an Xbox but Microsoft's incessant system updates are driving me mental. Does the ps4 update like the Xbox every ten minutes?
    Are there any other advantages to going Sony?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Hi folks. I have always had an Xbox but Microsoft's incessant system updates are driving me mental. Does the ps4 update like the Xbox every ten minutes?
    Are there any other advantages to going Sony?

There's usually an system update every month or so around 200mb. If it's adding new features it'll be possibly more. An advantage would be that some of the updates like the more recent one was optional and just was for software stability.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can also keep playing while the updates including the game updates download. It might mean that if you do so you can't game online but in fairness I think this has only happened to me once or twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭session savage

thanks folks. Thats just the info i was after. Im sick of the xbox updating everytime I want to play. PS it is so.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It certainly is annoying when you turn on your system of choice to get an hour of gaming in and are forced to update before you can proceed. I can understand your frustration if that's happening regularly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

thanks folks. Thats just the info i was after. Im sick of the xbox updating everytime I want to play. PS it is so.
    Cheers

PS updates enough, probably about as much as Xbox tbf, and in most cases it's for less "stuff" you would get on an Xbox after an update...

Have you the Xbox in low power mode? I think it should update automatically if so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The PS4 got a system update during the week, the only problem is that you need the newest version to use the PSN store or download new games.

Meaning that while I was away my PS4 didn't download any of the patches or new plus games during the week.

Advertisement