Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Pretty positive about it so?
    I am enjoying it so far, but there are probably others that won't be as easily pleased as I am. So far, only a few things are annoying me. Mainly the overuse of replays.

Scored my first half decent goal with Thiago Motta

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

why isnt it out on PS4 until tomorrow? ridicilous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

NUTZZ wrote: »
    No it's not up yet, it might not be until this evening or tomorrow even. It's a 3.07GB download.

Im downloading it now and its only 1.63GB ?

Hazard only 87 . He was meant be 88. Few more player not what they were meant b aswel?

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Hazard only 87 . He was meant be 88. Few more player not what they were meant b aswel?

thats weird! i did think 88 for hazard was a bit steep for now anyways. he was 85 on fifa 14 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Im downloading it now and its only 1.63GB ?

On what platform?

It's 3.07GB on Xbox One

Ya 360 i have lol. Not 2 impresed with demo tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

People say this every year. You'll get used to it after awhile and wont want to go back to 14.

Ya i do say t every year ha . I know i wil love it after a while

• Advertisement

There really won't be a big improvement on the 360 and PS3, they obviously focus on the next-gen consoles for their new features and game-play. Normally a little face lift and squad update is all they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

MarkY91 wrote: »
    why isnt it out on PS4 until tomorrow? ridicilous!

Probably because Destiny is out today and the PS store would have a melt down if it had to deal with lots of downloads of more than one game at a time.

Don't mind the ratings too much, the final retail version will have the correct ratings as per the 'Top 50' reveal. The demo is actually out a good while now at this stage so the ratings haven't been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Demos always come out on Tuesday for Xbox, Wednesday for ps. Just depends when they update the store.

• Administrators Posts: 53,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Played a few games - it feels a bit sluggish and "unrefined".

Way too many replays.

youre on a last gen console, get used to not being impressed ever again :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

awec wrote: »
    Played a few games - it feels a bit sluggish and "unrefined".

Way too many replays.

Only got to play once so far, but yeah, "sluggish" is the word I'd use too. Felt as if every player was weighed down or something.

On the upside, through balls also felt heavier but in a very good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Kudros

Is the PC demo out on Origin yet? Or is that tomorrow too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

That's weird that you guys say it felt sluggish because I saw other people say it was too fast!

That's weird that you guys say it felt sluggish because I saw other people say it was too fast!

Sometimes the players feel like they're really heavy.

Also, sometimes when you press a button to do something there's a bit of a noticeable delay e.g. passing. Passing is significantly different and will take getting used to - it often passes to the wrong man completely for me cause I haven't quite figured out how hard to hit it.

Sprinting is also weird - not sure how it works exactly.

Goals definitely more difficult to score IMO. I just played Liverpool v Chelsea 3 times in a row on pro level and only managed to score 1 penalty in all the games. Keepers are better but it also seems more difficult to keep shots on target.

I noticed something different about the keepers though. In one game I got the ball at the edge of the box and sort of did a one touch and then immediately shoot. Thought it was in, skimmed the post but Cech in nets didn't even dive. Completely wrong footed and just watched it sail past him. Was pretty much impossible to wrong foot keepers in previous FIFA games.

In corners you can now use set-piece tactics easily. Tell your players to run front post, back post, edge of the box or crowd the keeper. In throw ins and free kicks you can take control of the receiving player rather than the taker.

I think overall the game is good, but a lot of people are going to hate the changes made.

• Advertisement

There is also a step above "Ultra Attacking" now called "All out attack".

And the game no longer waits for the ball to be in the middle of the pitch to blow the half time or final whistle. I took a corner and it was headed to the edge of the D right to the foot of my player and the whistle went.

Btw for anyone curious - the demo is 4 minute halves and you can restart the games at the end without having to go back to menus etc. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Dortmund, Boca Juniors, Barcelona and PSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

awec wrote: »
    There is also a step above "Ultra Attacking" now called "All out attack".

And the game no longer waits for the ball to be in the middle of the pitch to blow the half time or final whistle. I took a corner and it was headed to the edge of the D right to the foot of my player and the whistle went.

Btw for anyone curious - the demo is 4 minute halves and you can restart the games at the end without having to go back to menus etc. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Dortmund, Boca Juniors, Barcelona and PSG.
    Not bad its usually 3 min halves for the demo.

Available for download on PC now through Origin FYI.

Available for download on PC now through Origin FYI.

Must be a lot of traffic, it's failing quiet a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Anybody else having issues where it's stuttering/freezing after installing, tried the old uninstall/reinstall and rebooting etc :(

Xbox one btw!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

It doesn't feel all that different to 14 to me, much nicer looking on PC this year though so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Looking forward to getting my hands on this tomorrow on PS.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Played 5 games. I'm liking it so far. I think it's significantly different to 14 on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Played 5 games. I'm liking it so far. I think it's significantly different to 14 on PC.

massive upgrade on the PC considering the new engine. I have played on both XB1 and PC, basically will buy for PC if my laptop can handle it as its great having the option to play on several machines. As for the game and graphics I find it identical on the two.

• Advertisement

The gameplay does seem to be a bit slow, but maybe I just have to get used to it, the graphics look fantastic on PC & is all in all is a massive improvement on last year & it's a little tougher which is nice too

Advertisement