Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these database certs any good?

Options
  • 05-06-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

There is currently a voucher on groupon that gives access to a database and programming course online for 12 months. Originally €2,400 now €89. I am really interested in studying in these areas as I have done a basic database course and really enjoyed it.

I have pasted the description of the course below and the certs gained as listed on the groupon, if anyone could tell me if they would be attract to an employer I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Today's Groupon offers Online Programming and Database Course for €89, distributed by Career Match.

Course Content

Oracle:

Oracle 11g Certification Training Course: OCA - Oracle Certified Associate

MCSA SQL 2012:

MCSA SQL 2012 Certification

SQL 2012:

Microsoft Exam 70-461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Databases Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-463: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-464: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-465: Designing Database Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-466: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-467: Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification Training Course

SQL 2008:

Microsoft Exam 70-448: MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-432: MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-433: MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Database Development Certification Training Course

.NET:

Microsoft Exam 70-511 MCTS: Windows Application Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Microsoft Exam 70-561: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ADO.NET Application Development Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-562: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, ASP.NET Application Development
    Microsoft Exam 70-505: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 -Windows Forms Application Development Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-504: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 - Windows Workflow Foundation Application Development Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-503: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 - Windows Communication Foundation Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-502: TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Presentation Foundation Application Development Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-529: MCTS Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Distributed Application Development Certification Training Course
    Microsoft Exam 70-526 Training Course: TS- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - WINDOWS-Based Client Development
    Microsoft Exam 70-515 TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Go for it if your interested in it. Always looks good on a CV if you have certs and you did them on your own steam.
    I just did the 70-461, not very difficult, but there is a lot to it. Going to finish of the mcsa is the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

From what you posted and for the price right now go for it man.... Im doing a cloud careers programme right now, Dell, Vmware, VCE, EMC all involved.
    From what i hear from the lads going to Dell for there work placement, if you had all the above they would be on there knees to snap you up.

Advertisement