Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Dealer refusing to honour free service

Options
  • 05-06-2014 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Hi all

A friend bought a used car about a year ago from a garage and was told they would get a free service. Recently they got their car serviced and were charged for it. After the service, the salesman who said they would get the free service denied saying it. My friend isnt one to stick up for themself and gave in and paid.

There's no written proof of the offer of a free service.

My friend asked me is there anything she can do, now that she realises she shouldnt have paid. Im not really sure what would be the best thing to do.

Do ye have any advice? Is there anyway she could get her money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭bardcom

No chance. Not written down. She's already paid. Best advice is move on and forget about it.

If it's a reputable dealer ask for a discount at least seeing as how you bought the car there but don't be surprised if they still refuse.

Advertisement