Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

It'll just be the same regurgitated crap with some supposedly "new" features but in the end will boil down to about 95% of opponents all doing over the top balls and running on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

is it that time of the year again :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

FIFA 15 on PC will have the new ignite engine according to PC gamer. Thank feck for that, not a chance im plonking down €400 on a next gen console.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/06/06/fifa-15-will-debut-fancy-new-ignite-engine-on-pc/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

does anyone know when ur able to preorder this game and wheres usually the cheapest place to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 14,843 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

A trailer for a trailer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ShaneU wrote: »
    A trailer for a trailer?

next it'll be a trailer for a trailer for a trailer. trailerception

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Just remake FIFA 11 in next gen graphics and you have the perfect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Bray Header

Blazer wrote: »
    It'll just be the same regurgitated crap with some supposedly "new" features but in the end will boil down to about 95% of opponents all doing over the top balls and running on it.

Very very easy to counter this strategy mate. I use a great custom tactic that enables my defenders to drop right back, which means that long through balls are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Lets hope suarez is finally as good as he is in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just put offline Tournaments back in for **** sake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Very very easy to counter this strategy mate. I use a great custom tactic that enables my defenders to drop right back, which means that long through balls are useless.

I use it as well but it means I'm playing defensively then and counter attacking when my preference is attack attack attack :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Just put offline Tournaments back in for **** sake

If they don't I won't be buying it and I'll stick with the ps3 version. I went into next gen FIFA assuming I could get stuck into tournaments only to find I could not.

**** you EA

Temaz wrote: »
    If they don't I won't be buying it and I'll stick with the ps3 version. I went into next gen FIFA assuming I could get stuck into tournaments only to find I could not.

**** you EA

This might please you then ;) From EA Sports on twitter

Bpi8HhwIYAAPG5b.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Bpi8HhwIYAAPG5b.png

Power to the people:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,234 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

They need to put the creation center back in. I don't know why it was removed on next gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bpi8HhwIYAAPG5b.png

This is what i thought when i read that twitter update :D

Thats an instant buy now

Im starting to think they left it out of this Fifa, so they could say its a "new" feature for the next one, and it being one of the main selling points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

FIFA 15 will be released Sept. 26, and its first full trailer, which Electronic Arts showed during its E3 2014 press briefing today, introduces the game's focus on emotion.

Developer EA Canada is bringing the game to life by imbuing players with what it calls "emotional intelligence." They'll react to events in the match appropriately, getting frustrated at missing shots or foul calls and celebrating elatedly upon scoring.

FIFA 15 is in development on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Emotions to run high in FIFA 15

Thanks to the increased processing power available on next-generation consoles, all 22 players will now have an emotional state for the first time.

Ranging from calm through to upset and aggression, their starting state when entering into a match is based on its stakes – a cup final or end-of-season league battle will make them more tense - while on-pitch action will also ratchet it up considerably.

Repeated scuffles between two opposing players will lead to tension and aggression between them, for example. Even on the same team emotion will come into play; a team-mate might be supportive of a striker's early missed attempt, but by the third or fourth, he'll be visibility frustrated by his continued missed opportunities.

While hundreds of animations will showcase the changing moods of players, whether it's missed opportunities, contesting decisions or reacting to the ball going out of play, it's something that won't affect how the game plays.

"I want to make sure something clear. We are not dramatically changing the gameplay with this," producer Nick Channon told press including Digital Spy.

"We do not feel that is the right thing to do. We don't want to artificially change traits around these things.

"What this obviously is, number one, it's visual, but it's creating that emotional feeling and it's tying you as the player to the emotional state of your team, which ultimately which will have an effect on how you'll play, how you'll feel about the game."

Giving teams - and players - context late in the game

While emotions won't affect players, the state of the match will change how they play. If a team is losing late in the game and needs a goal, it will play more direct and aggressive, aiming to get the ball into the box with longer crosses.

Similarly, a team defending late in the game will park the bus, placing just a lone man up front with no support. It'll also try to run down the clock by time-wasting at the corner flags.

Players will also be more aware throughout other stages of the game. For example, the last defender is less likely to commit to a tackle, instead holding up the striker and waiting for more cover, helping to stop cheap breakaway goals.
    "We didn't have the processing power to give players and the team context [last generation]," said Channon.

"What they now have is short, medium and long tail objectives, which are based on a situation in the game itself.

"What the players now have the awareness of is, are they winning, are they losing? Is this an important game? Do they need to change the way they play? What we have created is an AI system that acts far more like human beings."

More realistic challenges and unpredictable ball spins

Player control continues to see more refinements after last year's step-based locomotion, with adjustments to dribbling and taking into account ball spin.

Players can now take smaller steps and movements, which has an impact on quick ball turns and dribbling at speed, where a player will readjust their stride to align with the pace of the ball.

The inside and outside of feet are used in dribbling, as well as their dominant foot. Gareth Bale was used as the example of a player who is instantly identifiable due to his left foot movement.

More next-gen visual improvements

The PS4 and Xbox One versions of FIFA 14 were a step ahead than their Xbox 360 and PS3 counterparts, and FIFA 15 offers yet another leap in visuals.

Players models and their animations have been reworked, giving them a natural, athletic and lean appearance.

Footprints and skid marks now appear on the pitch. The effect isn't random, as every player movement will be tracked and represented as the match progresses, along with slide tackles that carve out chunks from the grass, and leave players walking away messy as a result.

