Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 connection issues.

• 06-06-2014 4:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Well lads, I've been meaning to sign up to the forums for a while now but this has been a good excuse to finally get off my arse so to speak and sign up :)

Basically for the last month or so I can't access the PS Store, or connect online to certain games (GT6 and Far Cry 3 are two I've come across so far). I can sign in no bother, download games, play online (for the most part) and everything else but for very specific things. Before the store update/patch there a few days ago whenever I tried to get into the store I got a message saying "Network Unavailable, Please check your network connection". After the update it just says "the service is undergoing maintenance". I remember reading on various forums that the PS3 clock not being correct can cause problems such as these. I try updating the date and time via the internet option and I'm given this message "The current date and time could not be obtained". It also has an error code underneath being "8002A221".

I've tried numerous things, putting the PS3 in a DMZ, deleting the Store update and re-installing. Yet nothing has made any difference. I tried Sony support but as expected they were absolutely useless (no surprise there then).

I'm baffled by it in all honesty, especially the date and time updating. My ISP is UPC if that's of any relevance. My PS4 is fine in terms of connectivity, it's just the PS3. The store I can work around but after not being about to get online on Far Cry 3 it's pushed me over the edge to try and sort this out.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do? I'm lost in all honesty. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

im having the same problems, cant sign into the store on ps3, just get "the service is undergoing maintenance" and cant sign in to play battlefield 3 multiplayer etc, ive updated the psn but still having problems, any fix for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrManBuz

padz wrote: »
    im having the same problems, cant sign into the store on ps3, just get "the service is undergoing maintenance" and cant sign in to play battlefield 3 multiplayer etc, ive updated the psn but still having problems, any fix for this?

Can you update your PS3s time and date using the auto-update feature?

Advertisement