Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&K SR25k Opinions?

Options
  • 05-06-2014 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Im thinking of building a L129a1 (british sharpshooter rifle) and was thining of this AEG as the base for the build.. its looking to be and expensive build as is so would prefer to not buy a higher end sr25.. provided that the A&K isnt seen as a piece of s**t.. anyone own or have experience with this AEG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I bought one years ago and used it as my main AEG for about 2 years. It never had an up grade and never gave any problems. Back then i was playing about 3 times every month so it got a good bit of use. I was very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

If your looking for a good sr25 without breaking the bank id look at the GFC offerings, they use an A&K as a base and replace the gears, pistons,bearings tappet plates, inner barrels and sometimes the motors and they also come with a ASCU mofset installed.
    So they have fairly solid externals and they are pre upgraded. The only thing that needs replacing IMHO is the hop up rubber. And as its a A&K mags are cheap and easy to source.

Advertisement