Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stories to give me hope anybody??? Please!!!

• 05-06-2014 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi, I'm really scared about getting my results, I am petrified that I won't attain the points I need for my course. Did anybody in previous leaving cert years think they genuinely did awful but get pretty good results? I'm talking about average results now nothing special. I want 300 points but need 250 and I know some might laugh but that's where I am in education terms. Someone please enlighten me because I think I've already messed up English paper 2 and that is not at all helping me!! Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

In general, many people feel they did worse on the day than they actually did.

Then a week or so later, they realise the question(s) they were fretting about messing up only counted for a small percentage of the overall paper(s) anyway, and that while they may not be happy with their answer, they didn't actually mess it up that badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Donnelly1997

In general, many people feel they did worse on the day than they actually did.

Then a week or so later, they realise the question(s) they were fretting about messing up only counted for a small percentage of the overall paper(s) anyway, and that while they may not be happy with their answer, they didn't actually mess it up that badly!

Thanks very much for the comment, it is very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭ejayy

I got like 200 In the mocks, failed maths and history and received 440 in the real thing? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

250 points is very manageable, and the fact that you care will stand for a lot. Some people could care less what they get and waltz into the exam and throw down half arsed answers and it shows, I can guarantee you that you did just fine. Are you doing all ordinary level or a mixture of higher and ordinary? My advice to you would be to just write. Seriously, write and write and then write some more, even if you are thinking this is the biggest load of cringey crap I've ever seen, just write it. You can't get marks for a blank page, you will never know or have to see the person who is correcting your paper, it's not your teacher so just write as much as you can and you'll pass. Make sure you know the basics and then expand on them. Most of all try not to worry, it's not the end of the world if you don't get your points, there are ways around everything. Be confident with what you're writing and it will show, I promise! Good luck xx

ejayy wrote: »
    I got like 200 In the mocks, failed maths and history and received 440 in the real thing? :)

Thanks for the reply! Did you study much after the mocks because unfortunately I didn't do too much and I regret it so much now..

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    250 points is very manageable, and the fact that you care will stand for a lot. Some people could care less what they get and waltz into the exam and throw down half arsed answers and it shows, I can guarantee you that you did just fine. Are you doing all ordinary level or a mixture of higher and ordinary? My advice to you would be to just write. Seriously, write and write and then write some more, even if you are thinking this is the biggest load of cringey crap I've ever seen, just write it. You can't get marks for a blank page, you will never know or have to see the person who is correcting your paper, it's not your teacher so just write as much as you can and you'll pass. Make sure you know the basics and then expand on them. Most of all try not to worry, it's not the end of the world if you don't get your points, there are ways around everything. Be confident with what you're writing and it will show, I promise! Good luck xx

Thanks very much that makes me feel a lot better!! Appreciate the reply :)

Advertisement