The TV-style presentation introduced in the next-gen versions has been improved upon, creating highlight reels that tell a story of the match, accompanied by in-game music and commentary. This can be viewed at any time in the match by pressing pause and waiting a few seconds.

Similar to player context, the crowd will also behave in accordance with the score and tempo of the match. They'll be even more region specific, behaving differently in a heated local derby, or celebrating with Never Walk Alone or the Poznań.

Other visual tweaks include a new rendering system for more realistic lighting, the introduction of LED advertising boards, goal frames and net supports that rattle when a ball misses the mark, new physics for player hair and - for the first time in FIFA history - a corner flag that reacts to the player's presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭peejay1986

No mention of dynamic weather. I'd have imagined they'd have mentioned today if it was happening. So we'll get corner flags that react to the environment around, but still won't have realistic weather conditions. Great...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »

any idea who is during the voice over? i swear i recognize the voice.

I was reading the review that playstation trophies have done on it, seems like they have sorted the issue with ball control and hopefully first touch.
    I've added the link.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-13388-FIFA-15-Hands-On-Preview---What-s-New-.html

also on the ea's twitter account they had a link on 6 reasons why to pre-order fifa 15. agian link below :)

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-updates-gameplay/article/six-reasons-to-pre-order-fifa-15-fut-edition?utm_campaign=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa15-preorder-6reasons-060914-tw-text-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa15-preorder-6reasons-060914-tw-text-site-ramp&cid=22356&ts=1402481291422

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

any idea who is during the voice over? i swear i recognize the voice.

I was reading the review that playstation trophies have done on it, seems like they have sorted the issue with ball control and hopefully first touch.
    I've added the link.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-13388-FIFA-15-Hands-On-Preview---What-s-New-.html

also on the ea's twitter account they had a link on 6 reasons why to pre-order fifa 15. agian link below :)

http://www.easports.com/fifa/news-updates-gameplay/article/six-reasons-to-pre-order-fifa-15-fut-edition?utm_campaign=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa15-preorder-6reasons-060914-tw-text-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=fifa15-social-global-ic-tw-fifa15-preorder-6reasons-060914-tw-text-site-ramp&cid=22356&ts=1402481291422

It's Idris Elba I'm sure. He's in the wire, Luther and Pacific Rim there recently.

I'm surprised the legend cards in ultimate team are exclusive to xbox again.

Thought they would make their way to PS eventually.

I'm surprised the legend cards in ultimate team are exclusive to xbox again.

Thought they would make their way to PS eventually.

Have ya link for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Whats the date where you cant start pre ordering the game

Have ya link for that.

The picture of the xbox one version on amazon has "ultimate team legends - only on xbox" on the case.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-Xbox-One/dp/B00KHJLDRI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1402751905&sr=8-4&keywords=fifa+15

The picture of the xbox one version on amazon has "ultimate team legends - only on xbox" on the case.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Electronic-Arts-FIFA-Xbox-One/dp/B00KHJLDRI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1402751905&sr=8-4&keywords=fifa+15

They could be just thinking it will be same as last year because ea haven't released any details yet from what I can see. I hope to god there not exclusive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

They can waffle on all they want about emotion. Nobody gives a sh*t. What people actually care about is mind bogglingly simple. The game and how it actually plays.

Fix/Remove LB+Y balls over the top. Imo, its a mistake to try and balance it. They will fail. Just remove it. If people want to play lofted through balls, let them use the chip button.

Fix tackling. It's impossible to shield the ball from a tackler. You can't. They just barrel into you. The only way is to dribble/run away from them. It looks terrible and plays worse. So either change the tackling system, or actually start giving fouls. If people gave away 20 fouls a game, they would soon learn to stop assaulting the opposition.

Fix letting the AI play for you. The most effective way to defend....is not to. People hold down the contain button and then go make a sandwich. That is not playing. Remove it.

Fix stamina.
    Have it actually matter. If some idiot wants to chase me around the pitch like a lunatic, punish him for it. You cant do it in real football, you shouldn't be able to do it in the game without some sort of penalty. And I don't mean in a "he's tired for the last 10 minutes" sort of way. He should be tired right now. If you sprint solid for a minute, you need to take a break. It's ridiculous that you can sprint for 90 minutes without penalty in this.

Fix crossing and heading. Crossing is too accurate. Heading is too powerful. I have Falcao in the Ultimate team world cup mode and its an absolute joke. Tap cross, tap header, score goal. I mean it sickens me how easy it is. Easily fixed.

Stop faffing about on pointless crap. Spend the nine months fixing gameplay issues....issues that have plagued the game for several years and several iterations.

They could be just thinking it will be same as last year because ea haven't released any details yet from what I can see. I hope to god there not exclusive again.

From eurogamer
    FIFA Ultimate Team Legends is exclusive to Xbox platforms for FIFA 15, EA has said.

Earlier this week box art for the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions mentioned FUT Legends as "Only on Xbox", and now EA has issued a statement confirming the decision.

"We're not talking about FUT 15 just yet but yes, Legends will continue to be only on Xbox platforms," an EA Sports spokesperson told Eurogamer.

Legends adds a number of legendary footballers to the FIFA Ultimate Team experience. For FIFA 14 those footballers included Freddie Ljunberg, Ruud Gullit, and Dennis Bergkamp. Each had unique attributes based on their skills and flair during the peak of their careers, and were randomly inserted into FIFA 14 Ultimate Team Gold Packs at the launch of Xbox One last November.

• Advertisement

From eurogamer

I'm pissed. But I'll still buy FIFA

Advertisement