Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Nations' League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

You never mentioned a specific club in Uruguay so I just added Nacional for now to add you to the table, you can change to whatever club you want when you get a chance :)

1. Germany - Bayern Munich - The Governor
    2. Spain - Barcelona - Kersplat!
    3. Argentina - River Plate - Teamshadowclan
    4. Brazil - Cruziero - swoody
    5. Italy - Palmero - gerp99
    6. England - Sunderland - ctrl-alt-delete
    7. Holland - Go Ahead Eagles - Wilberto
    8. France - Marseille - Colemania
    9. Belgium - Club Brugges - circadian
    10. Portugal - Sporting Lisbon - Seaneh
    11. Uruguay - Penarol - irishgoldberg

Peñarol please - bigger stadium!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Peñarol please - bigger stadium!!!

you might want to check there attendance record, SM base match day attendances on real life.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Seaneh wrote: »
    As an aside, why should you have picked Ecuador?

I've spent a lot of time in the Andean Community nations (and south america as a whole) and to be honest, Ecuador is probably my favourite country in South America. It's a sketchy country and I was nearly kidnapped twice and had to bribe cops a few times but the people, the landscape, the food and the culture is amazing.

The best food in South America is in Manabi (province in west Ecuador).

Nothing to do with this reason anyway....unfortunately!

No, I just liked their national team ever since the 2002 World Cup. I don't think they even got out of the group in truth but I was mightily impressed by them, particularly when they played Italy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Are you onky allwed to sign players to your club with the same nationality as the club?

If so .... No lengthy scouting missions and

Im in after all - Columbia - will specify club later

If not, im out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Yep just teams from your chosen country. It's more about making funds to buy top players than scouting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Are you onky allwed to sign players to your club with the same nationality as the club?

If so .... No lengthy scouting missions and

Im in after all - Columbia - will specify club later

If not, im out

Atletico Nacional are decent......... well when i watched them in the copa libardores they where.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Yep just teams from your chosen country. It's more about making funds to buy top players than scouting

Yup, I still can't afford Seamus Coleman or James McCarthy in the world that you joined me!

Having said that, Robbie Keane has knocked in 28 goals in 27 games so happy days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yup, I still can't afford Seamus Coleman or James McCarthy in the world that you joined me!

Having said that, Robbie Keane has knocked in 28 goals in 27 games so happy days!!

Gonna leave there when this starts, all the fun is buying the players I'd say :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Wilberto wrote: »
    Nothing to do with this reason anyway....unfortunately!

No, I just liked their national team ever since the 2002 World Cup. I don't think they even got out of the group in truth but I was mightily impressed by them, particularly when they played Italy!

As good a reason as any really!
    I landed in Quito knowing nothing about Ecuador but fell in love with the country within a month. It's a really special place, especially Manabi.

If you every get to spend a few months in South America I honestly recommend you make Ecuador and Bolivia your top two destinations!

Ok and is it blank squads, lots of cash :)

Checking out attendances, on some sites it seems Junior get higher gates, others suggest Atletico Nacional others Millonarios

If some one knows a definitive answer on attendances for tge 3 above please share, otherwise im going with...

Millonarios Futbol Club - Colombia

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Whats the minimum amount of players you'd need for a team? Because my nation only has 16 players :pac:

21 I think

swoody wrote: »
    you might want to check there attendance record, SM base match day attendances on real life.

Really? Crap! I thought with the bigger stadium if I was doing well id get more income....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

If yer still taking teams, throw me down for Lech Poznan in Poland!

11. Uruguay - Peñarol - irishgoldberg
    12. Millonarios Futbol Club - Colombia - GT_TDI_150
    13. Lech Poznan - Poland - Manzoor14

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Colo colo chile please.

14. Colo Colo - Chile - JamboMac

Does anybody know what happens to the players who are not nationals of the team you take over, so will Barcelona not start with messi or Neymar and they will be free agents.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think it was said all teams will start out empty, so you would have to buy anyone of he right nation back...

I think it was said all teams will start out empty, so you would have to buy anyone of he right nation back...

So I can either buy Vidal or a first 11 let me think about that.:D

JamboMac wrote: »
    So I can either buy Vidal or a first 11 let me think about that.:D

thought we are getting 300m also + there will be no competition for your players so no need to overpay

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    thought we are getting 300m also + there will be no competition for your players so no need to overpay

With that money I can buy chile, gonna end up with hundreds with that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Russia zenit please

14. Colo Colo - Chile - JamboMac
    14. Xenit - Rusia - Tonic wine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Wow 14 good going :D Btw glad to have you aboard finally GT :P

Yes it's 300m starting. Depending on your nation though you wouldn't feel yourself flying through it, I was looking there earlier and the top 4 rated German players would be about 100m, so bigger nations would want to budget.

Smaller ones would be able to afford all it's best players most likely, but that doesn't bother me as it will most probably even them out with bigger talent pools like Germany or Spain.

Wow 14 good going :DBtw glad to have you aboard finally GT :P

Yes it's 300m starting. Depending on your nation though you wouldn't feel yourself flying through it, I was looking there earlier and the top 4 rated German players would be about 100m, so bigger nations would want to budget.

Smaller ones would be able to afford all it's best players most likely, but that doesn't bother me as it will most probably even them out with bigger talent pools like Germany or Spain.

which I had decided a little earlier ... my poor Belgium :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Ok so with 14 players already, how would ye like the league to be set up? One mega division or two divisions of 7, it might give something to play for with promotion and relegation?

Wow 14 good going :D Btw glad to have you aboard finally GT :P

And the of all this nobody can complain about transfers, wonder when the rest of Eastern Europe will be snapped up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks to Kersplat picking Barcelona, I think I should be able to pick up my top player for 75% value which is something :D

****e, I'm going to have to pay an arm and a leg for Ronaldo, ha.

• Advertisement

Thanks to Kersplat picking Barcelona, I think I should be able to pick up my top player for 75% value which is something :D

looks like with AS Monaco, not being picked I'll have to pay top dollar for 2 of my brightest assets

Advertisement