Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's the best UHT milk for tea?

• 06-06-2014 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Found places sell UHT milk on Amazon, so going to get a 100 portions or so, and wondering if there's any particular brand that I should avoid?

I'd be getting something like this, that has 120 small milk portions. I'll be putting them into my drawer at work, as the fridge is unsafe for normal milk. It'll allow me to have milk for my tea at work, without having to worry about them going off too soon. Will probably store most of them at home, and bring in 20 at a time into work.

Thus, decided to check on this forum to see if anyone found any brands bad for UHT milk. Comments are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

the_syco wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Found places sell UHT milk on Amazon, so going to get a 100 portions or so, and wondering if there's any particular brand that I should avoid?

I'd be getting something like this, that has 120 small milk portions. I'll be putting them into my drawer at work, as the fridge is unsafe for normal milk. It'll allow me to have milk for my tea at work, without having to worry about them going off too soon. Will probably store most of them at home, and bring in 20 at a time into work.

Thus, decided to check on this forum to see if anyone found any brands bad for UHT milk. Comments are welcome.

If you have a polish food shop near you they should have some in stock so you can try before buying in bulk.

I prefer uht over the standard chilled one, I buy them in 1l cartons but those portions are very popular in my home country, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the_syco wrote: »
    <snip>

to cut a long answer short, Lakelands uht milk is surprisingly good even in tea.
    Many UHT milk versions ive tasted over the years were grand for coffee but too much of a strange taste off them for tea or even drinking or using in breakfast cereal.
    But lakeland is good so if you can get it then go for it.
    It should be in tesco too though especially in the northern half of the country, but probably near the coffee rather than the cool cabinet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Yeah, you'll get 'Mleko' in Tesco and Eastern-/Central-European shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

sarkozy wrote: »
    Yeah, you'll get 'Mleko' in Tesco and Eastern-/Central-European shops.
    aigh, but how is it in tea and is it in portion pack jiggers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Not sure UK based sites will even ship the milk here OP, AFAIK Amazon won't ship any liquids to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

aigh, but how is it in tea and is it in portion pack jiggers?

I am sure I have seen the small ones in the polish shop.

Tesco probably sells only 1l cartons which is pointless for the op - his/her coworkers will drink any milk if they are anywhere close to the ones I work with. Even a soya milk isn't safe these days:D

I have a look next time and let you know (this is if i don't forget).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

to cut a long answer short, Lakelands uht milk is surprisingly good even in tea.
    Thanks for your response. I think I've had Lakelands a few times in hotels. I had a box of the individual Dairystix as well, although I found them to not contain much, and also they were very annoying to open.

=-=

I find Tescos only has the large cartons, which are useless to me, as once I open it, I have to keep it in a fridge. Also, Tescos staff don't seem to keep a record of when they go out of date. Was looking two weeks ago, and found 2 or 3 cartons which were out of date since April, and an entire box that were out of date since February. Having the UHT/long life milk far away from the refrigerated milk means that only those that really look for it find it. I have since emailed them about moving said milk to closer to their refrigerated supplies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

You can buy all that UHT Lakelands stuff through the likes of Viking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

UHTMILK.png
    "Milk goes sour you know. Unless of course it's UHT milk. But there's no demand for that because it's sh1te"

Advertisement