Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Weebly bad for SEO?

• 05-06-2014 10:47pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

I made a website using iWeb a few years ago and very quickly went to the top of Google when I searched for closely related terms. Recently I made a site with Weebly and I can't even find myself in Google. I've gone back about 4 - 5 pages.

Is it particularly bad? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

Weebly has a domain authority of 97 so the site itself is highly trusted by Google. It depends on how competitive the keywords you are trying to rank for, so I can't really say if it's good or bad unless you post more info about your site..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Weebly has a domain authority of 97 so the site itself is highly trusted by Google. It depends on how competitive the keywords you are trying to rank for, so I can't really say if it's good or bad unless you post more info about your site..

Weebly's reputation should have no impact on his own site's ranking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

dory wrote: »
    Hello all,

I made a website using iWeb a few years ago and very quickly went to the top of Google when I searched for closely related terms. Recently I made a site with Weebly and I can't even find myself in Google. I've gone back about 4 - 5 pages.

Is it particularly bad? Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Did you move your domain too? Did you redirect 301 all of your old urls to your new ones?

Ideally, and it's not always possible, you should maintain the same site hierarchy/structure and keep the file names the same, otherwise, if you didn't, as far as Google is concerned these pages are new, and are being ranked accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

cormee wrote: »
    Weebly's reputation should have no impact on his own site's ranking.

My bad I presumed she was using a subdomain on Weebly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭dgerryd

=The only thing that's bad for SEO is bad SEO I think @cormee nailed it

"Did you move your domain too? Did you redirect 301 all of your old urls to your new ones?

Ideally, and it's not always possible, you should maintain the same site hierarchy/structure and keep the file names the same, otherwise, if you didn't, as far as Google is concerned these pages are new, and are being ranked accordingly."

My advice get your own self hosted domain, that is if your a "real busimess" get it registered on google +, everything that's google if possible, Also have a backup plan as if you don't you will be back to square one asking the same questions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement