Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Nations' League

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Jaysus the un-managed are slow to fill up, only around 10 players or so each. Do they have to fill fast close to match day one or whats the story does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

Jaysus the un-managed are slow to fill up, only around 10 players or so each. Do they have to fill fast close to match day one or whats the story does anyone know?

If it gets to within 2 days before the league starts id be willing to set up a 2nd account, sign enough players for a team and then quit? Would that work? Id be quite clear that it would only be til they had the best available 21 players before the season starts! Id even make my user name irishgoldberg2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

If it gets to within 2 days before the league starts id be willing to set up a 2nd account, sign enough players for a team and then quit? Would that work? Id be quite clear that it would only be til they had the best available 21 players before the season starts! Id even make my user name irishgoldberg2!

dont risk it mate ... you will get into trouble with SM for having dual accounts

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    dont risk it mate ... you will get into trouble with SM for having dual accounts

no worries so, scrap that idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

From what I read when researching for the draft league the system will fill the unmanaged squads, when it kicks in I don't know.

• Advertisement

Big kick off tonight! Looking forward to it,

The unmanaged have their squads now, Ukraine have granted citizenship to a Morroccan and a Nigerian.

A Norwegian and an Armenian find themselves in Greece.

There is a lonely Dane in Sweden and a lonely lad from Portugal in Croatia.

Two Serbs and a lad from Slovenia find themselves playing for Bosnia&Herz.

Perhaps the strangest of all is a Gambian in Denmark.

Four English lads have got a taxi with a Nigerian lads to Wales.

That is all i could be arsed looking at :D

The clubs seem to have just bought players they have IRL to flesh out their squads haha, must send in a ticket has to be a bug.

The clubs seem to have just bought players they have IRL to flesh out their squads haha, must send in a ticket has to be a bug.

Yeah, just looking at Ukraine they could have filled their squad with Ukrainians and higher rated ones than they did buy.

Some very low rated players brought in, have not looked again but the Welsh team have 60 rated lads.

I suppose it is just the limitations of the AI rather than a bug.

Yeah, just looking at Ukraine they could have filled their squad with Ukrainians and higher rated ones than they did buy.

Some very low rated players brought in, have not looked again but the Welsh team have 60 rated lads.

I suppose it is just the limitations of the AI rather than a bug.

Possibly, I have reported it all the same anyway and we'll see :)

Sunderland 2 - 4 Basel

First defeat on the board for my underachieving English lads! :pac:

• Advertisement

Irish Goldberg steered Peñarol to victory against Go Ahead Eagles.
    Peñarol beat Go Ahead Eagles 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Suárez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Godín and Arévalo Ríos were also amongst the goalscorers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

1-0 win against Ze Germans. Happy days.

5-0win agaist the greeks

Falcao or James didnt even get on the scoresheet .... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

3 nil win against the Russians

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

The Mexicans beat the Serbians 3-0

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Rebel_Kn1ght

Celtic 6 - 4 Malmo

What a start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Ass handed to me.

James Mcconville was unable to prevent a Colo Colo defeat to Barcelona.
    Colo Colo have lost to Barcelona 5 - 1 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Vargas was on the scoresheet for his side.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Irish Goldberg steered Peñarol to victory against Go Ahead Eagles.
    Peñarol beat Go Ahead Eagles 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Suárez scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Godín and Arévalo Ríos were also amongst the goalscorers.

Considering that I actually had more shots, shots on target, possession, and others, I think the only conclusion that we can take from this game is that Fernando Muslera is a better goalkeeper than Tim Krul!!! :D:D :pac:

Oh well, at least I'm not bottom. That would be so awkward! :D

Wilberto wrote: »
    Considering that I actually had more shots, shots on target, possession, and others, I think the only conclusion that we can take from this game is that Fernando Muslera is a better goalkeeper than Tim Krul!!! :D:D :pac:

Oh well, at least I'm not bottom. That would be so awkward! :D

I wish I had him in the boards league than, as mine there is ****e so far this season !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

How the F do I have RAKITIĆ!? :confused:

• Advertisement

who are you again?

he's wikipedia suggest switzerland or croatia is where he should end up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I think we all know a cheater when we see one

I honestly have no idea though :eek:

Ah this is getting ridiculous, can you sed a ticket in over it man, did he just randomly appear in your squad?

I had to send in a bug report over players going to clubs that they shouldn't be like a Nigerian fella off to the Welsh team and an Armenian and Norwegian off to the Greek club.

It's def a bug.

I'm guessing you bid for him in this league thinking it was another league.

Either way, you can't play him and you have to sell him to an external.

Ah this is getting ridiculous, can you sed a ticket in over it man, did he just randomly appear in your squad?

I had to send in a bug report over players going to clubs that they shouldn't be like a Nigerian fella off to the Welsh team and an Armenian and Norwegian off to the Greek club.

It's def a bug.

Can you set it that you can only sign players from your nation? I doubt it.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Can you set it that you can only sign players from your nation? I doubt it.

Actually it was the first setting I enabled. I've tried signing non Germans and can't.

It's some sort of issue to do with their real life clubs. Any player at the wrong team plays for them in real life, the same seems to have happened with Kersplat! here and I don't think he ever had him he just seems to have appeared.

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'm guessing you bid for him in this league thinking it was another league.

Either way, you can't play him and you have to sell him to an external.

Sure I only signed 21 players, all spanish, look at my transfers. He just appeared. I'll fire in a ticket

Also you can only buy players from the nation of your club, so definitely a bug, nothing to do with me!!

Actually it was the first setting I enabled. I've tried signing non Germans and can't.

It's some sort of issue to do with their real life clubs. Any player at the wrong team plays for them in real life, the same seems to have happened with Kersplat! here and I don't think he ever had him he just seems to have appeared.

Exactly, sure like I said look at my transfers, 21 players all spanish. His transfer record is blank too

Exactly, sure like I said look at my transfers, 21 players all spanish. His transfer record is blank too

**must go check if I got a present like that :D

• Advertisement

Yeah the only sign players of the same nationality of your club is still on, so def a bug.

Advertisement